⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
The Wales winger produced a stunning performance for Cardiff City on Saturday - but could he really break into Jurgen Klopp's plans?

Cardiff City's win over Birmingham City may well have been a dead rubber for the Bluebirds, but Harry Wilson still has plenty of reason to keep his foot on the gas over the coming months.

Wilson's scintillating hat-trick at St Andrew's was, as if we needed it, a wonderful demonstration of the sort of quality he possesses - quality which should surely see him strutting his stuff in the top flight next term.

Cardiff's failure to get into the top six means that Wilson's time has perhaps been assessed a little unfairly at times, but there's no question that his departure will leave McCarthy with a big creative hole to fill this summer.

From Wilson's point of view, it's all about what happens next.

Even without a Euro 2020 campaign with Wales, the winger is approaching a potentially pivotal point in his career.

3JCmsSo.jpg

After successful stints at Bournemouth, Hull City and Derby County, Wilson is now keen on finding a permanent home.

If you're feeling a sense of déjà vu, it's fully understandable.

Let's not forget, a loan move was initially ruled out last summer, with Liverpool instead seemingly keen on cashing in on the Welshman.

But, despite interest from several Premier League sides, the £20million price tag clearly proved problematic, and was ultimately the reason why a move to Burnley fell by the wayside.

Fast forward to now, and it seems we're at the same place again.

Reports back in February suggested Wilson was one of five players set to be sold this summer to help finance a rebuild of Klopp's side, whose meek surrender of their Premier League title has sparked a fair amount of soul searching on Merseyside.

Putting your hand up in the way Wilson has in recent weeks can only be a good thing in that sort of environment, but Liverpool are yet to show their hand on the Welshman's future.

Sources have told WalesOnline that nothing has yet been decided, although an exit is still considered likely.

Nevertheless, there's also an acceptance that if the Reds are to cash in on the winger, they may need to lower their valuation of the player.

There has already been initial interest in taking Wilson on, both from the Premier League and Championship, but Wilson's next move will largely be down to Liverpool.

With two years left on his current deal, the outgoing champions seem to be in a fairly decent position when it comes to naming their price, but given how last summer panned out, there's a sense they may need to be a little more realistic in their valuation.

Once again, there appears to be little enthusiasm for another loan move, although his move to Cardiff shows just how quickly that stance can change under certain circumstances.

However, Wilson's excellent showing at the weekend has surely given Klopp food for thought, and his refusal to close the door on a stay at Liverpool perhaps suggests a departure isn't quite as inevitable as it may have previously been thought.

"I feel I'm good enough to be in that squad," Wilson said.

"I'd like to think I could go in there and add something different.

"It's always been my aim to get into the Liverpool team and play for the club I've been at since I was eight. But you know the quality Liverpool have got, the famous front three [Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane]."

McCarthy has echoed those comments, but even after Saturday's masterclass, it's difficult to see how Wilson breaks into that first XI.

Many could make the point that he would add some much-needed depth to Klopp's forward options, which admittedly do look a tad thin outside that frightening front three, and have often been at the forefront of discussions over Liverpool's shortcomings.

Wilson would, of course, like regular first-team football, but to be given a real meaningful chance to break through at a club he clearly loves would perhaps hold some appeal, even if it comes with the risk of sitting on the bench for a while.

The 24-year-old has previously found himself on the receiving end of praise from Klopp, particularly after producing a promising performance in the Carabao Cup tie against Arsenal.

But, on the flipside, the struggles of forwards like Takumi Minamino for game time show just how difficult it is to make a mark on that team, while transfer gossip around players like Fiorentina's Dusan Vlahovic suggests Klopp may well be looking elsewhere for further forward options.

Even so, Saturday will have surely done Wilson's chances of impressing the Reds boss no harm at all.

Cymro84

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🏅 BINGO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I can’t see any way that he gets anywhere near their first team squad. Surely he’s at the age where he needs to be playing every week and a move away would be the best for both parties.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
I can’t see any way that he gets anywhere near their first team squad. Surely he’s at the age where he needs to be playing every week and a move away would be the best for both parties.

No good for him, or Wales, to have him warming the bench for Liverpool reserves. He needs a permanent move, and I think he needs to step into the Championship.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
He's talented but he'll be no more than a fringe player for the Scousers. The next move will be a big one for him. I think he should target a middling Prem team

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
He wasn't that good at Bournemouth - only 3 times in the Prem did he play a full 90 minutes, only started 20 games.

At his best, he's top end Championship. Liverpool as usual will be hoping a Prem team take a punt on one of their overpriced players.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
He should go to a Championship club, preferably a Welsh one. A club that finished just outside the playoffs this season.

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
He should go to a Championship club, preferably a Welsh one. A club that finished just outside the playoffs this season.

said tongue in cheek but in reality we are probably one of the best fits for him

I think we can have a real go next season and if he is going to make it in the prem, it would serve him well to go up with a team where he has developed a definitive role and understanding at the club

as always with these things however, money becomes the major issue

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits

And definitely not one that made the playoffs despite being shit, with the ugliest manager ever in football history...

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
:hehe:

Usual pile of shit from Wales Online.

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
He’ll never play for Liverpool again.
Mediocre for us this season, with this match his only outstanding performance.
He’s clearly very talented but frustratingly inconsistent.
Could also do with bulking up a bit, he has the physique of a child and spends too much time on the floor.

Cymro84

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🏅 BINGO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
He’ll never play for Liverpool again.
Mediocre for us this season, with this match his only outstanding performance.
He’s clearly very talented but frustratingly inconsistent.
Could also do with bulking up a bit, he has the physique of a child and spends too much time on the floor.
I’ve noticed a petulance to his game that I really don’t like as well.

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
He’ll cost way too much for what you get unless Liverpool are going to drop their demands a bit. Blows hot and cold. For 20m you want some consistency.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits

Absolutely spot on. It's delusional to think that he may figure in Klopp's rebuilding plans. He would be better off staying with us and forcing himself into the shop window by pure determination and application.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now