...and another thing

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I think it was the colonel who recently suggested a ‘what grinds my gears’ thread, somewhere that any of us grumpy old men and woman can get shit off our chests, from minor annoyances to full on boiling with rage furious rants. Politicians, plastics, driving, social media, the opposite sex, estate agents, etc etc. This boards Room 101.

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I’m going to kick this off. What gets on my tits is Vox pops.
Every TV or radio news report or current affairs programme nowadays has to canvass the view of some bloke from Kent or some old woman from Essex. This was at its absolute worst during Brexit.

Journo - “How do you feel about the progress being made and what are the post Brexit economic freedoms the UK should aim to exploit”?

Ken “We voted to leave, they should just get on with it”

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I’m going to kick this off. What gets on my tits is Vox pops.
Every TV or radio news report or current affairs programme nowadays has to canvass the view of some bloke from Kent or some old woman from Essex. This was at its absolute worst during Brexit.

Journo - “How do you feel about the progress being made and what are the post Brexit economic freedoms the UK should aim to exploit”?

Ken “We voted to leave, they should just get on with it”
Drives me up the wall. Lets ask a local muppet for folksy wisdom. I want to hear the opinions of people better informed than I not lazy cliches, generalisations or ill informed bullshit.

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Drives me up the wall. Lets ask a local muppet for folksy wisdom. I want to hear the opinions of people better informed than I not lazy cliches, generalisations or ill informed bullshit.

Take Question Time on right now. They are talking Covid, they’ve got the intelligent and experienced Helen Stokes-Lampard, Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners on there. I want to hear what she’s got to say, not bloody David from Carlisle ffs. I couldn’t give a flying f•ck what he thinks.

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Take Question Time on right now. They are talking Covid, they’ve got the intelligent and experienced Helen Stokes-Lampard, Chair of the Royal College of General Practitioners on there. I want to hear what she’s got to say, not bloody David from Carlisle ffs. I couldn’t give a flying f•ck what he thinks.

We need a vaccine they should just get on with it

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
23E4B2DC-1B1B-4573-9901-3CEFBBEF3D4A.jpeg

forgot the thumbnail

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
A thing that really pisses me off in football is when defenders shield the ball out for a goal kick or throw in, as they haven‘t touched the ball then they are not controlling the ball so it’s obstruction and a free kick to the other team surely?

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
A thing that really pisses me off in football is when defenders shield the ball out for a goal kick or throw in, as they haven‘t touched the ball then they are not controlling the ball so it’s obstruction and a free kick to the other team surely?
A point I have made many times myself :thumbup:

If they are not attempting to play the ball, it's obstruction.

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
A point I have made many times myself :thumbup:

If they are not attempting to play the ball, it's obstruction.

Funnily enough I was talking to a friend of mine who refs and he explained that its all about the distance the player is from the ball. Obstruction still exists as a rule but only if the ball is not within playing distance.

This is taken direct from the FIFA rules-

‘A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.’

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Funnily enough I was talking to a friend of mine who refs and he explained that its all about the distance the player is from the ball. Obstruction still exists as a rule but only if the ball is not within playing distance.

‘A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.’
Also @TDA should take note of the second line of that rule:

‘A player who places himself between an opponent and the ball for tactical reasons has not committed an offence as long as the ball is kept within playing distance and the player does not hold off the opponent with his arms or body.

And yellow is a perfectly acceptable colour to include on a Cardiff City kit’

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

The point is that players do put their arms out to block the opponent, but refs do nothing about it. The rule as it is written and its application are cop outs.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Football wise I can't stand it when the attacker buys a penalty by manufacturing contact. That's worse than exaggerating fouls to get a pen.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Football wise I can't stand it when the attacker buys a penalty by manufacturing contact. That's worse than exaggerating fouls to get a pen.

I agree the defender should be awarded a free kick, not at the ball but at the cheat who dived, that would soon put a stop to it.

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
When someone makes a tackle contacts the ball but is penalised for contacting the player on the follow through

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
had a bloke the other day who had pulled into a parking space so badly his car was well into the space l was trying to get into,anyway I manage to pull in along side him ,but have to be very careful how I opened my door not to knock his.All the time I’m doing this he is standing there watching me,so when I got out I said to him,what you looking at butty, gutless twat says oh nothing,which I says fuck off you was watching just to see if I knocked your door getting out of my car,your a twat I says who just wants a row,you’d better fuck off from me cause I’m having a bad day.....hate that me:hehe:

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Nothing worse than when trying to help by watching and guiding some older gent into a parking spot, they then get out of their car and verbally abuse you

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Nothing worse than when trying to help by watching and guiding some older gent into a parking spot, they then get out of their car and verbally abuse you
so that's what you where doing...if you'd only explained :hehe:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now