Credits
closely followed by Jimmy Wilde
jimmy-wilde.jpg
All day long

DaleDawsan

Banned
UBER NOOB
Credits
I'm new to this forum, I have to say, Jimmy Wilde definitely deserves to be in the conversation. His record of 139 wins, 98 by knockout, and a staggering unbeaten run of 94 fights is just incredible. On a different note, I recently got into boxing and have been looking for some good gloves for beginners.

Melvin Udal

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
𝕎 TOP WORDLER 𝕎
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I'm new to this forum, I have to say, Jimmy Wilde definitely deserves to be in the conversation. His record of 139 wins, 98 by knockout, and a staggering unbeaten run of 94 fights is just incredible. On a different note, I recently got into boxing and have been looking for some good gloves for beginners.
Bought these ready for drunken BBQ nights:thumbup:

dallas-inflatable-boxing-ring-giant.jpg

Enoch Mort

First Team Regular
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Credits

Jimmy Wilde was rated by Nat Fleischer, editor of the Ring Magazine, as the greatest Flyweight ever. Praise indeed coming from such a distinguished Boxing writer.

Jimmy Wilde was also a Bluebird. I remember my father telling me that he used to see him down the City.

He came to a very sad end having been mugged at a railway station in Cardiff from which he never recovered.

DaleDawsan

Banned
UBER NOOB
Credits
After doing some research, I found that the ***LINK REMOVED BY COLONEL*** best heavy bag gloves for beginner are the ones that offer good wrist support and padding. I came across a review article on "Boxing Gloves For Beginners Reviewed" that helped me find the right gloves for me. Back to the topic at hand, I think it's important to recognize and appreciate the achievements of boxers from different eras.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martin John

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Has there been anyone better in the art of ‘hit and don’t get hit’? The greatest defensive boxer of all time, easily

B25CA47F-28AE-49AE-BE1C-56EB3100ECF0.jpeg

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Let the records show, the longest unbeaten run in boxing history was by a Welshman, Jimmy Wilde, I haven't checked but I think it was something like 94 straight wins in a pro fight record of 139 wins, 98 by knockout, can't see that record ever being beaten. If you add his unlicensed fights it's estimated to be around 500 fights with almost all against bigger, heavier opponents, what a man!

Read his Wiki yesterday after seeing this, and his record is absolutely unbelievable.

Does he have a statue, or any sort of memorial?

If not, then once again, a homegrown legend isn't recognised in his home town, a lot like like the Welsh rugby league stars who only have statues oop North.

It's taken an American boxing expert journo to rightly commend him.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Read his Wiki yesterday after seeing this, and his record is absolutely unbelievable.

Does he have a statue, or any sort of memorial?

If not, then once again, a homegrown legend isn't recognised in his home town, a lot like like the Welsh rugby league stars who only have statues oop North.

It's taken an American boxing expert journo to rightly commend him.
Apparently not

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
After doing some research, I found that the ***LINK REMOVED BY COLONEL*** best heavy bag gloves for beginner are the ones that offer good wrist support and padding. I came across a review article on "Boxing Gloves For Beginners Reviewed" that helped me find the right gloves for me. Back to the topic at hand, I think it's important to recognize and appreciate the achievements of boxers from different eras.
There it is. I wondered when we’d see a link to something being flogged.:hehe:

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now