⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏃 600 PAGER 🏃
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIE ₡
Reaction score
Reactions
73,467 2,312 223
Credits
Come on Nats, if you know your Welsh history, who was the one and only King of Wales?
Total guess off the top of my head but was it

Gruffudd ap Llywelyn

Historian John Davies stated that Gruffydd was "the only Welsh king ever to rule over the entire territory of Wales... Thus, from about 1057 until his death in 1063, the whole of Wales recognised the kingship of Gruffudd ap Llywelyn.

Gruffydd ap Llywelyn - Wikipedia

Mushy Peas

Wales Regular
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
328 75 27
Credits
The usual 'we don't want change' comments are very predictable and so funny:hehe: farts mun:hehe:

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,990 1,051 108
Credits
Brexit had a groundswell of support and was always a prickly subject. Whereas Welsh independence is a handful of people banging their drum very loudly.
1602621869591.gif

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
The usual 'we don't want change' comments are very predictable and so funny:hehe: farts mun:hehe:
I'm not against change, in fact I'm all for continuous change and development. I've just yet to be convinced there are any economic benefits of being independent.

Imagine being independent of Westminster and Brussels. Tarrifs aplenty, standard of living dropping, no inward investment.

Why would we want that?

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,990 1,051 108
Credits
Not really. The Brexit party was the Tory right wing, as well you know.
One minute you are disparaging Yes Cymru for having a relatively low number of paid up members yet in the next breath dismiss the very same point when applied to the Brexit party.

We have left the EU, despite only a third of the country voting for it.

Who‘s to say the same thing wouldn’t happen in an independence vote?

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
One minute you are disparaging Yes Cymru for having a relatively low number of paid up members yet in the next breath dismiss the very same point when applied to the Brexit party.
I've done no such thing. If you read what I wrote, I said the "Brexit" party were the Tory right wing.

We have left the EU, despite only a third of the country voting for it.
that's how our democracy works. I'd like there to be 100% of the vote, but its not going to happen. however, of those that did vote, the majority voted leave. There is no reason to believe that if we had 100% voting, we'd have a different outcome.

Who‘s to say the same thing wouldn’t happen in an independence vote?
you may be right, why not petition for a vote to take place ASAP and we can see what happens. given the propensity for my countrymen to shoot themselves in the foot (by voting leave the EU), who is to say they also won't vote to leave the UK, a decision which would be even more perplexing.

one final point, we have Plaid, a party that are actively for independence. The fact they very rarely poll more than 10% whereas the UK parties such as Labour, the tories and Libdems poll the rest tells me all i need to know.

Wave_Maker

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
5,943 719 31
Credits
Whilst I agree that the whole is/should be greater than the sum of the parts, the system is well and truly broken. London does what it wants and stuff everyone else (except NI). A few people 'representing' 1.8m of Northern Ireland gets what it wants. 5.5m of Scots get a few bread crumbs in exchange for the revenue of light oil and a bit of gas. Whereas, Wales just has to take what it can from the food caddy left out on the street. There is no union, politically, economically or otherwise.

There is a sea of change. The tide is turning, where people in Wales have started waking up to the reality. Plaid isn't necessarily the answer, but the political landscape is changing here in Wales. So much so, Labour can't believe this is a stronghold for them anymore. Who knows where this journey will take us, but more and more, the people of Wales aren't looking back, but forwards into a future they want a greater say and involvement in. To not recognise this isn't helpful to anyone

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,990 1,051 108
Credits
TH63 said:

I've done no such thing. If you read what I wrote, I said the "Brexit" party were the Tory right wing.
So when you said this, you weren’t being disparaging? Thanks for clearing that one up.

So 0.3% of the population are members. Only another 48.1% to go.

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👥 GTAM WINNER 👥
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
15,595 526 146
Credits

that's how our democracy works. I'd like there to be 100% of the vote, but its not going to happen. however, of those that did vote, the majority voted leave. There is no reason to believe that if we had 100% voting, we'd have a different outcome.

you may be right, why not petition for a vote to take place ASAP and we can see what happens. given the propensity for my countrymen to shoot themselves in the foot (by voting leave the EU), who is to say they also won't vote to leave the UK, a decision which would be even more perplexing.

one final point, we have Plaid, a party that are actively for independence. The fact they very rarely poll more than 10% whereas the UK parties such as Labour, the tories and Libdems poll the rest tells me all i need to know.
That'll be the result of a carefully planned couple of centuries of Unionist brainwashing and propaganda.

And I can see a few on here have been taken in by it. Thankfully the tide is turning.

Although I didn't agree with it by any stretch, the Brexit arguments of taking back control (from Westmonster), getting rid of unelected bureaucrats (Cummings / Dido Harding / Thinktanks / Tory donors etc) and choosing our own laws and taxes, ring true for Welsh Independence.

Welsh Brexit voters should be all over Welsh Indy like a cheap suit.

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
So when you said this, you weren’t being disparaging? Thanks for clearing that one up.
for independence to be a very real possibility, it needs to pass the 50% hurdle. I was merely making a statement of fact. If you wish to interpret facts as being disparaging, fill yer boots.

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
That'll be the result of a carefully planned couple of centuries of Unionist brainwashing and propaganda.
what utter bollocks, thats quite insulting to suggest that those of us who see ourselves as Welsh and British are somehow brainwashed. Brainwashed by whom exactly? In what way have I been brainwashed? I believe in a world of less borders not more, I believe in people not states. How exactly is wishing for a world where nationalism doesn't exist infer I have been brainwashed.

What a conceited and arrogant statement to make.

And I can see a few on here have been taken in by it. Thankfully the tide is turning.
at 0.3% its more of a ripple than a tide

Although I didn't agree with it by any stretch, the Brexit arguments of taking back control (from Westmonster), getting rid of unelected bureaucrats (Cummings / Dido Harding / Thinktanks / Tory donors etc) and choosing our own laws and taxes, ring true for Welsh Independence.

to be clear, you disagree with taking back perceived control in the British context, but agree with it in the Welsh context. you couldn't make this up.

Welsh Brexit voters should be all over Welsh Indy like a cheap suit.
why? they see themselves as British and Welsh. This isn't rocket science, and given this thread is blessed with your outstanding intellect (see your first point above), then surely if us mere mortals can see it, surely you can too. Or is it something only thick uneducated brainwashed people can understand?[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,990 1,051 108
Credits
for independence to be a very real possibility, it needs to pass the 50% hurdle. I was merely making a statement of fact. If you wish to interpret facts as being disparaging, fill yer boots.
I will concede that point if you will similarly concede that in order to vote for independence you don't need to be a fully paid up member of Yes Cymru

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
I will concede that point if you will similarly concede that in order to vote for independence you don't need to be a fully paid up member of Yes Cymru
a case of I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I can't understand why some think Welsh politics is puerile and immature.

however, if it pleases you, yes, it will be possible to vote for independence whilst at the same time not being a paid up member of Yes Cymru.

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
34,990 1,051 108
Credits
a case of I'll show you mine if you show me yours. I can't understand why some think Welsh politics is puerile and immature.

however, if it pleases you, yes, it will be possible to vote for independence whilst at the same time not being a paid up member of Yes Cymru.
Thank you for confirming I was right and you were wrong

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
Thank you for confirming I was right and you were wrong
I'm not sure I follow, but then that's hardly surprising considering I'm one of the lackwit brainwashed. Perhaps you, with what Arfur Europe considers to be your stand out intellect, can explain a bit further. Talk to me as if I'm a child.

Mushy Peas

Wales Regular
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
328 75 27
Credits
The BritNats are quite amusing in this thread. Over 60 countries, many smaller than Wales have gained Independence from Westminster....and they are not forming an orderly queue to come back. Old voters are the only ones clinging onto the farce of a so called 'Union' and younger people are now waking up to the fact that Wales should be and will be Independent. We are an afterthought by Westminster and it's time to move on. ANNIBYNIAETH!!!!

Feedback

Ballon d'Or Winner
💰 FORUM SPONSOR 💰
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
8,866 447 76
Credits
The BritNats are quite amusing in this thread. Over 60 countries, many smaller than Wales have gained Independence from Westminster....and they are not forming an orderly queue to come back. Old voters are the only ones clinging onto the farce of a so called 'Union' and younger people are now waking up to the fact that Wales should be and will be Independent. We are an afterthought by Westminster and it's time to move on. ANNIBYNIAETH!!!!
Just for comparison purposes, how many of these former countries that are now independent share a land border with the UK and have 90% of their economy tied to England?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now