❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
In the 70s weren’t it? Did you also throw your old cock books over there as well. If so thank you.

No but the postman who lived in Wellwood used to chuck his letters over there :hehe:

I lived in Llanedeyrn for 40 years

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
I'll have you know there are plenty of wheelie bins in the Democratic Republic of the Cadoxton. And also the rainbow of nonsense for the various recycling.
Aah Cadoxton. I missed many a train for "just one more" in the Admiral.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
My current collection day is Friday.

I had a letter earlier, envelope, postage, colour flyer, bilingual, folded, plus a letter, also bilingual, to tell me that in future my collection day will be......Friday.

philstantsrifle

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
My current collection day is Friday.

I had a letter earlier, envelope, postage, colour flyer, bilingual, folded, plus a letter, also bilingual, to tell me that in future my collection day will be......Friday.

I wonder how much that will have cost us. A bloody flyer would have done the job. Why the council print everything out twice is ridiculous. Assume there is some bonkers Senedd legislation behind it. This isnt deepest, darkest Gwynedd- we can all read English.

And my council tax has gone up £300 since the beginning of 2018 which is a fucking madness.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
I wonder how much that will have cost us. A bloody flyer would have done the job. Why the council print everything out twice is ridiculous. Assume there is some bonkers Senedd legislation behind it. This isnt deepest, darkest Gwynedd- we can all read English.

And my council tax has gone up £300 since the beginning of 2018 which is a fucking madness.

I had a letter from Cardiff city council last week, bilingual etc, and it come from Durham

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

The bilingual thing I can live with, it’s the welsh language act and I support the language, but the translation costs, the printing cost, surely to God, there’s someone in cardiff council who could’ve thought that 20% of Cardiff get there collections on Friday, they’ll still get their deliveries on Friday, so we don’t need to post them a letter, so we can save ourselves 20% of all the print and postage costs?

philstantsrifle

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
The bilingual thing I can live with, it’s the welsh language act and I support the language, but the translation costs, the printing cost, surely to God, there’s someone in cardiff council who could’ve thought that 20% of Cardiff get there collections on Friday, they’ll still get their deliveries on Friday, so we don’t need to post them a letter, so we can save ourselves 20% of all the print and postage costs?

10% of Cardiffians speak Welsh. And most of those probably haven’t used it since they left Glantaff. It’s a colossal, unnecessary expense. Probably more value printing it in Arabic.

I support the language myself. But there really isn’t any need for costly duplication of communication in Cardiff.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now