Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
18,899 276 32
Credits
If your names not Dan you’re not coming in.

Capt.Darling

First Team Regular
Reaction score
Reactions
192 24 1
Credits
No major changes for another 3 weeks !

It's a bit of a pisstake, when they set out these levels, they provided the criteria needed to move between the levels , we are reaching the criteria for level 3 but won't budge ! Why even announce them if they are not going to be used!

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
☘☘☘ 300 PAGER ☘☘☘
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
38,687 1,116 114
Credits

It's a bit of a pisstake, when they set out these levels, they provided the criteria needed to move between the levels , we are reaching the criteria for level 3 but won't budge ! Why even announce them if they are not going to be used!
I know. It's all a bit shit, I was hoping that I'd be able to start playing the sport that cannot be mentioned again, but it's pissing down anyway.
I could murder a pint and a curry, but these are first world problems compared with what many people are going through with their livelihoods being affected.

I just hope that this is a case of lessons learnt from the last lockdown and will be a staggered return to normal and stay normal rather than having to go back into lockdown a couple of months later

Cymro84

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,645 378 3
Credits

There’s the key part of your post. We haven’t yet reached the required criteria and any changes would see another increase. Whilst I’m as sick to the back teeth of this as everyone else, with schools already beginning to open more fully from next week there will undoubtedly be another rise in infections. What remains to be seen is whether those increases are manageable or of an “acceptable level”.

Capt.Darling

First Team Regular
Reaction score
Reactions
192 24 1
Credits
I could murder a pint and a curry, but these are first world problems compared with what many people are going through with their livelihoods being affected.

I just hope that this is a case of lessons learnt from the last lockdown and will be a staggered return to normal and stay normal rather than having to go back into lockdown a couple of months later
I kinda agree, I'd love to be able to go out but it isn't my top priority at the moment with everything going on , I'd just like to see family and friends in any setting escpeally living on your own throughout it, it takes its toll .

There’s the key part of your post. We haven’t yet reached the required criteria and any changes would see another increase. Whilst I’m as sick to the back teeth of this as everyone else, with schools already beginning to open more fully from next week there will undoubtedly be another rise in infections. What remains to be seen is whether those increases are manageable or of an “acceptable level”.
According to walesonline , the criteria is

• Confirmed case rate more than 300 cases per 100,000 people over a rolling seven-day average: Case rate is now well below that at 83.7 per 100,000
  • Confirmed case rates for over 60s suggesting rapid growth: The case rate in this category is falling
  • Projection of future case incidence rates over next two weeks anticipating significant rises to more than 500 cases per 100,000 people: The case rate shows no signs of rising currently
  • Test positivity above 10% over seven days: It's now below this figure at 8%
  • A reliable estimate of the R rate at one or above: The most recent estimate from Public Health Wales is that R is around 0.7
  • Health and social care under significant pressure and not sustainable, elective procedures are being cancelled across the board and capacity limits reached or about to be breached: This is still the case

when isn't the NHS under significant pressure and has been sustainable? This isn't a dig at the NHS, far from it , I used to work there there years and understand the pressures .

Given 5 of the 6 conditions have been met(some of the current conditions meet level 2 ) , were the the criterias wrong for each level at the beginning?

Jimmytaff

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
5,690 737 693
Credits
If care home staff refuse to have the vaccine for any reason other than health reasons, they should be instantly dismissed. No warning, no letter, P45 and chucked out.
Problem is they're understaffed, stressed and
I kinda agree, I'd love to be able to go out but it isn't my top priority at the moment with everything going on , I'd just like to see family and friends in any setting escpeally living on your own throughout it, it takes its toll .

• Confirmed case rate more than 300 cases per 100,000 people over a rolling seven-day average: Case rate is now well below that at 83.7 per 100,000
  • Confirmed case rates for over 60s suggesting rapid growth: The case rate in this category is falling
  • Projection of future case incidence rates over next two weeks anticipating significant rises to more than 500 cases per 100,000 people: The case rate shows no signs of rising currently
  • A reliable estimate of the R rate at one or above: The most recent estimate from Public Health Wales is that R is around 0.7
  • Health and social care under significant pressure and not sustainable, elective procedures are being cancelled across the board and capacity limits reached or about to be breached: This is still the case

when isn't the NHS under significant pressure and has been sustainable? This isn't a dig at the NHS, far from it , I used to work there there years and understand the pressures .

Given 5 of the 6 conditions have been met(some of the current conditions meet level 2 ) , were the the criterias wrong for each level at the beginning?
Are you making use of your bubble mate? Hard to choose one person or group of persons but it's a great comfort to have a bit of normality in your life. I'd probably have gone insane or forced into non compliance if bubbles weren't permitted for people who live alone :hehe:

Jimmytaff

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
5,690 737 693
Credits

Are you making use of your bubble mate? Hard to choose one person or group of persons but it's a great comfort to have a bit of normality in your life. I'd probably have gone insane or forced into non compliance if bubbles weren't permitted for people who live alone :hehe:

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👥 GTAM WINNER 👥
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
Reaction score
Reactions
17,417 559 157
Credits
I know. It's all a bit shit, I was hoping that I'd be able to start playing the sport that cannot be mentioned again, but it's pissing down anyway.

Same here and for everyone I guess, but it would be utter madness to throw away all the sacrifices Wales has made to achieve the figures below.

We are consistently lowest of all the UK countries with regards to Covid cases and so we all need to push it a little longer to get over the line.

The future supply of vaccines is a concern however.

Screenshot_20210219_112730.jpg

Capt.Darling

First Team Regular
Reaction score
Reactions
192 24 1
Credits
Yeah , my misses , so I don't know which is worse :hehe:

No, to be fair it has helped , but as we don't live together yet and with work , we only see each other on the weekends at the moment , but it does help. I'd have never have coped without it to be honest .