Bins

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Changes to bin collection in Cardiff County Council areas starting Monday.

Weekly Recycling and Waste collection starts Monday 30 March
Collections will be on the normal day for your area.

If you use bins
- All residents who have a black wheelie bin must put their food waste and hygiene waste (nappies / medical waste etc) into the black bin for collection. Do not use your food caddy.

If you use bags - All residents in areas that do not use black wheelie bins must put hygiene waste (nappies / medical waste etc) in their red-striped bags. Food waste should continue to go into your food caddy to stop animals and birds scattering food waste across streets.

Recycling collections will continue as normal and recycling bags should be put out weekly at the same time alongside other waste.

Please continue to recycle as normal, rinse out recycling and put the correct recyclables in your green recycling bags.

Garden waste - Collections will be cancelled from Monday 23 March until further notice

More info here
Cardiff Council - https://www.cardiff.gov.uk/ENG/Your-Council/Strategies-plans-and-policies/Emergency-Planning-and-Resilience/coronavirus-information/Pages/default.aspx

So much for saving the planet then. Hopefully our tiny black bins will cope. And no garden waste collections just as the grass needs cutting. Ima dump all my grass in the taff.

philstantsrifle

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
We’re really struggling with the tiny black bin already. When a family of 4 are home all of the time, you are naturally going to produce more waste....

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
We’re really struggling with the tiny black bin already. When a family of 4 are home all of the time, you are naturally going to produce more waste....

FFS, you're not supposed to shit in it mun.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Don’t see the problem here tbh.
Yes I have a tiny black bin, but currently they only collect it once a fortnight.
Green bin is massive but empty as I haven’t cut the grass since 2018.
They’re still going to collect the green recycling bags
Food waste? Ok, I’ll just put the little bag in the black bin.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Yes I have a tiny black bin, but currently they only collect it once a fortnight.

To be honest, now they're collecting it every week it should be ok, but it grates to put food waste in the black bin these days.

More concerned about the green bin, I don't have a team of Japanese gardeners to tend my lawn & can easily fill the green bin over a fortnight when the grass really starts growing.

You've let your bush grow have you TH?

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Weird, when I read this yesterday I was under the impression that black bins were going to be collected every week. I suppose I need to brush up on my reading skills.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Weird, when I read this yesterday I was under the impression that black bins were going to be collected every week. I suppose I need to brush up on my reading skills.

Oof, has it already been posted? Been weirdly busy & unable to keep up with the coronavirus thread.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Oof, has it already been posted? Been weirdly busy & unable to keep up with the coronavirus thread.
Yeah Trav posted it yesterday but it's worth having a seperate thread for it probably, for idiots like me that can't seem to read properly.

Having read the original post again it is saying that the black bins will be collected weekly. I should never have doubted myself.

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Yeah Trav posted it yesterday but it's worth having a seperate thread for it probably, for idiots like me that can't seem to read properly.

Having read the original post again it is saying that the black bins will be collected weekly. I should never have doubted myself.

You're right, as the food waste will now be in there and that can't be left for long for hygiene / pest control reasons.

As EYF says - using the food waste bin is now so engrained, it's going to feel horrible chucking it in the landfill / incinerator receptacle...

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
It's slightly ambiguous though.

Does this mean we put food waste straight into our black bags and then into the black wheelie bin, or still separate them into the food waste bags, and then put these in the Black wheelie bin?

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

My green bin is full :hehe:

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
It's slightly ambiguous though.

Does this mean we put food waste straight into our black bags and then into the black wheelie bin, or still separate them into the food waste bags, and then put these in the Black wheelie bin?

The Boredom and self isolation is strong with this one

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Just noticed I've got two big plastic boxes of grass cuttings from last year that I couldn't be arsed taking to my wheelie bin :hehe:

I half filled my green bin last week with dead stuff from last summer and yesterday I cut the lawns front and back, the first time since last September so it’s full, I had to stand inside and squash it all down to get it all in :hehe:

Nid Dave

Modern day Cassandra
☘ 300 PAGER ☘
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☕ "Pinky Up" Tea Club ☕
Credits
To be honest, now they're collecting it every week it should be ok, but it grates to put food waste in the black bin these days.

More concerned about the green bin, I don't have a team of Japanese gardeners to tend my lawn & can easily fill the green bin over a fortnight when the grass really starts growing.

You've let your bush grow have you TH?

Why not discover the joys of composting. Give your worms a treat, you will be greatfull you did when the food in the shops runs out. :thumbup:

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Why not discover the joys of composting. Give your worms a treat, you will be greatfull you did when the food in the shops runs out. :thumbup:

Ive got a compost bin it’s full, just about to start using some of it, to make room for more old stuff :thumbup:

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
source.gif

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
I half filled my green bin last week with dead stuff from last summer and yesterday I cut the lawns front and back, the first time since last September so it’s full, I had to stand inside and squash it all down to get it all in :hehe:

My green bin is full of all sorts of shit that the last occupiers dumped in there. I mowed the lawn and sprinkled the clippings over the top hiding all the shit but the bin men were wise to my ruse. It has remained kerbside ever since. I might empty it now I've nothing better to do.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
We all have now surely :thumbup:

People keep going on about what new skills they'll learn or all the jobs around they house they'll get done whilst we're in lockdown. If anything I'm busier with my work that when I have to go into the office. I'm fucked by 5pm every day!

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now