Cardiff close to lockdown???

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Might work in remote locations, but easier and quicker to go to the local supermarket for me.

Indeed, most would. I'd say though some people would be happy to support their local - I'd hate for mine to go under only for crappy chains to survive.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Indeed, most would. I'd say though some people would be happy to support their local - I'd hate for mine to go under only for crappy chains to survive.
I have four pubs within walking distance

Brains
Marston's
Sizzling
Mitchells & Butlers

The chains are already here

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Mrs has just got home, she nipped into Sainsbury's for some dog biscuits on the way home.

Carnage apparently

People are so fucking stupid it's unbelievable

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Mrs has just got home, she nipped into Sainsbury's for some dog biscuits on the way home.

Carnage apparently

People are so f**king stupid it's unbelievable

carnage, In Sainsbury’s? Why?

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Glad they're on top of it this time around.

Why are people such morons?

When media and certain politicians push it as almost an apocalypse scenario, then people react accordingly. People are panicing because people have been encouraged to panic for the most part.

When we go shopping, do we buy a little bit more than normal? Sure. Don't clear the store though.

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
People panic buying caviar, fois gras and cristal champage

Screenshot_20200925_165205.jpg

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
When media and certain politicians push it as almost an apocalypse scenario, then people react accordingly. People are panicing because people have been encouraged to panic for the most part.

When we go shopping, do we buy a little bit more than normal? Sure. Don't clear the store though.

Someone hasn't tried sainsbury's caviar

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
At least when I go to the pub with my mate he gets a round in, no fecking chance of that if I take the Mrs instead.

Seriously though, if only members of the same household can go to the pub, are the pubs going to bother to stay open anyway?

I've never really fancied going to a pub with someone I live with. If I go out, it's for a meal, and arranging a meal has become a major ball ache of late, so I haven't bothered even with that. If me and someone I live with are gonna get drunk, we'll do it in the house where it's cheaper, and my dance moves are better appreciated.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits

I went to Asda earlier, and the only toilet rolls left were the 4 pack ones. I usually buy the 24 pack and it sees me through for a long time. Can't understand the mad rush to get toilet rolls, and all I can think is people see the shelves getting emptier and act that way.

I remember reading a really cool story about someone nipping out to get some mozzarella last March, and coming home with loads of pasta, rice, and toilet rolls. The person who recanted this story has lots of material. I liked his recollection of a gun hold-up in Liege, followed quickly by another one.

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
I've never really fancied going to a pub with someone I live with. If I go out, it's for a meal, and arranging a meal has become a major ball ache of late, so I haven't bothered even with that. If me and someone I live with are gonna get drunk, we'll do it in the house where it's cheaper, and my dance moves are better appreciated.

Pubs are no places for wives

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits

And you can choose the tunes. I love turning my house into a pub. Chuck the kids pool table up, hang my dartboard on the wall, game of killer, chuck on a bit of pub rock, Dr Feelgood, The Faces that sort of thing, bish - fackin - bosh, the Covid Arms is open for business gents.

:beer:

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
Pubs are no places for wives

I'm not married. Thank God. Bet there is a pub loving married man somewhere wanting to swap positions with me.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
And you can choose the tunes. I love turning my house into a pub. Chuck the kids pool table up, hang my dartboard on the wall, game of killer, chuck on a bit of pub rock, Dr Feelgood, The Faces that sort of thing, bish - fackin - bosh, the Covid Arms is open for business gents.

:beer:

You reminded me. we used to go to the Cornwall before games, me my dad and my uncle. My uncle would drink up his last pint, chuck some money in the jukebox, pick "Wild Thing" to play 3 times, and we would then leave.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
You reminded me. we used to go to the Cornwall before games, me my dad and my uncle. My uncle would drink up his last pint, chuck some money in the jukebox, pick "Wild Thing" to play 3 times, and we would then leave.

ahh that old chestnut. A boozer I used to go in down in Hampshire while lodging with work had a jukebox that was 7 songs for £1.

Every time me and my mate left to go to another pub we used to put a quids worth of Freebird or Bohemian Rhapsody or on.

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
I went to Asda earlier, and the only toilet rolls left were the 4 pack ones. I usually buy the 24 pack and it sees me through for a long time. Can't understand the mad rush to get toilet rolls, and all I can think is people see the shelves getting emptier and act that way.

I remember reading a really cool story about someone nipping out to get some mozzarella last March, and coming home with loads of pasta, rice, and toilet rolls. The person who recanted this story has lots of material. I liked his recollection of a gun hold-up in Liege, followed quickly by another one.

Whoever you're on about sounds interesting.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now