PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
"Most Normal Person"
Reaction score
Reactions
25,355 3,129 1,215
Credits
"The talks are over"

It's an Australian style system it is then.

The EU have messed with the wrong PM, Barnier has now realised that Boris is no Theresa May.

Back to getting this island at the forefront of engineering and manufacturing etc etc etc.

100 years ago we were the biggest empire in the world.
Haven't been invaded since 1066.

Let's make Britain Great again.

Nugent

Ranked No.5 Poster
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
"Most Normal Person"
Reaction score
Reactions
25,355 3,129 1,215
Credits

Nugent

Ranked No.5 Poster
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
PICKEM 17/18 - 2nd Place
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
"Most Normal Person"
Reaction score
Reactions
25,355 3,129 1,215
Credits
Same old labour.
This is why they'll never get in power

Screenshot_20201017-015720_Twitter.jpg

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,848 1,049 108
Credits
1602902521374.jpeg

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,848 1,049 108
Credits

CCFC_27

f**k the Jacks
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
1,310 367 11
Credits
"The talks are over"

The EU have messed with the wrong PM, Barnier has now realised that Boris is no Theresa May.

Back to getting this island at the forefront of engineering and manufacturing etc etc etc.

you're right, Boris is the only PM with the balls..... the balls to ruin the country for decades for his own image

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🏅 LIFETIME
ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
Reaction score
Reactions
76,123 738 51
Credits
Boris only does what his daddy tells him to do

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐🗐🗐 30 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,160 115 13
Credits
I'm with the Nugglemiester on this one Im afraid. Its a shame the shower of shit Tories couldn't negotiate a deal but ultimately Brexit was what the public voted for (and me) and like those tweeters in the scene pics say, they still don't get why we wanted to leave.

Either way, there's no going back

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
22,703 774 83
Credits
I'm with the Nugglemiester on this one Im afraid. Its a shame the shower of shit Tories couldn't negotiate a deal but ultimately Brexit was what the public voted for (and me) and like those tweeters in the scene pics say, they still don't get why we wanted to leave.

A great many voted for sunlight uplands, they're not getting that are they?

Wave_Maker

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
5,932 719 31
Credits
Whilst we are still at the forefront of tech, am curious to know where all these engineering and manufacturing businesses are that Nuge speaks of. Rightly or wrongly, most have been lost to, in part, Europe, but mostly to the likes of China. Yes, the various govts played a part in this decline, but so much more has been lost due to poor management and inability to market the company/products effectively -Something that's still an issue to these companies today.

There was a load of backslapping and snobbery regarding how our manufacturing has moved to low volume high value products, but these are more often niche markets. You can't (re)build a country on crumbs. Meanwhile, China is laughing all the way to the bank, going from a bunch of farm hands in straw hats, to rapidly becoming the world's centre for manufacturing and is, or soon will be, the biggest economy in the world in the process.

Then there's the next generation of engineers. Where are they coming from? It's frightening how quickly this changed. Started my first degree in '95 95% of the 120 of us, across the 3 mechanical disciplines were from the UK. Fast forward to 2012 when I finished my last stint in uni, and only about 5% were from the UK studying engineering, and I was the only one on the post-grad course that was British.

I should also point out that of the 120 that did their first degree, after a year after completion, there was only 1 person who had graduated that managed to secure a job in engineering. It took me an MSc and MRes before I was allowed into the industry. Companies do not help themselves, by their blatant refusal to take on graduates in this country. Yet, go to the likes of Germany, and they're falling over themselves to welcome in engineering graduates, to shape and mould them into what a given company needs. And don't get me started on uni fees. £15k for a one year course before you even start to feed yourself or put a roof over your head, is downright extortion

RIP UK engineering and manufacturing. It's been consigned to the history books long ago

Last edited:

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
₡ BOOKIE ₡
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
Reaction score
Reactions
15,724 472 135
Credits
The turkeys about to receive their Christmas

QuantumMechanic

Club and Country Superstar
Reaction score
Reactions
675 201 17
Credits

EU didn't want a deal. You think they want anyone risking being successful having left their club - not to forget being pissed off at losing one of their few net contributors.

Plenty of areas of talks could easily - easily - have been conducted in parallel. A sensible approach. EU refused, wanting to draw things out, ensuring no deal occurred.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
22,703 774 83
Credits
EU didn't want a deal. You think they want anyone risking being successful having left their club - not to forget being pissed off at losing one of their few net contributors.

Plenty of areas of talks could easily - easily - have been conducted in parallel. A sensible approach. EU refused, wanting to draw things out, ensuring no deal occurred.
Interesting perspective there. Interesting.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
I ❤ PATO
Reaction score
Reactions
13,546 181 36
Credits
"The talks are over"

Can you go back to lurking. Cheers. Ta..

PlumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
10,322 137 15
Credits
"The talks are over"

What was stopping us frim being at the forefront of engineering and manufacturing? Germany are alsopart of the same EU club and they seemed to do alright, and still seem to be doing alright.

Johnson isn't May. May said before the referendum the exact problem that we would have, and that is the one that made Johnson draw a border down the Irisih Sea, then came up with a great idea to build a big huge bridge across the Irish Sea, then came up with an even better solution "to break international law".

Three cheers for Johnson. Don'r forget to socially distance in the dole queue guys, because we also didn't turn the tide on that thanks to the Government getting us to eat out to help out. The hospitality sector is about to collapse as we go from the possibility of a 2-week circuit breaker in England, to more weeks of dithering followed by a lockdown in England. A lockdown may not be for life, but it could be for Christmas. Imagine the queues outside Tesco, disappointed kids with presents still in an Amazon warehouse.

I like Johnson, he is the first Tory PM to get a huge majority and still manage to bring the Government to its knees.

PlumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
10,322 137 15
Credits

I don't know why anyone wanted to leave, and when I hear reasons for leaving I never hear anything that actually physically or econonomically benefits any of us.

At the end of the day, we're leaving the football pitch and all the other lads are still playing. But, we want to take the ball home because we need that to carry on playing.

PlumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
10,322 137 15
Credits

We're the ones leaving mate. The EU ain't leaving us, we are leaving them. And the main reason we were the 4th largest economy in the world the day before Brexit was because of what we got from being in the EU. A few months later, and we were the 5th largest economy.

Wave_Maker

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
5,932 719 31
Credits
What was stopping us frim being at the forefront of engineering and manufacturing? Germany are alsopart of the same EU club and they seemed to do alright, and still seem to be doing alright.
One of the big reasons why their manufacturing survives, is because their population/citizens will always buy German made products first and foremost. It's been quite a while since we've had that same 'loyalty' to product buying in this country