CCFCC3PO

Club and Country Superstar
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
815 2
Credits
No twitter for this.

But, this is how Division Two looked on May 4th 1934.

20 Notts County P41 Pts 35
21 Swansea Town P 41 Pts 33
22 Millwall P41 Pts 33
---------------------------------------------------------------
23 Manchester United P41 Pts 32
24 Lincoln City P41 Pts25 RELEGATED

This was after April 28th where Swansea held on to a 1-1 draw away to Manchester United (16,600 attendance), effectively meaning they were guaranteed not to go down because their goal average was superior to Manchester United's.

Effectively, Manchester United, in a season where they lost 5-1 away to relegated Lincoln, 7-3 away to Grimsby Town and 4-0 at HOME to BRADFORD PARK AVENUE, needed a win in their final game of the season to avoid relegation to Division 3 North.

Their final game was at Millwall, who needed only a draw to send Man U down. On the final day of the season, as Barrow were beating Gateshead 12-1, and as Cardiff were losing 2-0 at Northampton in Division 3 South (we always lose to Northampton), Manchester United survived relegation and at least a season playing against New Brighton, Gateshead and Halifax by beating Millwall 2-0 and sending them down to Division 3 South.

The following season, Manchester United finished 5th in Division 2. I wonder what would have happened to football history if they lost on May 5th 1934 to Millwall.

Knees up Brian Clark

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
Reaction score
Reactions
10,839 21 16
Country
Wales
Credits