Are they right or sucking the joy out of the game for fans?

small

BSP

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
25,799 114 42
Country
Wales
Credits

Glos Blue

Turkey fiddler
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
₡ BOOKIE ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
11,802 18 25
Country
Wales
Credits
I had exactly the same argument with a bell end on FB who said the person who called Gerwyn Price a ‘sheepshagger’ should be jailed for racism.
I told him City fans call ourselves and get called sheepshaggers week in, week out and it’s not remotely offensive.

He then shared the definition of racism and said he found it ‘incredibly offensive’ and said it was the same as calling a black person the N word!
I just called him a whiny c**t and left it at that.
What the fuck is wrong with them?

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👑 900 PAGER 👑
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
111,767 792 249
Country
Wales
Credits
I had exactly the same argument with a bell end on FB who said the person who called Gerwyn Price a ‘sheepshagger’ should be jailed for racism.
I told him City fans call ourselves and get called sheepshaggers week in, week out and it’s not remotely offensive.

He then shared the definition of racism and said he found it ‘incredibly offensive’ and said it was the same as calling a black person the N word!
I just called him a whiny c**t and left it at that.
What the fuck is wrong with them?
Fuck knows how these people would cope with something real to worry about in their lives.

Glos Blue

Turkey fiddler
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
₡ BOOKIE ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
11,802 18 25
Country
Wales
Credits
Fuck knows how these people would cope with something real to worry about in their lives.
I often wonder how they deal with any real life issues. Probably hide away in their safe spaces and let someone else sort their shit out for them.

Gonzo mckenzie

Player of the Month
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
Credits
The thing I’m wary of with some chants is it can give sections in authority a stick to beat us with, like that muppet who said safe standing encourages racist chanting and cocaine use. Football fans are still looked at as scum by some, which is how we end up with the stupid situation where we can sit and watch the match in a poorly ventilated wine bar, but not in a stadium open to the elements, or the abject terror you would think the people of Bath faced when we played there pre-season. It’s like we have to behave twice as good as people going to rugby etc

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👑 900 PAGER 👑
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
111,767 792 249
Country
Wales
Credits
screenshot-2016.jpg

screenshot-2017.jpg

TH63

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏃🏃🏃 500 PAGER 🏃🏃🏃
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
50,688 428 125
Country
Wales
Credits
Are these chants a bit of fun banter for the fans or should they be stopped?

On the one hand I can see their point but in reality I wonder if these people will ever be happy and where does it end?

The football experience for fans is becoming more and more sterile by the season and these guys won't be happy until fans are sat down politely clapping, not allowed to make eye contact with opposition fans in order to avoid triggering them.

Personally I don't like the "feed the scousers" chant. It's basically taking the piss out of working class blokes, just like us, who have been impoverished by the same Tories that most of us on here detest.
In the same way, I can't stand the "land of your fathers" chant aimed at the jacks.

That said, we need to be careful not to over-sanitise the game and I am certainly not wild about the idea of social media campaigns to proactively moderate chants.

Polo Pirlo

Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ BIG MICK
Reaction score
Reactions
27,025 281 91
Credits
Personally I don't like the "feed the scousers" chant. It's basically taking the piss out of working class blokes, just like us, who have been impoverished by the same Tories that most of us on here detest.
In the same way, I can't stand the "land of your fathers" chant aimed at the jacks.

That said, we need to be careful not to over-sanitise the game and I am certainly not wild about the idea of social media campaigns to proactively moderate chants.
Hasnt quite got the same ring to it Cardiff City fans chanting it - as opposed to say Chelsea fans - when you consider South Wales is hardly an area paved with gold.

At a time when foodbank usage is at an all time high and is only going to get worse with the cost of living sky rocketing, I think the chant is a bit crass and outdated.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Reaction score
Reactions
6,451 9 18
Country
Czech-Republic
Credits

Login or Register

Forgot your password?