🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
47,985 13 304
Country
Wales
Credits
It's like Dai is incapable of having a rational discussion on any topic. Do you think all his day to day interactions are like this? It must be exhausting for him and everyone who knows him.
It’s what happens when you surround yourself with like minded weird online Twitter bigots.

He genuinely thinks that he’s right and everyone else is wrong.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,165 14 679
Credits
From the available stats on Transfermarkt. It's only about half his games, but a fair sample I think: -

Screenshot 2022-09-22 at 14.28.21.png

Some observations: -

1) Played loads more games at CM than any other position
2) His goal return playing on the left or right of midfield - i.e. in a role comparable to O'Dowda, is roughly 1 in 10.

Complete BS.

The only valid comparison between two midfield players over seven seasons is the one I gave.

If O'Dowda was 4/5 league goals behind Whitts over his seven seasons in League 2/Championship, then I would be happy to concede how close it was.

However, that is not the case.

You're pissing in the wind, if he was any good Bristol would have hung onto him.

I'll remind you of this thread at the back end.

:hehe:

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
47,985 13 304
Country
Wales
Credits
Complete BS.

The only valid comparison between two midfield players over seven seasons is the one I gave.

If O'Dowda was 4/5 league goals behind Whitts over his seven seasons in League 2/Championship, then I would be happy to concede how close it was.

You're pissing in the wind, if he was any good Bristol would have hung onto him.

Bristol did want to hang on to him. Offered him a new contract. Just wanted to pay him less. So he decided to leave.

Wrong again Dai.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
13,086 8 15
Credits
Complete BS.

Right. So you want to compare the stats of one of the finest centre midfielders the Championship has seen, who took all our free kicks and penalties, with the stats of a winger, who doesn't.

Instead of comparing the relative stats of the two players when they were playing in similar positions.

Fair enough.

Pointless arguing with you (as always)

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
13,086 8 15
Credits
Bristol did want to hang on to him. Offered him a new contract. Just wanted to pay him less. So he decided to leave.

Wrong again Dai.

How does he do it? Must be the wrongest person in the history of the planet.

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👥 GTAM WINNER 👥
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
27,478 61 176
Country
Wales
Credits
How does he do it? Must be the wrongest person in the history of the planet.

Nugent and PointyBonce / Quim Reflux push him very close on that score tbf.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,165 14 679
Credits
Right. So you want to compare the stats of one of the finest centre midfielders the Championship has seen, who took all our free kicks and penalties, with the stats of a winger, who doesn't.

Instead of comparing the relative stats of the two players when they were playing in similar positions.

Fair enough.

Pointless arguing with you (as always)
I've compared the goal tally with two midfield players over the same amount of seasons.

I'm not interested in a whole catalogue of miscellaneous variables, just the end product.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,165 14 679
Credits
Nugent and PointyBonce / Quim Reflux push him very close on that score tbf.
There's no such thing as right or wrong. There's just opinions, based on evidence and track record.
Those that can't understand that, have to resort to ad hominem comments.

If proven wrong at the end of the season I'm quite happy to put £50 worth of petrol in Woody's new Tesla.

I can't br fairer than that.

That boy's got enough on his plate as it is.

:thumbup:

Last edited:

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
47,985 13 304
Country
Wales
Credits
There's no such thing as right or wrong. There's just opinions, based on evidence and track record.

Actually there is such a thing as right or wrong.

The fact that you don’t realise it is at the core of your issues.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
13,086 8 15
Credits
Those that can't understand that, have to resort to ad hominem comments.

If proven wrong at the end of the season I'm quite happy to put £50 worth of petrol in Woody's new Tesla.

I can't br fairer than that.

That boy's got enough on his plate as it is.

:thumbup:

My car's not due till October, Dai. But thanks for thinking of me. I would have hated to get trapped in a faulty electric window.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
14,896 32 269
Credits
Jesus Christ.

Listen carefully.

O Dowda is a left winger.

Whitts was a playmaker, free kick taker, penalty taker and spent his time playing just behind the front line creating chances.

Now f**k off you sad old wind up and stop embarrassing yourself.

EPxI.gif

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
13,086 8 15
Credits
I've compared the goal tally with two midfield players over the same amount of seasons.

I'm not interested in a whole catalogue of miscellaneous variables, just the end product.

OK. If you think the goalscoring record of the highest scoring midfielder in City's history, who scored the majority of his goals when playing in the centre, is a fair yardstick by which to judge a winger, then there's absolutely no reasoning with you. Not that there ever is, of course.

I suppose it is marginally more sensible than using Ronaldinho as your yardstick, so that's some progress at least.

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
47,985 13 304
Country
Wales
Credits

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
27,870 71 94
Credits
It’s what happens when you surround yourself with like minded weird online Twitter bigots.

He genuinely thinks that he’s right and everyone else is wrong.
He’s a complete and utter sociopath

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
47,985 13 304
Country
Wales
Credits

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,165 14 679
Credits
OK. If you think the goalscoring record of the highest scoring midfielder in City's history, who scored the majority of his goals when playing in the centre, is a fair yardstick by which to judge a winger, then there's absolutely no reasoning with you. Not that there ever is, of course.

I suppose it is marginally more sensible than using Ronaldinho as your yardstick, so that's some progress at least.

It is very clear that in O'Dowda we do not have someone who could have played in the same team as Whitts.
We seem to have collected a job lot of cast offs and sub-standard players. Name me one that would have been good enough to get in the same squad as Whitts was in.

It's laughable that the standards and the quality of the players that we now have, is so far adrift from that of just twelve or fourteen years ago.

What is also clear, is the drop in expectations and ambition from the fans on here, who now want to get their knickers in a twist over a player who averaged a goal in every twelve league games that he played in.

I find it depressing to see this worshipping of mediocrity so early into the season. Ten games in and the writing is writ large on the wall, what we've got is all that we're going to get. Twenty games in and even Stevie Wonder will be able to see it.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
13,086 8 15
Credits
It is very clear that in O'Dowda we do not have someone who could have played in the same team as Whitts.
We seem to have collected a job lot of cast offs and sub-standard players. Name me one that would have been good enough to get in the same squad as Whitts was in.

It's laughable that the standards and the quality of the players that we now have, is so far adrift from that of just twelve or fourteen years ago.

What is also clear, is the drop in expectations and ambition from the fans on here, who now want to get their knickers in a twist over a player who averaged a goal in every twelve league games that he played in.

I find it depressing to see this worshipping of mediocrity so early into the season. Ten games in and the writing is writ large on the wall, what we've got is all that we're going to get. Twenty games in and even Stevie Wonder will be able to see it.

You're just doing this for a bit of conversation, aren't you? That's OK, we'll chat about anything on here, you don't have to make ridiculous, easily berated statements in order to fit in.

But since you have, here is a selection of people who were in the same squad as the revered Peter Whittingham: -

Kadeem Harris
Nicky Maynard
Ben Nugent
Tom Adeyemi
Alex Revell
Eoin Doyle

That's just one season I've picked at random

If you don't think that Romaine Sawyers, Callum Robinson, Sheyi Ojo et al would get a place in that squad, fair enough.

Latest Fun Bets

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Members Online