Cymru World Cup Squad

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
It's all subjective though.

Page has his views, but comparing player X with player Y on talent alone isn't always valid, it's also about squad composition.

Andrew Hughes - left back primarily, can at a pinch play LCB. On that score he'd be behind Ben Davies on talent. Gunter can cover more positions; equally, with his experience, would be a better bet to bring on late in a game if you need to see the game out.

Ollie Cooper has played in half of Swanseas league games, only playing the full 90 minutes in one game; hasn't featured for Wales at senior level at all. It would be a massive reach to include him. Willaims, like Gunter, is someone that can be brought on to close a game out.

Could argue Bale shouldn't be in the squad. Was permanently injured for Real, hasn't played a complete game for LAFC in a weak league.
Of course it's subjective. It's all my opinion, as I've stated several times.

It's just that my opinion happens to be right and everyone else's is wrong on this matter.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Again, on what performance grounds over the past 2-3 years is Bale in the squad? He's a clear example of a sentiment pick. "Used to be great, body broken down, no longer good enough".

Gunter and Williams are at least playing full games.
If you want to argue that... then Bale's performances for Wales put him on the plane. What have Gunter or Williams done in a Wales shirt in the last 4 years?

Subjectively speaking :hehe:

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
If you want to argue that... then Bale's performances for Wales put him on the plane. What have Gunter or Williams done in a Wales shirt in the last 4 years?

Subjectively speaking :hehe:
Gunter and Williams are depth. Bale will be starting.

What has Bale done over the last 2-3 years?

We've plenty of players relying on history. Joe Allen. Bale. Rambo. There are arguments against a hell of a lot of players in that squad. I'm not saying I'd necessarily have picked Gunter or Williams personally, but I can see that when we're beating the Saes 2-1 in the WC final and we need to close the game out, those two can do a decent job of that.

I personally think he's got a decent balance in that squad.

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The simple answer is if Gunter and Jonny Williams' inclusion is important to our main players, and makes the whole squad happier and more harmonious, then it's a no brainer.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Gunter and Williams are depth. Bale will be starting.

What has Bale done over the last 2-3 years?

We've plenty of players relying on history. Joe Allen. Bale. Rambo. There are arguments against a hell of a lot of players in that squad. I'm not saying I'd necessarily have picked Gunter or Williams personally, but I can see that when we're beating the Saes 2-1 in the WC final and we need to close the game out, those two can do a decent job of that.

I personally think he's got a decent balance in that squad.
What has Bale done apart from captain Wales to our first World Cup since 1958? Not sure mate, to be honest.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
The simple answer is if Gunter and Jonny Williams' inclusion is important to our main players, and makes the whole squad happier and more harmonious, then it's a no brainer.
I still think it's ridiculous. Do they get call ups for Euro 2024 despite playing for Afan Lido because we have such a small-time mentality that Wales couldn't possibly function as a unit without the inclusion of Jonny Williams and Chris Gunter?

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
What has Bale done apart from captain Wales to our first World Cup since 1958? Not sure mate, to be honest.
Are you saying he's there on current form? What about international form, when was the last game his quality really stood out, odd flashes aside?

Bale is, let's face it, a spent force. We're hoping he can roll back the years and produce the odd moment of magic in Qatar. It's a sentimental pick, ditto Allen and Rambo, of players that are in the end stages of their careers tempered with the fact we don't have the replacements.

Allen's hamstring has kept him out of the Jacks season but he's going because what are the alternatives? Morrell, Smith, Levitt?

Rambo is probably the most match fit of those three elder statesmen but I'd say it's a close call between him and Wilson.

I hope those three can perform well because they can make an impact but the odds of all three doing so aren't that high imo. We then have a dropoff and a pretty big one.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Are you saying he's there on current form? What about international form, when was the last game his quality really stood out, odd flashes aside?

Bale is, let's face it, a spent force. We're hoping he can roll back the years and produce the odd moment of magic in Qatar. It's a sentimental pick, ditto Allen and Rambo, of players that are in the end stages of their careers tempered with the fact we don't have the replacements.

Allen's hamstring has kept him out of the Jacks season but he's going because what are the alternatives? Morrell, Smith, Levitt?

Rambo is probably the most match fit of those three elder statesmen but I'd say it's a close call between him and Wilson.

I hope those three can perform well because they can make an impact but the odds of all three doing so aren't that high imo. We then have a dropoff and a pretty big one.
I'm saying exactly what I said :hehe:

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits

Just one stat here for you.

Bale has scored 4 goals for Wales in 2022. I'd hardly call that sentimental.

Two key goals against Austria, then the winner against Ukraine. The other one against the Dutch to level at 2-2 and a minute later we were 2-3.

Welsh goalscorers in 2022
Bale 4
Johnson 2
Colwill 1
J Williams 1
Norrington-Davies 1
Moore 1

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
A free-kick 25 yards from goal is almost as good as a penalty with Bale on the pitch.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Just one stat here for you.

Bale has scored 4 goals for Wales in 2022. I'd hardly call that sentimental.

Two key goals against Austria, then the winner against Ukraine. The other one against the Dutch to level at 2-2 and a minute later we were 2-3.

Welsh goalscorers in 2022
Bale 4
Johnson 2
Colwill 1
J Williams 1
Norrington-Davies 1
Moore 1
Are you saying he's there on current form?

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

If you think Rambo is a sentimental pick then maybe you need to flounce off again before you make yourself look even more of a tool.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
Chris Gunter

24 caps since 2018, 13 90 minute appearances. 4 caps, fewer than 10 minutes. 2 of those, 1 minute appearances as we dragged him over the 100 cap level.

He's been a great servant, and has appeared in 2 major final tournaments PLUS THE CHINA CUP FFS.

Johnny Williams

33 caps in 9 years.

After the Euros in 2016, he didn't make the squad for most of 2017-19.

16 caps since 2018, and only once did he play a full 90, a friendly against Belarus in 1990.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Chris Gunter

24 caps since 2018, 13 90 minute appearances. 4 caps, fewer than 10 minutes. 2 of those, 1 minute appearances as we dragged him over the 100 cap level.

He's been a great servant, and has appeared in 2 major final tournaments PLUS THE CHINA CUP FFS.

Johnny Williams

33 caps in 9 years.

After the Euros in 2016, he didn't make the squad for most of 2017-19.

16 caps since 2018, and only once did he play a full 90, a friendly against Belarus in 1990.
Track Running GIF by Valparaiso University

G'wan Ade :hehe:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now