toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Well, he certainly had us finishing higher than the previous 5 years! But with his hands tied behind his back too! But we are talking a crazy cunt at the top, whose demands include the keeper scoring etc! IF the play offs were the target set, then yes he failed, bit if the board expected this, with the embargo in place, and then January going tits up re signings, and we were left scrambling in the last 2 days of the window , scraping the barrel so to speak.The sad part is we finished a few wins short of actually reaching that 6th place, and who knows, if we had got the players bilut actually wanted in January, we might well have achieved the play offs:shrug2:
Please read 2 yrs not 5.:mare:I'll proof read better I promise!:facepalm:

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Did he?

Apart from the two crap seasons we had immediately before this one, you'd have to go back to 2006/7 to find a lower-placed finish than Erol delivered for us this season.
Typo sorry! Didn't proof read my post:facepalm:but in retrospect, he got us to exactly the same position & points as warnocks 1st season here, not too shabby considering it was his 1st foray outside his own country as a manager, and the trying conditions of embargo etc.
So not as far back as 06/7.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Typo sorry! Didn't proof read my post:facepalm:but in retrospect, he got us to exactly the same position & points as warnocks 1st season here, (2016/17 )not too shabby considering it was his 1st foray outside his own country as a manager, and the trying conditions of embargo etc.

I'm going to call you Fry's I think

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Typo sorry! Didn't proof read my post:facepalm:but in retrospect, he got us to exactly the same position & points as warnocks 1st season here, not too shabby considering it was his 1st foray outside his own country as a manager, and the trying conditions of embargo etc.

I said you'd need to go back to 06/07 to find a worse finishing position (barring the two seasons before this one).

Warnock did indeed deliver an equal 12th position in his first partial season, having taken us over when we were 11 games in and in the bottom 3.

If we're comparing with Warnock, it's more fair to look at the first full season, which saw us promoted as runners-up.

My instinct is to like Bulut and I'd love to see him succeed, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Mick McCarthy, Neil Harris and Russell Slade have all had us finishing higher than 12th and that's before we even get into the managers some of us rated. So Erol definitely does still need to prove himself, in my opinion.

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
i think a lot of players were not his choice considering he came in late and didn't know the league. siopis, goutas and the shit keeper i think were and diediou was a last minute signing after missing out on kieffer
They were all his choices @stantys tattoos. The last minute aspect of the was down to getting the nod from EFL FP&S consultation people late in the day. The club did not want to fall foul of the rules. Moore was allegedly in the bag, but obviously his head and his agent's were turned last minute, hence Diediou being a late one. From what i can gather there could well have been a first choice of Bulut's that did not come off, as it was just excessively expensive.
SJB

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
They were all his choices @stantys tattoos. The last minute aspect of the was down to getting the nod from EFL FP&S consultation people late in the day. The club did not want to fall foul of the rules. Moore was allegedly in the bag, but obviously his head and his agent's were turned last minute, hence Diediou being a late one. From what i can gather there could well have been a first choice of Bulut's that did not come off, as it was just excessively expensive.
SJB
Not being funny, but how do you know all of the above? He did say one minute, he had for arguments sake £30 to spend, then was informed it was just a tenner! By the time we were able to move, I guess a few of his choices had moved already, or it was too late to do anything talks wise?

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
That's one thing you've been consistent about tbf

200w (27).gif

Robin Friday's Ghost

Player of the Month
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Typo sorry! Didn't proof read my post:facepalm:but in retrospect, he got us to exactly the same position & points as warnocks 1st season here, (2016/17 )not too shabby considering it was his 1st foray outside his own country as a manager, and the trying conditions of embargo etc.
But Warnock wasn't appointed until October by which time we were in the relegation zone.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺