General Football If you could change any rule in football what would it be?

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits
I'd get rid of VAR straight away, if more officials are needed then so be it but VAR is making the game so much worse.

I would also have a "stop the clock" timer so that time wasting would be a thing of the past, no more mystery about how much time will be added on.

lardy

biggest f**king hypocrite on the internet
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Reaction score
Reactions
12,339 16 20
Credits
Definitely VAR. The whole point of it was to clear up arguments and there are more than ever now.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
₡ BOOKIE ₡
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
18,770 11 37
Country
Wales
Credits
Get rid of the offside rule, so you have players goal-hanging like they’re playing for the under 7’s.

Dr. Lecter

World’s Richest Man
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
🤑£ RICHEST MEMBER £🤑
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
43,049 13 301
Country
Wales
Credits
Plenty.

Var can f**k off.

Five match ban for diving.

Yellow card for players picking the ball up and walking off with it to stop the taking of a free kick - it’s replaced kicking the ball away and it needs the same punishment.

Yellow card for players falling over and grabbing the ball to try and force the ref to give a free kick.

Corner kicks to be taken inside the quarter circle bit - it’s there for a reason and you’re not getting an advantage by being a dick and putting it just outside.

Lifetime ban for anyone holding up a sign asking for a players shirt.

A life ban from football for anyone putting their hands over their mouth to speak - you’re a thicko footballer, you’re not passing on state secrets ffs.

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 2 15
Country
Wales
Credits
Free kicks inside the box instead of pens for fouls which don’t directly interfere with a goalscoring opportunity

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
₡ BOOKIE ₡
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
24,252 2 15
Country
Wales
Credits
From the TV side of things, being able to mute the commentators and just listen to the crowds

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits
Free kicks inside the box instead of pens for fouls which don’t directly interfere with a goalscoring opportunity
I'd like to see handballs punished less. When a player has a ball blasted right at him from close range and it hits him on the arm then that should be fine.

And looking at fouls should never be done in slow-motion either.

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,109 74 227
Country
Jamaica
Credits
VAR is fine but needs to be limited a lot more - i think they trialled some much quicker way of doing offsides in the Champs League? Didn't see it but apparently was loads better.

Anyway - i'd keep VAR on that basis but only for offsides (which should be a black and white issue) and off the ball incidents or serious foul play where a red card could be needed. f**k it off for everything else.

Like said already - ref calling time off for subs, "injuries" etc etc would quickly see that kind of shit clear up some

The Colonel

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎁 GIFTED POSTER 🎁
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
⁛ FOURCAST WINNER ⁛
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
130,957 330 269
Country
Wales
Credits
VAR is fine but needs to be limited a lot more - i think they trialled some much quicker way of doing offsides in the Champs League? Didn't see it but apparently was loads better.

Anyway - i'd keep VAR on that basis but only for offsides (which should be a black and white issue) and off the ball incidents or serious foul play where a red card could be needed. f**k it off for everything else.

Like said already - ref calling time off for subs, "injuries" etc etc would quickly see that kind of shit clear up some
See I don't think offsides have to be policed so stringently. For me if a player is so close to being onside that the officials can't tell then play on.

Seems to be against the spirit of the game to be using technology to measure millimeters, as long as everyone plays by the same rule then do we need to interrupt the game so often?

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
Reaction score
Reactions
1,529 30
Credits
VAR is fine but the implementation here is poor.

In MLS, everything is looked at, ref buzzed IF something is found they want him to look at; has to be something conclusive, so no waffling over subjective decisions.

Example was a striker who'd not scored in a year (sign him up). Scored, celebrations - except several camera angles showed he'd handled. The opposition didn't even notice it, weren't appealing. That was a clear "no fault" incorrect decision by the ref, was summonsed quickly, shown the conclusive views and overturned it within the space of a minute.

Rule I'd change is to limit "foreign" players to 3 per match day squad.

kiffa

(kippa)
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,109 74 227
Country
Jamaica
Credits
See I don't think offsides have to be policed so stringently. For me if a player is so close to being onside that the officials can't tell then play on.

Seems to be against the spirit of the game to be using technology to measure millimeters, as long as everyone plays by the same rule then do we need to interrupt the game so often?

If the new process is quicker then I don’t see the issue using it for offsides

I’d much rather know a call is correct than to have a goal scored against us that is offside or us score a goal that is wrongly called offside. I know it can go in our favour as well but surely it’s better to just know it’s correct IF it is done quickly

Not to mention that Chelsea goal

Latest Fun Bets

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Members Online