Last edited by a moderator:

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
It was always going to happen. Good luck to him.

Spanker

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
All the best to him, want first team football and that’s fair enough.
Impressive first season with us with a lot of clean sheets overall (and that includes his season the PL)

Dicky Davies

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
Credits
Hopefully we will get a decent fee. Would help in bringing in another playmaker

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Yeah good luck to him, seems like a nice lad and I got the impression he liked it here. Proposed to his bird in Penarth I think.

Genuine shame to see him go, before his injury he was outstanding for us but with Smithies in form he simply hasn't had a chance to get back in the team, hopefully he'll get first team football at Brum.

Back last season silly money was being touted about for him, wonder how much we actually got for him?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you have two highly quality goalkeepers and no injuries it seems like an indulgence but now if Smithies gets injured or loses form we become heavily reliant on Day who is not properly tested at this level. When he played at Wigan he was poor in my opinion.

You want continuity in goal and only rotate in league games when you have to. If your number 2 is a class act he will get pissed off and unsettled as he believes himself to be a first teamer.

I wish Etheridge well. Done a great job for us and no bitching in the media when he wasn't playing.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
Yeah good luck to him, seems like a nice lad and I got the impression he liked it here. Proposed to his bird in Penarth I think.

Genuine shame to see him go, before his injury he was outstanding for us but with Smithies in form he simply hasn't had a chance to get back in the team, hopefully he'll get first team football at Brum.

Back last season silly money was being touted about for him, wonder how much we actually got for him?
One of the "nicest" people you ever want to meet. Genuine good guy.
Good luck whatever happens

Pen Y Bont Blue

Wales Regular
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
No doubt if sold Etheridge will go on the cheap. If you think not so long ago there was interest from Premier League clubs with a big fee muted. Sad to see him go as he has done well for us. We just happen to have 2 good keepers.:aya:

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
You're damned if you do and damned if you don't. If you have two highly quality goalkeepers and no injuries it seems like an indulgence but now if Smithies gets injured or loses form we become heavily reliant on Day who is not properly tested at this level. When he played at Wigan he was poor in my opinion.

You want continuity in goal and only rotate in league games when you have to. If your number 2 is a class act he will get pissed off and unsettled as he believes himself to be a first teamer.

I wish Etheridge well. Done a great job for us and no bitching in the media when he wasn't playing.

Silly money was being touted in the clueless media.

If we'd been offered some of the silly figures listed, we'd have bitten their hands off and driven him up there!

Our tactics against Birmingham will be simple then. Kick ball to Etheridge, have wide players run off pitch ready to take the inevitable throw in.

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
No doubt if sold Etheridge will go on the cheap. If you think not so long ago there was interest from Premier League clubs with a big fee muted. Sad to see him go as he has done well for us. We just happen to have 2 good keepers.:aya:

There was reported media interest. What concrete offers were actually made?

It irks me that people refer to "on the cheap" as if there's some nominal "market value". It's all about what a buyer wants to pay, what a seller wishes to pay. We get a fee, lower overall wage bill which either helps us with the current financial climate or potentially opens a slot for bringing in player in other position.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Silly money was being touted in the clueless media.

If we'd been offered some of the silly figures listed, we'd have bitten their hands off and driven him up there!

Our tactics against Birmingham will be simple then. Kick ball to Etheridge, have wide players run off pitch ready to take the inevitable throw in.
His kicking did always wind me up as its something you can practice and improve. I'm pretty sure thete was a spell when it got a fair bit better but he then lapsed back into bad habits.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
who changed my thumb nail? :gurn:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
On the old forum I had it set up so I could specify what image I wanted Facebook and Twitter to scrape from the thread before I posted it to social media but I haven't got that set up on this forum yet.

BLUE TUESDAY

FORUMS ADONIS
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
WEED CLUB
Credits
We have been very blessed having 2 very good keepers , who would both start most championship teams , I've no doubt about that

if theres anything in this , then thank you
Neil for the memories, you have been great for us
mate , and good luck in your future endeavours

It would free up even more funds, to strengthen others areas of the pitch , (another play maker would be nice) I would think after promotion he would be on a big wage too ,

This could be great for both parties :thumbup:

steve davies

Just a misunderstood slap head
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
We have been very blessed having 2 very good keepers , who would both start most championship teams , I've no doubt about that

if theres anything in this , then thank you
Neil for the memories, you have been great for us
mate , and good luck in your future endeavours

It would free up even more funds, to strengthen others areas of the pitch , (another play maker would be nice) I would think after promotion he would be on a big wage too ,

This could be great for both parties :thumbup:

@Colonel Cardiffi just reporting @BLUE TUESDAY s account has been hacked look at the spelling it’s a giveaway :nqat:

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
on the verge of joining birmingham

ktGuwtI.png
Oi. Nuggles started this thread weeks ago.
They all laughed at me cos I had a ",mate" from brum.

Yet another thing nuggles was right about.
The boards very on ankles

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now