Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2022 ↯
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
World Cup Sweeps 2022
Credits
Sabri had a task to keep us up. He did that. That much is black & white.

We can speculate what might have happened in our last two games had we not been safe. We can speculate where Reading would have been in the table had they not broken the rules.
Ultimately, he did the job he came here to do, so he was a success.

It is fair to say he didn't pull up any trees. We did scrape through by the skin of our teeth. So it might be reasonable for the board to decide to take a new direction for next season. After all, he only had a short contract. But the board have no idea of their direction. We've been safe since the end of April, but we've only decided this week that we're not keeping him. Why not have the conversation with him after the Rotherham game? If visions didn't align, we could have had 3 weeks of lining up a new management team. Instead, we're back to square one, again.

It's amateurish and embarrassing.
On the money. We re not complaining the Sabri was not kept on. That is obviously the choice of VT.
The Trust is quick to have a swipe at the club for lack of direction, football nuance or whatever, but I don't see any credit being given for going out and getting Sabri when he was exactly what was needed last season.

For whatever reason, that relationship isn't being carried into next season and that may well be because of the embargo or the danger of a FFP breach if Tan was able to loosen the purse strings.

Quite rightly, City should be playing their cards close to their chest at this point and if the Trust is being fobbed off and batted back and forth between Dalman and Choo, then perhaps they should take the hint that they are not so important to the club as they would like to believe that they are.

As I said above, the Trust only represents a small proportion of City fans.
I know you don't like us @TDA and that is your choice. But you do come across a bit snobby towards fans groups (trust in this case) that just ask questions of our club's hierarchy. Can i ask, what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? The trust is not always sniping at the club either. We also do a lot in conjunction with the club. But we are not afraid to ask the hard and difficult questions. Just the other day, people on twitter and other platforms were slating us for not saying anything about the lack of direction. Now we have you slating us for asking the club for some answers. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Yes you may be correct in the fact that we represent only a fraction of fans, in a membership sense. But at least we have a go.
SJB

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
On the money. We re not complaining the Sabri was not kept on. That is obviously the choice of VT.

I know you don't like us @TDA and that is your choice. But you do come across a bit snobby towards fans groups (trust in this case) that just ask questions of our club's hierarchy. Can i ask, what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? The trust is not always sniping at the club either. We also do a lot in conjunction with the club. But we are not afraid to ask the hard and difficult questions. Just the other day, people on twitter and other platforms were slating us for not saying anything about the lack of direction. Now we have you slating us for asking the club for some answers. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Yes you may be correct in the fact that we represent only a fraction of fans, in a membership sense. But at least we have a go.
SJB
The Trust clearly fulfils an important role and appears to do excellent work, particularly in the community.

Personally I couldn't give a tuppeny toss what is posted on social media generally and certainly wouldn't be influenced by it. I am of a different generation (call me a dinosaur if you like) but I find the whole "tail trying to wag the dog" movement a bit bizarre.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits

SJB
Jacks offered help with the Trust, rejected.

Trust has been running how long and you still acknowledge it's only a fraction of fans - given the number of members and more importantly, members gained and retained each year don't seem to be listed pprominently on the website, it's therefore legitimate to question exactly what the percentage of the fanbase it is.

As it's almost certainly an incredibly insignificant percentage, there's no mandate from the wider fanbase, which is why the Trust operates for and on behalf of it's members only.

Trust has a go? How so and to what effect?

The Trust membership is stagnant, given the board membership makeup, it's a highly selective group with the vast majority of members apathetic, subscribing to look as if they are great fans... a wonderful diversity policy yet the board is full of pale, stale, males.

There's no fixed term board policy, something you'd expect a vibrant Trust to have,this being the closest. "Members will be ineligible to stand for election to the Board if they :- a Have been a member of the CCST Board for 12 consecutive years". Apart from half of them looing like they don't have 12 years left on this planet, what is to stop someone standing for 11 years, winning as nobody else does, taing a year off then returning the next year?

Nifield, former journalist states "I believe through my work in the media as a newspaper journalist and later as a Press Officer means I can make a strong contribution to spreading the message of the Trust to as wide an audience as possible.". Given the policy of Trust communication to the masses, which could increase membership, relies oncopies of emails sent out being put on Comb and other sites, great job.

Having a go? Name one concrete achievement of note. A statue? The Trust was setup far too late to have any relevance whatsoever. Jacks were able to raise funds and buy into the club in the first instance - albeit their current Trust board shafted fans.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Fuck up Pointy

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

SJB
@TDA wants a deadline of 24 hours :hehe:

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits

I know you don't like us @TDA and that is your choice. But you do come across a bit snobby towards fans groups (trust in this case) that just ask questions of our club's hierarchy. Can i ask, what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? The trust is not always sniping at the club either. We also do a lot in conjunction with the club. But we are not afraid to ask the hard and difficult questions. Just the other day, people on twitter and other platforms were slating us for not saying anything about the lack of direction. Now we have you slating us for asking the club for some answers. Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Yes you may be correct in the fact that we represent only a fraction of fans, in a membership sense. But at least we have a go.
SJB
If you are a representative of and speak for the trust, then calling TDA snobby is not exactly gonna endear yourselves to the wider audience is it.
And as you have now done that I'll answer your question regarding
- " what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? "
I tell you what they should do... go to game or don't go to game. Vote with your pay check.
This modern day world where everyone thinks they're entitled to know the inner sanctum workings of (in this case) the club is a laughable
Get the trust to Email Tan and buy his millions of shares then and perhaps you'll get the mandate you want
Fucking calling @TDA snobby my fucking arse. That man has probably spent and worked more hours watching Cardiff city than any of us could even think of.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
If you are a representative of and speak for the trust, then calling TDA snobby is not exactly gonna endear yourselves to the wider audience is it.
And as you have now done that I'll answer your question regarding
- " what do you suggest fans do when they are not happy with the way our club is run? "
I tell you what they should do... go to game or don't go to game. Vote with your pay check.
This modern day world where everyone thinks they're entitled to know the inner sanctum workings of (in this case) the club is a laughable
Get the trust to Email Tan and buy his millions of shares then and perhaps you'll get the mandate you want
Fucking calling @TDA snobby my fucking arse. That man has probably spent and worked more hours watching Cardiff city than any of us could even think of.
gary wtf GIF

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits

Agreed on this one. Not on the anti-Trust stuff. That serves a purpose.

But, it always narks me when fans complain £35 a ticket at Sheff Wed. If people stop going, they have to reduce the price. "Don't like that the club is in red", Tan only reversed that when crowds were dropping.

Football clubs get away with a lot of this stuff because fans let them. But, stopping going means the club use the emotions "We will have to sell our star striker", "We can't afford a star striker". If the club is making bad decisions, and gets 17,000 fans a game, the club are not going to know that those decisions are not liked by the fans.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

But, it always narks me when fans complain £35 a ticket at Sheff Wed. If people stop going, they have to reduce the price. "Don't like that the club is in red", Tan only reversed that when crowds were dropping.

Football clubs get away with a lot of this stuff because fans let them. But, stopping going means the club use the emotions "We will have to sell our star striker", "We can't afford a star striker". If the club is making bad decisions, and gets 17,000 fans a game, the club are not going to know that those decisions are not liked by the fans.
No excuses for us then really.

We haven’t got a star striker and we certainly can’t afford one.

You’re right though - the only way to make a statement is to either stop going or go and protest. Trouble is not going involves giving up one of the things you love ( escaping from the missus for a bit, watching football, hopefully having a good time, getting pissed, etc.) That just leaves protesting which is a bit pointless when the bloke in charge is thousands of miles away and can’t be arsed showing his face anymore because he doesn’t give a shit.

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

"Tan only reversed that when crowds were dropping" that's not true imo it was the fact that people kicked up a fuss and made they feelings well known, I personally don't get the idea well of you don't like it don't go, why should you lose out to something you enjoy because some twat is ruining the thing you've loved and dedicated your life too long before he came and long after he's gone, people should be filling that stadium and making sure everyone knows their feelings imo

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
"Tan only reversed that when crowds were dropping" that's not true imo it was the fact that people kicked up a fuss and made they feelings well known, I personally don't get the idea well of you don't like it don't go, why should you lose out to something you enjoy because some twat is ruining the thing you've loved and dedicated your life too long before he came and long after he's gone, people should be filling that stadium and making sure everyone knows their feelings imo

Nah, people were kicking up a fuss from the start. There were protests on the opening day of the PL season, but he just said "So what if we lose 25% of our fan base". When he could see he was losing more than 50% he had to act. If the club stayed in the PL, sold out 33,000 every week and all the fans were chanting "We'll always be blue", we'd still be in red.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Exactly, I fucking hated the rebrand but my attitude was I wasn't going to let a mad dictator stop me watching my team.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥