⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Thought I'd start a thread to keep an eye on the developments of the development teams, so to speak.

b0zxIj3.png

Good result and some nice goal the other day vs Colchester U23s

Last edited:

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Yeah, some decent players there.
Davis I think ha a bright future up front.
Ratcliffe is our #3 keeper now with Day on his way out permanently.
Bowen and Patten work well together in midfield.
Colwill looks to be a nice dribbler.
Bodenham seems a solid no-nonsense CD.
Waite seems to be being converted to LWB, which is a surprise but he's done well in the role.

I don't see them all progressing to the first team squad but some will.If they see Waite as a LWB then I can't see his future with us - Bennett and Bagan will rightly be ahead of him. He needs to be an atttacknig midfield / number 10 role.

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Yeah, some decent players there.
Davis I think ha a bright future up front.
Ratcliffe is our #3 keeper now with Day on his way out permanently.
Bowen and Patten work well together in midfield.
Colwill looks to be a nice dribbler.
Bodenham seems a solid no-nonsense CD.
Waite seems to be being converted to LWB, which is a surprise but he's done well in the role.

I don't see them all progressing to the first team squad but some will.If they see Waite as a LWB then I can't see his future with us - Bennett and Bagan will rightly be ahead of him. He needs to be an atttacknig midfield / number 10 role.

Isn't Bennett's contract up in the summer?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Colwill looks a talent.

What I've seen recently looks better than I've seen in the past but I remember the u23s doing very well not that long ago. Is there anyone who watches them regularly who can say if things are going in the right direction and if David Hughes is having a positive impact?

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Colwill looks a talent.

What I've seen recently looks better than I've seen in the past but I remember the u23s doing very well not that long ago. Is there anyone who watches them regularly who can say if things are going in the right direction and if David Hughes is having a positive impact?

He does.

It's improved in that the same formation is being used, obviously you're going to get minor differences due to requirements against opponents, as the first team, namely 3 at the back. We seem to have established a core of players rather than padding out with trialists too, which helps. From memory, a number are training with the first team, Sang, Bagan etc so some of the lessons they learn are I guess rubbing off on the others.

We've seen a number in and around the first team squad so there's more of a pathway these days, maybe down to Hughes, maybe just circumstances. If we don't go up we lose parachute payments meaning a nice gap in the finances, so I can see a number featuring next season as a consequence.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Cardiff_City_FC_logo_(2008-2012).png

About time we had a deducated thread that keeps us informed on the progress of our younger players at the Club
:thumbup::warnock::aya:

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Current league positions

Screenshot_20210319-201246_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210319-201322_Samsung Internet.jpg

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits

Martin John

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Feels like there’s some real talent coming through for the first time in forever. Evans, Patten, Bowen, Radcliffe, Mayembe etc could all potentially breakthrough over the next few years, along with Bagan/Sang/Colwill it’s looking like the future is bright.

the other bob wilson

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
At the start and end of each season, there are fixtures against Northern teams most weeks, the Under 18s are at home to Hull today at 11 o clock and the Under 23s go to Birmingham on Monday for a 2 o clock kick off match. Both teams are in a similar position to the senior side in that they are outsiders for a Play Off place (they have to finish in the top two of their leagues to qualify).

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
It’s good to see more people taking an interest in the age group teams recently. Surely a result of the players that have broken through to the first team, and the resulting improvement in results. Hopefully it continues and we’ll see a few more people turn up to the U23s games when we’re able to.

Dicky Davies

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits
James Waite played full game for Waterford last night and nearly marked his debut with a goal, going close with a free-kick. The game was also manager Kevin Sheedy' s first in charge of the club. They lost 1-0 to Drogheda, an own goal from Swans loanee Cameron Evans!

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I wish we could go back to that badge, growing up and supporting the city during that time has a nostalgia feeling to it.
It's a great badge - a proper Welsh Dragon and a daffodil and I like the footballs and the nick name on the badge. The new badge is ok and I'm not grumbling after the beer mat badge but I'm guessing a significant majority of City fans would rather swap back.

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Anyone know how Sion Spence is getting on at Palace?

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now