Mark Hudson breaks silence on Cardiff City sacking with classy message to Bluebirds fans

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Mark Hudson has spoken out for the first time since his Cardiff City sacking, and insists he's "eternally grateful" for being handed the chance to manage the Bluebirds.

Hudson was dismissed from his post shortly after the 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic, a result that condemned City to their ninth game without a win in all competitions.

His dismissal means Cardiff are now searching for their third manager of the season, with just three points separating City from the Championship trapdoor.

A1339C43-0763-433C-AFE6-B74A81E12814.jpeg

In a statement released through the League Mangers Association, Hudson thanked his players, backroom team, as well as the Bluebirds board and fans, urging the latter to get behind the team as they bid to elevate themselves away from the relegation zone.

There was also a special mention for predecessor Steve Morison, who brought Hudson back to the capital as part of his backroom team.

"It has been just over a week since I left my position as manager of Cardiff City," he began. "It is hard to put into words and to share what an honour and privilege it felt to manage this team.

“I would like to thank the fans — you Bluebirds — for making me and my family feel at home from the very first moment I arrived at the club. You are the lifeblood of the club and the way you supported the team, the coaching staff and my family is a testament to the people of Cardiff and our fans around the world. Please continue to get behind the squad, coaches and manager.

“I also want to thank Steve Morison for bringing me back to Cardiff. Without him, none of this would have been possible.
“To the board and the ownership, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to first captain, then coach and eventually manage this wonderful club.

“I also want to recognise the players for their commitment and drive during my time as manager. I enjoyed every minute working with this group. The squad showed the passion and desire that the club and fans deserve every day in training and in games.

“My coaching staff deserve particular mention for their work over the course of this season. They showed diligence and ambition for the challenges that go with the job throughout my time as manager.

The same must be said for all the wonderful people I met and worked alongside across the club, they make the difference behind the scenes.

Given their history together, Hudson's affection for the Bluebirds clearly runs deep, and he has seemingly hinted he would be open to a return to the club in some capacity in the future.

“I leave with a full heart and I look forward to what the future holds for me and my family. I wish the club, players, staff, and fans the utmost success moving forward. I am sure our paths will cross again.”

Last edited by a moderator:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Mark Hudson has spoken out for the first time since his Cardiff City sacking, and insists he's "eternally grateful" for being handed the chance to manage the Bluebirds.

Hudson was dismissed from his post shortly after the 1-1 draw with Wigan Athletic, a result that condemned City to their ninth game without a win in all competitions.

His dismissal means Cardiff are now searching for their third manager of the season, with just three points separating City from the Championship trapdoor.

A1339C43-0763-433C-AFE6-B74A81E12814.jpeg

In a statement released through the League Mangers Association, Hudson thanked his players, backroom team, as well as the Bluebirds board and fans, urging the latter to get behind the team as they bid to elevate themselves away from the relegation zone.

There was also a special mention for predecessor Steve Morison, who brought Hudson back to the capital as part of his backroom team.

"It has been just over a week since I left my position as manager of Cardiff City," he began. "It is hard to put into words and to share what an honour and privilege it felt to manage this team.

“I would like to thank the fans — you Bluebirds — for making me and my family feel at home from the very first moment I arrived at the club. You are the lifeblood of the club and the way you supported the team, the coaching staff and my family is a testament to the people of Cardiff and our fans around the world. Please continue to get behind the squad, coaches and manager.

“I also want to thank Steve Morison for bringing me back to Cardiff. Without him, none of this would have been possible.
“To the board and the ownership, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to first captain, then coach and eventually manage this wonderful club.

“I also want to recognise the players for their commitment and drive during my time as manager. I enjoyed every minute working with this group. The squad showed the passion and desire that the club and fans deserve every day in training and in games.

“My coaching staff deserve particular mention for their work over the course of this season. They showed diligence and ambition for the challenges that go with the job throughout my time as manager.

The same must be said for all the wonderful people I met and worked alongside across the club, they make the difference behind the scenes.

Given their history together, Hudson's affection for the Bluebirds clearly runs deep, and he has seemingly hinted he would be open to a return to the club in some capacity in the future.

“I leave with a full heart and I look forward to what the future holds for me and my family. I wish the club, players, staff, and fans the utmost success moving forward. I am sure our paths will cross again.”
shame nice guy

Cymro84

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🏅 BINGO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
This is one of the big issues with promoting from within, if it doesn’t work out, you don’t just lose the manager but someone who was possibly a very competent coach who loved the club.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
This is one of the big issues with promoting from within, if it doesn’t work out, you don’t just lose the manager but someone who was possibly a very competent coach who loved the club.
And we lost a good U23 coach in Morison too. Tan's poor decisions are fucking the club in a number of ways.

HotshotHamish

Club and Country Superstar
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Everybody likes Hudson and he seems a genuinely nice guy who obviously cares deeply about the club
However, to heap praise on the players, coaches and board when basically they have all been crap is a bit much!!

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Everybody likes Hudson and he seems a genuinely nice guy who obviously cares deeply about the club
However, to heap praise on the players, coaches and board when basically they have all been crap is a bit much!!
Yup. Just cliched stuff so everyone says what a nice bloke he is. City legend but a long way from a manager at the moment

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Yup. Just cliched stuff so everyone says what a nice bloke he is. City legend but a long way from a manager at the moment
Yeah while I'm sure he wrote it, it does sound like something written by a lawyer.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Mungo Jerry

Player of the Month
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Just wondering what else can be said though.
A Managers job is to communicate, motivate - and manage.

No point isn saying that the squad are a bunch of knuts who cannot play sanday league level, whether true or not.
So, then the cliches roll out.

We'll have another manager soon maybe.
And more cliches.
And some from the Interim in the meantime too.

It's a funny old game of two halves, but thats football.

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Sam Allardyce was favourite last I looked a couple of days ago

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Sam Allardyce was favourite last I looked a couple of days ago
Based on utter bullshit by the looks of it. Bookies always get it wrong on these lists and someone splashing a bit of cash and unsubstantiated rumours can change the markets quickly

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
shame nice guy
Very nice bloke, met him twice, and was really engaging, BUT, manager he isn't just yet! I know they are cliché phrases, used by most sacked managers, but "passion & desire, shown by the player's " really mark:shrug2: when were we seeing this?

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Still is, odds have hardly shifted in days

8C1F6E69-C45A-4F09-BC0B-D362BCCE7B80.jpeg

Is anyone up for putting a fiver on Warburton? See if we can get him up the table? :hehe:

How many £5 bets would move him to the top do you reckon?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Is anyone up for putting a fiver on Warburton? See if we can get him up the table? :hehe:

How many £5 bets would move him to the top do you reckon?
I reckon a handful of small bets in quick succession would do it

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now