❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ PHILLIPS
Reaction score
Reactions
82,831 2,433 232
Credits
Thought I'd start a thread to keep an eye on the developments of the development teams, so to speak.

pjs7lHL.jpg

Good result and some nice goal the other day vs Colchester U23s

QM Redux

Ballon d'Or Winner
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,153 104 289
Credits
Yeah, some decent players there.
Davis I think ha a bright future up front.
Ratcliffe is our #3 keeper now with Day on his way out permanently.
Bowen and Patten work well together in midfield.
Colwill looks to be a nice dribbler.
Bodenham seems a solid no-nonsense CD.
Waite seems to be being converted to LWB, which is a surprise but he's done well in the role.

I don't see them all progressing to the first team squad but some will.If they see Waite as a LWB then I can't see his future with us - Bennett and Bagan will rightly be ahead of him. He needs to be an atttacknig midfield / number 10 role.

Wavey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
7,271 732 31
Credits
Yeah, some decent players there.
Davis I think ha a bright future up front.
Ratcliffe is our #3 keeper now with Day on his way out permanently.
Bowen and Patten work well together in midfield.
Colwill looks to be a nice dribbler.
Bodenham seems a solid no-nonsense CD.
Waite seems to be being converted to LWB, which is a surprise but he's done well in the role.

I don't see them all progressing to the first team squad but some will.If they see Waite as a LWB then I can't see his future with us - Bennett and Bagan will rightly be ahead of him. He needs to be an atttacknig midfield / number 10 role.
Isn't Bennett's contract up in the summer?

Jimmytaff

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
5,692 737 693
Credits
Colwill looks a talent.

What I've seen recently looks better than I've seen in the past but I remember the u23s doing very well not that long ago. Is there anyone who watches them regularly who can say if things are going in the right direction and if David Hughes is having a positive impact?

QM Redux

Ballon d'Or Winner
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,153 104 289
Credits
Colwill looks a talent.

What I've seen recently looks better than I've seen in the past but I remember the u23s doing very well not that long ago. Is there anyone who watches them regularly who can say if things are going in the right direction and if David Hughes is having a positive impact?
He does.

It's improved in that the same formation is being used, obviously you're going to get minor differences due to requirements against opponents, as the first team, namely 3 at the back. We seem to have established a core of players rather than padding out with trialists too, which helps. From memory, a number are training with the first team, Sang, Bagan etc so some of the lessons they learn are I guess rubbing off on the others.

We've seen a number in and around the first team squad so there's more of a pathway these days, maybe down to Hughes, maybe just circumstances. If we don't go up we lose parachute payments meaning a nice gap in the finances, so I can see a number featuring next season as a consequence.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions