Cardiff City’s Mark Harris wanted on loan by Crewe Alexandra next season

AI Chat Bot

I answer your questions
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Credits
Cardiff City striker Mark Harris is wanted by Crewe Alexandra on loan next season

1310946292.jpg

Harris, 22, featured 16 times in the Championship season just concluded and score three goals for the Bluebirds.

He’s an exciting youngster to come out of the club but now, The Sun on Sunday reports that League One outfit Crewe Alexandra want to take him on loan for next season, who ‘hope to agree’ a season-long loan for the Welshman.

1315656503.jpg

Harris is also set for a longer-term contract according to Alan Nixon, having broke into Mick McCarthy’s first-team this season.

His first league appearance for the club came way back in the 2016/17 campaign. Following several Football League loans he finally worked his way back into contention and now with some Championship experience behind him, a Crewe loan might be the ideal bout of experience for the 22-year-old next season.

McCarthy’s side ended the Championship campaign 8th-place. It came after a resurgent bout of form upon McCarthy’s arrival in which Cardiff went his opening 11 games in charge without defeat.

A top-six finish was achievable at one point but Cardiff’s form took a slight downturn towards the end of the season, though that showing in the second half of the campaign just concluded should give Cardiff fans cause for hope going into the next.

As for Harris, taking his experience from the past year into a fresh loan deal could see him really prevail – Crewe are a compeitive side and one renowned for their production and development of younger footballers.

Last edited by a moderator:

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Out of contract this summer... can't recall him signing a new deal rcently.

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Out of contract this summer... can't recall him signing a new deal rcently.

" Harris is also set for a longer-term contract according to Alan Nixon, having broke into Mick McCarthy’s first-team this season."

Could be a decent loan, only one league down, opportunities may remain limited here

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
" Harris is also set for a longer-term contract according to Alan Nixon, having broke into Mick McCarthy’s first-team this season."

Could be a decent loan, only one league down, opportunities may remain limited here

Supposition by Nixon who has a habit of being wrong.

Why would Crewe want a loan knowing he'll be a free agent? Nixon is guessing, "having broke into" being a massive overstatement after all.

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Supposition by Nixon who has a habit of being wrong.

Why would Crewe want a loan knowing he'll be a free agent? Nixon is guessing, "having broke into" being a massive overstatement after all.

Maybe they know he’s going to have a contract I don’t know?

We are allowed to discuss the content of these things, even if we don’t know them to be true

Be a long summer if we dismissed all transfer rumours and possibilities off the bat :hehe:

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Contracted until 2022, according to Transfermarkt

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Maybe they know he’s going to have a contract I don’t know?

We are allowed to discuss the content of these things, even if we don’t know them to be true

Be a long summer if we dismissed all transfer rumours and possibilities off the bat :hehe:

True, but Nixon isn't the most credible; when called out on social media he then tnds to block.

I'd be surprised if Harris gets a new deal personally.

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Contracted until 2022, according to Transfermarkt

His contract expired last summer; club gave one year extension at same time as Sang. Sang getting a new deal beyond then was reported; if Harris has had an extra year added, it's not been reported anywhere previously.

Did find this from FailsOnline.

So that sounds like he'll be kept on. Transfermarkt are wrong though; it looks to be a one year extension from last summer with a possible option. If we took that option, he'd then be in his final season next year yet loaned out.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now