Mindrush Football Charity Event at CCS!

Laz

Academy Trialist
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Credits
On 31st of August I am taking part in a solo, self-funded fundraiser to raise awareness of the varying mental health problems people in the UK are facing today. I am cycling approximately 4,000 kilometres via every single football league ground in the top four tiers of football England and Wales, only stopping to sleep, to raise awareness and money for both mental health charity MIND and CALM, a charity committed to eradicating suicide here in the UK

I’m sure you all know how important these charities are and how much of a stigma there is regarding mental health. The sad thing is, if I was raising money for a more understood illness then my fundraising would be so much easier to come by. It’s a self-funded and self promoted project that in these times is extremely hard to get off the ground or charities who are now underfunded when we need them most.

That said, The CCS will play an integral part of the overall fundraiser along the journey as being a city fan, Ive decided to finish up at our ground from my start point of Carlisle. With the football community and city fans behind me, I’m sure it can be as big a success as we can hope.

You can find out more about the journey and the daily blog showing how far I’ve travelled each day, how long it took and all pictures of all the grounds and everything in between at www.mindrush.org.uk and any donations/support/sharing of the website you could do is obviously priceless. The website also serves as a hub for many different facets of help you can get, whatever demographic you come under, if you or anyone you know are struggling with your mental health.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this everyone. Anything you can do to help is much appreciated!

1598442838044.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
Good luck with this. A most noble cause.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
On 31st of August I am taking part in a solo, self-funded fundraiser to raise awareness of the varying mental health problems people in the UK are facing today. I am cycling approximately 4,000 kilometres via every single football league ground in the top four tiers of football England and Wales, only stopping to sleep, to raise awareness and money for both mental health charity MIND and CALM, a charity committed to eradicating suicide here in the UK

I’m sure you all know how important these charities are and how much of a stigma there is regarding mental health. The sad thing is, if I was raising money for a more understood illness then my fundraising would be so much easier to come by. It’s a self-funded and self promoted project that in these times is extremely hard to get off the ground or charities who are now underfunded when we need them most.

That said, The CCS will play an integral part of the overall fundraiser along the journey as being a city fan, Ive decided to finish up at our ground from my start point of Carlisle. With the football community and city fans behind me, I’m sure it can be as big a success as we can hope.

You can find out more about the journey and the daily blog showing how far I’ve travelled each day, how long it took and all pictures of all the grounds and everything in between at www.mindrush.org.uk and any donations/support/sharing of the website you could do is obviously priceless. The website also serves as a hub for many different facets of help you can get, whatever demographic you come under, if you or anyone you know are struggling with your mental health.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this everyone. Anything you can do to help is much appreciated!

Mindrush
Nice one Laz, good luck with it, that's a huge task mate and I hope you get through it alright.

I'll sticky this thread as long as you come back and update us with progress and pop some pics in here along the way :thumbup::aya:

BLUE TUESDAY

FORUMS ADONIS
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
WEED CLUB
Credits
Good luck with that dude , :thumbup:
Very noble cause
Welcome to the forum too :thumbup:

Laz

Academy Trialist
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Credits
Nice one Laz, good luck with it, that's a huge task mate and I hope you get though it alright.

I'll sticky this thread as long as you come back and update as with progress and pop some pics in here along the way :thumbup::aya:
Absolutely mate, that would be incredible, thank you. I'm having to add 50 miles onto my journey going from cardiff to swansea and back again to end up at the CCS but all worth it :hehe:!

Really appreciate this Colonel, kudos

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Very good cause, something that a lot of people struggle with to varying degrees that for whatever reason, people don't always fee, able to talk about.
Hopefully you will raise awareness and remove some of the perceived stigma.

Good luck to you, I look forward to hearing about your progress

Mrs Steve R

Sex realist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🔟 PICKEM 10/10 🔟
Credits

Mindrush

kuWxT7x.png
Nice to see you Laz :aya: Donated and shared on fb, hope I did it right :hehe:

Good luck mate :thumbup:

Laz

Academy Trialist
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Credits
Very good cause, something that a lot of people struggle with to varying degrees that for whatever reason, people don't always fee, able to talk about.
Hopefully you will raise awareness and remove some of the perceived stigma.

Good luck to you, I look forward to hearing about your progress
That's an incredibly important part, erasing the stigma that comes with it. Thank you for your support TH!

Mrs Steve R

Sex realist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🔟 PICKEM 10/10 🔟
Credits