❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
On my fourth day today. First time I'm really, really tempted!
Have tried vaping. patches, chewing gum etc in the past. Never worked!
Gone cold turkey now.
Any tips?

Goslow

Banned
Ich bin ein fotze
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits
image.jpeg

LORD LLANBRADACH

Banned
Club and Country Superstar
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
Gone cold turkey now.
Any tips?
took me many attempts, but I never gave up on giving up. what worked for me after trying every method, was the slow withdrawal method 5, 4 , 3, 2, 1 after a few weeks of having one each morning I said to myself what’s the point and have never smoked since (10 years) good luck absolute determination is what’s needed :thumbup:

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I was on 80 a day when I successfully packed in years ago (2003) and did it without a single craving via hypnotherapy.

I started back up ironically whilst playing 11 a side football again to get fit in 2011 (post match pints with the lads and a coupla drags led to loan of a fag, then I was buying 10 for a week, then 10 a day, then 20 a day etc).

Been mostly vaping since then, with the odd relapse.

With the relatively low cost, and allegedly harmless nature of it, I can't be arsed giving that up right now.

Good luck though. Best decision any smoker ever makes.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Smoker for about 20 years, switched to a vapouriser a couple of years ago, straight into the smallest "dosage" vape juice (3mg).

At that level it's as close as you can get to quitting without quitting so I still went through a few weeks of withdrawal. Not looked back since though, must have saved a fortune but I'm still poor as shit :hehe:

Mrs Steve R

Sex realist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🔟 PICKEM 10/10 🔟
Credits
I want to give up, been thinking of getting one of those spray things for ages but I need to lose more weight, not sure I can do both at the same time, might end up killing someone :hehe:

ViewFromAfar

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
I've also tried the Patches and Chewing Gum...all to no avail - both fkrs to light (old joke I know).
But to be serious have a word with your GP and ask him/her if they will prescribe Champix - Not just handed out though from what I was told.
I had to go through a referral to a Hospital No Smoking Service recently (last week) which was basically a chat and CO2 level test but fortunately came away with a letter/recommendation to take to GP. The referral and GP letter was probably "helped" by having been diagnosed with C.O.P.D. (Medical Term for being a twat for 40+ years!).
Havnt got the prescription yet due to Bank Holiday and Doc appointment etc so cant comment on whether effective.
You can continue to smoke for a short time (about 2 weeks I think) but you apparently and hopefully lose the cravings during that time.
Here's hoping....and best of luck to you with your mission. :thumbup:

Lord Peter Flint

Rat-ta-tat-ta-tat!!!
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
giphy.gif

You can beat this.

Trust me the cravings will go soon and the health benefits are amazing!!

Good luck and stay strong brother!

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
Just took the dog around the block! Tbh I was out to buy some tobacco. I didn't!
Not that I'm irritable, but, you're all bunch of twats:hehe:

Mrs Steve R

Sex realist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🔟 PICKEM 10/10 🔟
Credits
I've also tried the Patches and Chewing Gum...all to no avail - both fkrs to light (old joke I know).
But to be serious have a word with your GP and ask him/her if they will prescribe Champix - Not just handed out though from what I was told.
I had to go through a referral to a Hospital No Smoking Service recently (last week) which was basically a chat and CO2 level test but fortunately came away with a letter/recommendation to take to GP. The referral and GP letter was probably "helped" by having been diagnosed with C.O.P.D. (Medical Term for being a twat for 40+ years!).
Havnt got the prescription yet due to Bank Holiday and Doc appointment etc so cant comment on whether effective.
You can continue to smoke for a short time (about 2 weeks I think) but you apparently and hopefully lose the cravings during that time.
They sound like what I had years ago, Zyban they were called, took them for 2 weeks and carried on smoking and set a date to stop and I just stopped easily, was off them for a while (couple of years) too until I got pissed as a fart at a concert and decided it would be a good idea to have a fag :nope: I nearly passed out :hehe:

I don't think they would be good for me now because of other health reasons but I'm sure you will do well on them :thumbup:

Nid Dave

Modern day Cassandra
☘ 300 PAGER ☘
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☕ "Pinky Up" Tea Club ☕
Credits
Gone cold turkey now.
Any tips?

I used the fear of gangrene in my legs. A bruise just wasn't healing and the last thing I wanted was a peg leg. My last ciggie was 22/1/2002 when we beat Stoke at NP.

Nid Dave

Modern day Cassandra
☘ 300 PAGER ☘
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☕ "Pinky Up" Tea Club ☕
Credits
I was on 80 a day when I successfully packed in years ago (2003) and did it without a single craving via hypnotherapy.

I started back up ironically whilst playing 11 a side football again to get fit in 2011 (post match pints with the lads and a coupla drags led to loan of a fag, then I was buying 10 for a week, then 10 a day, then 20 a day etc).

Been mostly vaping since then, with the odd relapse.

With the relatively low cost, and allegedly harmless nature of it, I can't be arsed giving that up right now.

Good luck though. Best decision any smoker ever makes.

Tried Hypnotherapy but it didn't work for me. How long was your treatment?

Mrs T

Banned
Wales Regular
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits
Any advice most welcome, defeating depression is using my little brain cells to max.

Smoke got to go, can't do Hypnotherapy though, doesn't work on me

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Good luck to you all trying to give up. My partner is also in the 2nd week of the process of it and she’s on the patches. I feel a bit like the assistant in a knife throwing act atm.

Hilly ap Willie

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
You’ll do it mate. Willpower is everything and you’re a stubborn fucker :hehe::thumbup:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now