🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
WhTs sub judice mean TEEDS

It's Latin, basically under judicial consideration (The Old bill are investigating an alleged crime) which means it can't be discussed.

Think that's what Tommy Robinson went down for

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
WhTs sub judice mean TEEDS
Think it literally means under justice and in practice means you can't talk about something if it's under criminal investigation or in court

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
fightclub.jpg

Bit rushed this one.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Something or nothing but just found this on the wurzels forum

There’s a Connor Laing in the court listings at Cardiff. He appeared yesterday. If you type Connor Laing into Facebook, the first hit is Connor Mendez Laing who says that he works at Cardiff City FC.

Might be something. Might be nothing.

:sherlock:

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
If this is the case, where is the 'breach of contract? IMO' If an employee commits a crime he is not necessarily in breach of contract. Not turning up for games and or training because of that is the 'breach'. He may have turned up late for pre season and repeatedly failed fitness tests, which would see him in breach of contract. The fact that a crime has been committed by the player, serious or not may not be the redon for dismissal. Just a thought.
SJB

I would guess that committing a crime (if that’s what he’s done) would be seen as bringing the club into disrepute and could constitute gross misconduct. The players may have something like that written into their contracts.

The player contracts almost certainly would be voidable where a criminal act or gross misconduct has occurred. It might be at the discretion of the club, as seen with the differing treatment of Richard Keogh and Tom Lawrence at Derby, but the clause will be in there somewhere.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
According to the hoolie board.....

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has released the following statement:

"Following on from the announcement that I have left Cardiff City FC, I would like to place on record my thanks to the fans for the support they have shown me over the past three years.

"I will be making no further comment at this time."

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits

"Following on from the announcement that I have left Cardiff City FC, I would like to place on record my thanks to the fans for the support they have shown me over the past three years.

It's been picked up from there and put on walesonline

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits

Well that explains everything

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Nathaniel Mendez-Laing issues brief statement after shock Cardiff City announcement

0_CDF_040519_CF_Cardiff_v_Palace_035JPG.jpg

Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has thanked Cardiff City fans for their support after his three-year stint at the club was brought to an abrupt end.

City announced the shock sacking of their star winger on Wednesday, but declined to explain the reasoning behind the decision.

WalesOnline has since learned the move was due to an alleged breach of contract with the club.

Mendez-Laing 's departure has sent shockwaves throughout the club just days before their Championship season opener with Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday.

The 28-year old was a popular figure with fans, having been a part of the Cardiff City side which won promotion to the Premier League back in 2018.

The player's representatives, Fifteen Eleven Management, have since released the following statement on his behalf.

"Following on from [Wednesday's] announcement that I have left Cardiff City FC, I would like to place on record my thanks to the fans for the support they have shown me over the past three years", he said.

WOL link - Nathaniel Mendez-Laing issues statement after shock Cardiff City announcement - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nathaniel-mendezlaing-statement-cardiff-breaking-18909704

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Drugs prove you get massive cupboard shoulders.
Stay away kids

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
How many players

How many players have we paid out their contacts for them to leave since Tan came in? That's not sustainable for any club at championship level. I did say that Tan has backed us. But one has to question the fact that players who have been brought in on big wages and decent transfer fees have been bought out of their contracts rather then being able to get some sort of transfer fee back for them.

Most clubs runs on a model where they sell players on for a profit we only really seem to sell players at a loss or for nothing without the few exceptions such as the Zohore case.

Another example is Etheridge we could of got around £10 million for him last season or close to that, now we are haggling to get just a £1 million for him 12 months on.

To get a transfer fee back for a player, you need to have a buyer. If nobody wants to buy a player what do you do? Offer a lump sum which is usually less than the overall salary to get them to go and find a club for themselves. Means still take a hit on the wages but less than if they waited contract out.

Etheridge? Before Smithies took over, anyone saying he should be sold would've been lynched... Mid season, Day had been loaned out so selling Etheridge would have left us with no cover.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
The player contracts almost certainly would be voidable where a criminal act or gross misconduct has occurred. It might be at the discretion of the club, as seen with the differing treatment of Richard Keogh and Tom Lawrence at Derby, but the clause will be in there somewhere.

City could have a clause in their contracts that they must not to be in a criminal court case, whether found guilty or not :sherlock:

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Some muppet on the hoolie board...

" With the news about Mendez-Laing i think its more important we keep Etheridge now because we need the quality in the team. "

Yes, I remember Etheridge flying down the wing, using his pace. Mind, given his ability when kicking the ball, there would be no difference in end product...

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now