Gareth Bale transfer news Live: Updates as Wales skipper meets with Cardiff City

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Gareth Bale's future took new a twist yesterday with news he visited Cardiff City's Vale of Glamorgan training base.

WalesOnline exclusively revealed the Wales skipper spoke with Bluebirds boss Steve Morison for the first time as speculation swirls over his next move.

The 32-year-old is not short on offers following the expiry of his Real Madrid contract, with multiple clubs putting offers on the table for the attacker but this meeting can only be seen as a positive in the eyes of Cardiff supporters.

Bale is to leave Wales on a second holiday in the coming days but it is understood his future is set to be resolved imminently. MLS clubs, including DC United, have been linked with his signature, as have Premier League trio Newcastle United, Nottingham Forest and former club Tottenham.

Stick with us for live updates today as we appear to be reaching crunch time for Bale, his representatives and Cardiff.

C4EB3E64-B18C-4F2C-A6A1-6EE773ED9BBE.jpeg

A report just in from talkSPORT.

The broadcaster reports the Bluebirds are "actively briefing potential new signings they are confident of signing Gareth Bale".

He would be some draw, mind. Cardiff have already got eight new players in the door this summer, and one would suspect that having Bale on board would attract others to south Wales.

Aaron Ramsey, anyone?

0_GettyImages-1241125374.jpg

Latest Bale odds​

Cardiff are back to being favourites to sign Bale after a slight wobble in the odds earlier in the week, which put any MLS club ahead of the Bluebirds in the running. The below odds are courtesy of bet365 and are correct as of now.

Cardiff - 4/9

Any MLS club - 7/4

Newcastle United - 16/1

Nottingham Forest - 20/1

Tottenham - 25/1

Getafe - 25/1

Time will tell :shrug2:

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
The broadcaster reports the Bluebirds are "actively briefing potential new signings they are confident of signing Gareth Bale".
This will come back to bite us on the arse and make us look very stupid if he doesn’t sign.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
This will come back to bite us on the arse and make us look very stupid if he doesn’t sign.
Spot on, can just imagine the reaction from the Jacks etc

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Don't see that myself if he has had talks then he's paid us the curtousey of listening to what we have to say,if he then decides to play somewhere else,then that's his choice.If his wife and family have decided that Cardiff is to be their home,then that's quite understandable,and he won't be the first player to play miles away from the family home,as far as we know Swansea haven't approached him,and he hasn't spoken to them,if we lost out to them then that would be embarrassing I agree,but if he decides to join any of the other clubs mentioned,could you really blame him?

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
Don't see that myself if he has had talks then he's paid us the curtousey of listening to what we have to say,if he then decides to play somewhere else,then that's his choice.If his wife and family have decided that Cardiff is to be their home,then that's quite understandable,and he won't be the first player to play miles away from the family home,as far as we know Swansea haven't approached him,and he hasn't spoken to them,if we lost out to them then that would be embarrassing I agree,but if he decides to join any of the other clubs mentioned,could you really blame him?

Talksport could be talking bollocks too. Maybe we are not telling potential signings about Gareth Bale.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Agreed.
People confuse his committment and love for Wales, with a non-existent connection to CCFC.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Agreed.
People confuse his committment and love for Wales, with a non-existent connection to CCFC.
There is a connection through his uncle and it being the club of the city he was born and raised in but I agree people do overestimate it.

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
There is a connection through his uncle and it being the club of the city he was born and raised in but I agree people do overestimate it.

You also have to say that if he wants Wales to do very well after he goes, it makes sense to try and elevate a welsh club

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
You also have to say that if he wants Wales to do very well after he goes, it makes sense to try and elevate a welsh club
Especially one where local talent will be given an opportunity :thumbup:

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Don't see it that way, the other option would have been to not try and get him
I think he's talking about the actively briefing potential new recruits they are confident of signing him.

ccfcwelshlad

Club and Country Superstar
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits
IMG-20220623-WA0004.jpg

I find it odd that his agent is giving Wales Online the time of day tbh.

It'll have an agenda. Either a) he's trying to dampen expectations so if this doesn't happen Bale doesn't look like the bad guy or b) he's trying to paint the picture that he's had loads of offers and could go anywhere he wants but he has chosen Cardiff.

Let's hope it's b!

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
IMG-20220623-WA0004.jpg

It'll have an agenda. Either a) he's trying to dampen expectations so if this doesn't happen Bale doesn't look like the bad guy or b) he's trying to paint the picture that he's had loads of offers and could go anywhere he wants but he has chosen Cardiff.

Let's hope it's b!
Gives credence to the rumours that a percentage of the merchandise will be part of the deal

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
IMG-20220623-WA0004.jpg

Let's hope it's b!
Interesting stuff though, confirms that talks are taking place and it's just details in the way of pen on paper. Exciting stuff :warnock:

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Gives credence to the rumours that a percentage of the merchandise will be part of the deal
I’m prepared to go full kit wanker if it gets this over the line

ViewFromAfar

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
The Media have created & run with it ever since GB and SM exchanged pleasantries at the Vale before the Jacks game. They spoke so obviously there must be something more to it, especially if you're a Journo looking for a story...
If CCFC is not for him it will be disappointing for many but may never have been in the equation anyway...he's said fack all one way or the other and could have had other plans all along.
There's a saying regarding counting your chickens etc or turkeys

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
The Media have created & run with it ever since GB and SM exchanged pleasantries at the Vale before the Jacks game. They spoke so obviously there must be something more to it, especially if you're a Journo looking for a story...
If CCFC is not for him it will be disappointing for many but may never have been in the equation anyway...he's said fack all one way or the other and could have had other plans all along.
Don't vote for your chickens before Christmas

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Nothing but conjecture and a few facts that don't necessarily signify anything. Bale and his agent have been canny and kept their cards close to their chest. I don't think he's averse to coming here but don't think he has his heart set on it either. They're going to weigh up offers which is fair enough. I believe he's fully committed to Wales so will do what will get him in the best shape for Qatar. That might be us if he can dictate terms to an extent on when he does and doesn't play.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now