⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Harry Wilson’s permanent departure from Liverpool this summer is ‘looking likely’, The Athletic journalist Caoimhe O’Neill reports

The lowdown

Wilson made just his second senior appearance for Liverpool in the League Cup Round of 16 against Arsenal before joining Cardiff City on loan – it is Wilson’s fifth temporary spell away from Anfield.

gdkeOVC.png

He spent the 2019/20 campaign at Bournemouth after previous stints at Derby County, Hull City and Crewe Alexandra.

A hat-trick in a 4-0 win at Birmingham City last weekend took Wilson to seven Championship goals for the season, alongside his 12 assists (via Transfermarkt).

The latest

O’Neill expects Wilson to prepare for the 2021/22 season with Liverpool before making a permanent exit.

The Reds demanded £15million for Wilson last summer and, as it stands, that price-tag hasn’t changed.

Burnley were rebuffed in their £12million approach for the Wales international and it’s understood that they won’t revive their interest. He has two years left on his contract.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Liverpool were asking 15 mil for him last year.

How much is he worth now and would we be willing to pay it?

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Liverpool need to significantly drop their price on him for any realistic suitors to buy him. I know it was mentioned that Leeds was a possible destination for him, but I don't think he's a Bielsa type player

I'd be amazed if he was back with us next year, and I haven't heard any noises from Wilson to suggest he wants to come back to us. Not that we could afford him.

Am struggling to see who he would go to on a permanent, other than possibly the Jacks if they go up. Will be interesting to see how it pans out for him this summer.

But if he has a decent Euros who knows where he could end up

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
£6M plus extras if we go up maybe with some add ons if we don't. can't see him signing for us maybe a relegated premier league team or a bottom premier league team.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Liverpool need to significantly drop their price on him for any realistic suitors to buy him. I know it was mentioned that Leeds was a possible destination for him, but I don't think he's a Bielsa type player

I'd be amazed if he was back with us next year, and I haven't heard any noises from Wilson to suggest he wants to come back to us. Not that we could afford him.

Am struggling to see who he would go to on a permanent, other than possibly the Jacks if they go up. Will be interesting to see how it pans out for him this summer.

But if he has a decent Euros who knows where he could end up

I agree it’s a ridiculous valuation but when clubs are desperate enough to pay £20 million for garbage like Rhian Brewster then is it any wonder Liverpool are asking so much.

Hopefully buying clubs will be a bit more prudent and these clubs that think they can stockpile young talent and hold everyone else to ransom will start living in the real world.

Ultimately someone like Wilson is worth nothing to a club like Liverpool - he ain’t getting in their team so essentially he’s just a waste of a salary. Any young player in his position needs to realise that the best thing he can do is leave, play regular football and be a part of something meaningful. Wilson should be knocking on Klopp‘s door and asking to leave this summer.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Someone like Norwich will pay £10million. He's one of those "too good for the champ, not good enough for the prem" players.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now