Club and Country Superstar
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Reaction score
Reactions
1,515 6 13
Country
Wales
Credits
I seem to remember a story about sitting next to Robert Plant at a match .......... :thumbup:
More than that, I used to go to football with him frequently. I had joined UWIC football club and I was introduced to him after a game (his son was a decent footballer and was a student at UWIC). I went home and told my wife I'd met a bloke called Robert Plant and she almost fainted. I was puzzled because I wasn't a Led Zep fan and didn't know who he was. He was at a lot of games whilst his son was a student and he was very friendly. He also came across as quite posh!

the other bob wilson

Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Reaction score
Reactions
2,157 4 1
Credits
1265.jpg

Who is the player holding the trophy. Extra point for what ground and what occasion.
SJB
Is it John Craven of Blackpool with the Anglo Italian Cup? Seem to remember they won it somewhere in Italy while playing in their white shirts, tangerine shorts kit.

SloopJB

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Reaction score
Reactions
2,714 11 1
Credits
Micky Burns holding the Anglo Italian Cup?
I remember when he came to the city late 70s. I was quite excited by it, but he only played a handful of games and went back to the North east. I remember some rumour about it was freebie loan or something due to the Kenton utilities ties to North east clubs at the time.
SJB

Cyncoedslumdog

Club and Country Superstar
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Reaction score
Reactions
1,515 6 13
Country
Wales
Credits
Newport county….Ronnie Bird,Gary Plumley,Me,Tony Villars,Steve Derrett
All correct so the three you've missed are all County players. I don't think anybody would get the one next to Ronnie - Mark Williams who came from Bromsgrove Rovers. The other two were first team regulars.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Latest Fun Bets