Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
26,062 450 36
Credits
I always had him down as manager that plays the long ball game. I've never really watched his Wolves and Sunderland sides. Only based my judgement on his time at Ipswich but it is well documented he had probably the smallest budget in the league and having his best players sold and still had them in around the top 6 and soon as he left they dropped like a stone into league 1 so that tells you everything.

Good on you for doing the homework and being open minded:thumbup:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
53,605 1,414 84
Credits

Face Paint

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
Reaction score
Reactions
2,981 250 58
Credits
Dont you agree we need a change of direction and a long term plan as well then?
I do yes but let's not rush into our next boss. Take a look abroad now we have all summer to do so.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
53,605 1,414 84
Credits

TDA

fully paid up member of the silent majority
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
Reaction score
Reactions
18,020 705 45
Credits

I've got my head round it just about. This is a great interview. He has built his teams on peanuts and got the reputation to play some good football and not just long ball depending on the situation. I was hasty about it cause I thought he's just cut from the same cloth as Warnock. But he seems to have got more strings to his bow than given credit for. Hes got a decent squad better than the one he had at Ipswich. His teams at Wolves and Sunderland played some great football even though it was a long time ago. Welcome Mick hopefully you can do what you did at Wolves and I wont have complaints. We wont get a young manager under this regime I've realised that Tan won't trust one now cause we seem to get more out of experience than young. I hope Mick is more open to talented flair players instead of being left out in the cold like under Warnock. Mick wont take any shit.
That's a good watch. Life won't be dull at City with Mick around.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NG
Reaction score
Reactions
9,499 693 143
Credits
That's a good watch. Life won't be dull at City with Mick around.
It has changed some on my misconceptions of him. If he has good players he will play good football and is willing to use youngsters.

TDA

⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
Reaction score
Reactions
18,020 705 45
Credits
It has changed some on my misconceptions of him. If he has good players he will play good football and is willing to use youngsters.
To be honest, I couldn't understand some of the comments being thrown about on here by people who put themselves forward as supposedly knowing something about football.

Mick McCarthy has always been a good manager, getting the best out of limited players, never a journeyman and has never been in a job for less than 3 years.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NG
Reaction score
Reactions
9,499 693 143
Credits
To be honest, I couldn't understand some of the comments being thrown about on here by people who put themselves forward as supposedly knowing something about football.

Mick McCarthy has always been a good manager, getting the best out of limited players, never a journeyman and has never been in a job for less than 3 years.
That is true tbf. Had 2 spells at international in between. his only blip so far was Cyprus unsurprisingly that doesn't look like his sort of job. At Wolves, Sunderland and Ipswich. Hes never had much money to work with. Suits Tan down to the ground.

CCFC_27

Fuck the Jacks
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
1,522 374 12
Credits
I'm more excited than I thought I'd be. He's a entertaining character, if it's not going to be an exciting young/foreign manager you might as well take one with experience. Works well without a budget so should get the best out of a squad that's pretty good, midfield aside. The club supposedly went for Howe and shocker he rejected. Gives them 6 months to find someone similar (who knew who Steve cooper was before the jacks found him). If he manages to beat Swansea 3-0 at theirs and we finish mid table and he leaves at the end of the season he'll still be a legend.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ BIG MICK
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
I ❤ LEE TOMLIN
I ❤ NG
Reaction score
Reactions
9,499 693 143
Credits

TDA

⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
Reaction score
Reactions
18,020 705 45
Credits
Just extracted this from his press conference. Love the approach....

Stephen Kenny not won a game in eight, increase your sense of regret?
I’ve got Barnsley on Wednesday, Paul. That’s my sole interest. Then Millwall on Saturday.

If you would like to speak to me about my job at Cardiff then I would love to do so. If not, I am happy to leave the meeting.

McCarthy

Wavey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
7,334 732 31
Credits
I have to admit, after the initial disappointment, I've warmed to him and his assistant over the last 24hrs. And am now starting to think that maybe he is the right man for the job at the mo. Since NW took us to the Prem, where he wasn't expecting miracles, I think the players started freewheeling. I do think these this management team will give the players the kick up the backside that I feel has been lacking in recent times. If he can get someone even resembling half decent on loan, to freshen up the midfield, then I'll live with a bit of hope.

Regardless of who's in charge, it's Cardiff, it's always gonna be a bit of a roller coaster ride, but that's part of the appeal. They are still City, and will still be supporting them, regardless what the future brings :nqat:

:warnock::bluebird::bluebird::bluebird:
:beer::beer::beer: