❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The embargo was in place and known about when EB joined us, so no surprise there. Not sure that the keeper scoring would have been in the criteria tbh.
season 4 smh GIF by Outlander

Bazzle Shizzlepizzle

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Then he must be a fool:nope:, 1st year in a new country, in one of the toughest, in fact the toughest 2nd division around!
I'm pretty certain it was mentioned about the brief being no flirting with relegation.
Also Bulut himself has alluded to the " board" being happy enough with what he had done, but we now have tan, and his delusion of getting to play offs, and possible promotion, all whilst under embargo, and the changing rules re ffp etc! I'm sick of him believing you can achieve the above on peanuts being spent :nope:.
🎶 and the needle returns to the start of the song, and we all sing along like before!!
I’m no fan of Tan but there are a few assumptions in there.

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The embargo was in place and known about when EB joined us, so no surprise there. Not sure that the keeper scoring would have been in the criteria tbh.
But we are talking about tan! Who knows what his demands were:shrug2:, yes we all knew, bulut included, about the embargo, But he was given assurance that he could spend in January, then told he had only a fiver!! I believe if he could have got his 1st, or even 2nd choices in, we may have achieved play offs, and that would have surprised myself, and no doubt plenty of other supporters.
I'm not arguing with you, I've said already if play offs were the criteria, he was a fool to agree.
Most fans would have been pleased as to where we finished, myself included, I stated before season started, that under the circumstances, a mid table, possibly top half finish was what I'd accept. :thumbup:

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
But we are talking about tan! Who knows what his demands were:shrug2:, yes we all knew, bulut included, about the embargo, But he was given assurance that he could spend in January, then told he had only a fiver!! I believe if he could have got his 1st, or even 2nd choices in, we may have achieved play offs, and that would have surprised myself, and no doubt plenty of other supporters.
I'm not arguing with you, I've said already if play offs were the criteria, he was a fool to agree.
Most fans would have been pleased as to where we finished, myself included, I stated before season started, that under the circumstances, a mid table, possibly top half finish was what I'd accept. :thumbup:

It's totally irrelevant what VT's demands were, if EB agreed to them then he only has himself to blame for not reaching the goals.

TheGoose

Wales Call Up
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
its probably just as well he didnt have more to spend, considering the amount he did have he spent on Turnbull

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
its probably just as well he didnt have more to spend, considering the amount he did have he spent on Turnbull
Well he wouldn't have been able to buy Phillips for that money would he? He was left with 48 hrs to get someone in, at least turnbull makes an effort, whereas Robinson whose one of the higher earners, couldn't be arsed! :thumbup:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Probably but not exactly first choice.
i think a lot of players were not his choice considering he came in late and didn't know the league. siopis, goutas and the shit keeper i think were and diediou was a last minute signing after missing out on kieffer

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
I think everyone has misinterpreted what Glen Williams actually said.

He said that the contract extension of two years hasn't happened, not that Bulut didn't reach his targets. The option was City's if he did.

It could be that he did satisfy the specifics, but City are not entirely comfortable with the way he achieved that. That would accord pretty much with the opinion of most members on here.

It is probably a case of 'the boy did okay, but we are not wholly convinced, so we'll go halfway"

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Well, he certainly had us finishing higher than the previous 5 years!

Did he?

Apart from the two crap seasons we had immediately before this one, you'd have to go back to 2006/7 to find a lower-placed finish than Erol delivered for us this season.

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Did he?

Apart from the two crap seasons we had immediately before this one, you'd have to go back to 2006/7 to find a lower-placed finish than Erol delivered for us this season.
Typo sorry! Didn't proof read my post:facepalm:but in retrospect, he got us to exactly the same position & points as warnocks 1st season here, (2016/17 )not too shabby considering it was his 1st foray outside his own country as a manager, and the trying conditions of embargo etc.
So not as far back as 06/7.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now