Callum O'Dowda

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
It is very clear that in O'Dowda we do not have someone who could have played in the same team as Whitts.
We seem to have collected a job lot of cast offs and sub-standard players. Name me one that would have been good enough to get in the same squad as Whitts was in.

It's laughable that the standards and the quality of the players that we now have, is so far adrift from that of just twelve or fourteen years ago.

What is also clear, is the drop in expectations and ambition from the fans on here, who now want to get their knickers in a twist over a player who averaged a goal in every twelve league games that he played in.

I find it depressing to see this worshipping of mediocrity so early into the season. Ten games in and the writing is writ large on the wall, what we've got is all that we're going to get. Twenty games in and even Stevie Wonder will be able to see it.

Actually, to make it fair, I'll pick Whitts's 20-goal season, as that's a better example. He shared a squad with: -

Solomon Taiwo
Darcy Blake
Anthony Gerrard
Miguel Comminges
Aaron Wildig

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
You're just doing this for a bit of conversation, aren't you? That's OK, we'll chat about anything on here, you don't have to make ridiculous, easily berated statements in order to fit in.

But since you have, here is a selection of people who were in the same squad as the revered Peter Whittingham: -

Kadeem Harris
Nicky Maynard
Ben Nugent
Tom Adeyemi
Alex Revell
Eoin Doyle

That's just one season I've picked at random

If you don't think that Romaine Sawyers, Callum Robinson, Sheyi Ojo et al would get a place in that squad, fair enough.

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Rae
Ramsey
Loovens
Thompson
Scimeca
Purse
McPhail
Johnson
McNaughton

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Kipre, Collins, Robinson, O'Dowda, Wintle...

All could've played in same team as Whitts.
They wouldn’t have got in the Whitts team with Bothroyd / Chopra / Bellamy years. No chance. :nope:

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Actually, to make it fair, I'll pick Whitts's 20-goal season, as that's a better example. He shared a squad with: -

Solomon Taiwo
Darcy Blake
Anthony Gerrard
Miguel Comminges
Aaron Wildig
To be fair to the Jew hater he did say team, not many of them were regulars

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
It is very clear that in O'Dowda we do not have someone who could have played in the same team as Whitts.
We seem to have collected a job lot of cast offs and sub-standard players. Name me one that would have been good enough to get in the same squad as Whitts was in.

It's laughable that the standards and the quality of the players that we now have, is so far adrift from that of just twelve or fourteen years ago.

What is also clear, is the drop in expectations and ambition from the fans on here, who now want to get their knickers in a twist over a player who averaged a goal in every twelve league games that he played in.

I find it depressing to see this worshipping of mediocrity so early into the season. Ten games in and the writing is writ large on the wall, what we've got is all that we're going to get. Twenty games in and even Stevie Wonder will be able to see it.
Let’s not get sidetracked here Dai as much as you’d like us to.

Nobody is worshipping mediocrity, nobody is getting their knickers in a twist.

You claimed O Dowda was shit. People pointed out that he’s made a decent start. You then started rambling on about Ronaldinho. When everyone laughed you then brought up Whitts.

Your attempts to move the goalposts and muddy the waters is something even Boris would be proud of.

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
To be fair to the Jew hater he did say team, not many of them were regulars

See below: -

If we're talking team, if I need to name one, per Dai's request, let's suggest that Cedric Kipre is better than Anthony Gerrard (39 appearances in the season I quoted)

Who was Left Wing that season? Probably Mark Kennedy with a bit of Tony Capaldi thrown in? Neither of those scored in 120+ City games, but I'm sure Dai would swap neither for O'Dowda :hehe:

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
See below: -

If we're talking team, if I need to name one, per Dai's request, let's suggest that Cedric Kipre is better than Anthony Gerrard (39 appearances in the season I quoted)

Who was Left Wing that season? Probably Mark Kennedy with a bit of Tony Capaldi thrown in? Neither of those scored in 120+ City games, but I'm sure Dai would swap neither for O'Dowda :hehe:
Football has never been his strong point

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

The only person getting their knickers in a twist over O’Dowda is you.

Is he the next Ronaldinho or the next Whitts?
No of course not.

Is this the best city team we’ve ever seen?
No of course not.

All anyone is doing is countering your opinion that he’s “dross” and wondering why you’re singling him out for criticism when, to anyone who’s actually been to a game this season would say, he’s been one of our better players and currently is our top scorer.

We’ve played some attractive football so far, if we had a half decent striker we’d be in the playoff places imho

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now