Credits

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Well this has to be the biggest failure of the so called ‘transfer committee’ doesn’t it.

After the criticism that Malky got for the Cornelius deal, perhaps now Tan understands that football transfers are not an exact science.

Cornelius
Paid £7.83m - played 8 goals 0
Sold £3m

Madine
Paid £6.12m - played 26 goals 0
Sold £0

Which is the worse deal?

Bad as each other only difference is one manager gets away with it and the other doesnt.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
You said it was widely reported :shrug2:

It took me 30 seconds to find it.

It will have been reported elsewhere, but, in any event, that was the apparent reason, which was the point I was making

steve davies

Just a misunderstood slap head
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
You said it was widely reported :shrug2:

Salas contract was rejected Because he was getting paid all of his signing on fee up front where the rules state that a signing on fee is spread across the length of the contract

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Salas contract was rejected Because he was getting paid all of his signing on fee up front where the rules state that a signing on fee is spread across the length of the contract
There we go then. As I said initially. Players don’t get massive lumps upfront. So Gary Madine wouldn’t have had a big lump up front in lieu of wages like @TDA suggested. I didn’t know if the rules had changed but when my cousin played for City his signing on fee was spread over course of his contract.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
There we go then. As I said initially. Players don’t get massive lumps upfront. So Gary Madine wouldn’t have had a big lump up front in lieu of wages like @TDA suggested. I didn’t know if the rules had changed but when my cousin played for City his signing on fee was spread over course of his contract.
who's your cousin then? :wink:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
nice to see you back steve :thumbup:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

I didn't say that Madine got all of his signing on fee up front. What I said was he may have been offered an inflated signing on fee as an incentive as a last minute signing at the end of the window. I am sure Sala was too, but he wanted the lot up front. If that had to be spread over the full term of the contract it would still operate as an advance of salary each year, but not be reflected in the weekly wage..

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I didn't say that Madine got all of his signing on fee up front. What I said was he may have been offered an inflated signing on fee as an incentive as a last minute signing at the end of the window. I am sure Sala was too, but he wanted the lot up front. If that had to be spread over the full term of the contract it would still operate as an advance of salary each year, but not be reflected in the weekly wage..
You said if we were desperate as we were with Madine (According to you, I disagree, he was coming in as back up to Big Ken) then we could have given the signing on fee upfront as an incentive. As Steve Davies says, and which I already thought myself, this is not possible.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Love it when witnessing 2 people arguing when neither has any idea of the facts

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁