Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
_113920875_gettyimages-1228027380.jpg

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris has warned he will have to work with a modest transfer budget this summer.

The Bluebirds signed Wales striker Kieffer Moore from Wigan on Thursday, but the financial impact of coronavirus means Cardiff's other business might be limited to loans and free transfers.

Meanwhile, out-of-contract forward Danny Ward is set to join Huddersfield.

"I know full well I've not got a transfer pot to spend in abundance," Harris told BBC Sport Wales.

"We've got a very healthy squad and I'm very happy with our squad - we've got some talent in there.

"As a manager, you always want a little more strength in depth but I understand the situation we're in with Covid-19 and the state of football. We have to be sensible.

"Being able to bring Kieffer in was very sensible business. I didn't expect to have any money to spend at all so I'm really thankful for that."

On Ward's expected move to Huddersfield, Harris said: "I think he will [leave]. Me and him have a fantastic relationship.

"He's been very loyal to me after lockdown where he could easily have made a decision - as others lads in the game have - to not play, but he stayed and worked great for us, and personally as well by scoring a couple of goals.

"Danny is a northern lad. He's got a young, beautiful family and sometimes location and contract status dictates what you do in football.

"If Danny is to leave us it'll be sad for me because I enjoy working with him, but also I fully understand that sometimes you have to move on and do what's best for you family-wise."

Right-back the next priority
Cardiff spent £2m to make Moore their first signing of the summer, though it appears unlikely there will be many multi-million-pound acquisitions to come in this transfer window.

Chairman Mehmet Dalman warned in April that coronavirus would have a "quite considerable" financial impact on Championship clubs, and Wigan going into administration before their relegation to League One meant Moore was available for a reduced fee.

Having lost in the 2019-20 play-off semi-finals to Fulham, Harris is now in the process of strengthening his squad for another bid to return to the Premier League.

One area Cardiff will certainly need to strengthen is right-back, following the departures of four players in that position.

Lee Peltier joined West Bromwich Albion in January, Wales international Jazz Richards left in June after his contract expired, while Wales youth player Cameron Coxe has also departed and Dion Sanderson returned to Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier this month following the end of his loan.

"There's possibly the opportunity for him [Sanderson] to stay with us [on loan] moving forward," said Harris.

"Leandro Bacuna was exceptional in midfield and moved to right-back for experience and was very capable.

"But we are looking for a right-back to strengthen us in that area. Then after right-back we'll look at positions where we feel we're a bit short and need to tinker.

"Realistically the football industry, even the Championship, is going to be based on loan players, free transfers and probably swapping players as well, which we don't often see in this country but is a real realistic element we could see moving forward."

Source - Neil Harris: Cardiff City boss warns of tight transfer budget - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53770133

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
If we can get 3 in on loan and a couple of freebies we’re not in a bad position

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Cardiff City manager Neil Harris has warned he will have to work with a modest transfer budget this summer.

The Bluebirds signed Wales striker Kieffer Moore from Wigan on Thursday, but the financial impact of coronavirus means Cardiff's other business might be limited to loans and free transfers.

"I know full well I've not got a transfer pot to spend in abundance," Harris told BBC Sport Wales.

"We've got a very healthy squad and I'm very happy with our squad - we've got some talent in there.

"As a manager, you always want a little more strength in depth but I understand the situation we're in with Covid-19 and the state of football. We have to be sensible.

"Being able to bring Kieffer in was very sensible business. I didn't expect to have any money to spend at all so I'm really thankful for that."

On Ward's expected move to Huddersfield, Harris said: "I think he will [leave]. Me and him have a fantastic relationship.

"He's been very loyal to me after lockdown where he could easily have made a decision - as others lads in the game have - to not play, but he stayed and worked great for us, and personally as well by scoring a couple of goals.

"Danny is a northern lad. He's got a young, beautiful family and sometimes location and contract status dictates what you do in football.

"If Danny is to leave us it'll be sad for me because I enjoy working with him, but also I fully understand that sometimes you have to move on and do what's best for you family-wise."

Cardiff spent £2m to make Moore their first signing of the summer, though it appears unlikely there will be many multi-million-pound acquisitions to come in this transfer window.

Chairman Mehmet Dalman warned in April that coronavirus would have a "quite considerable" financial impact on Championship clubs, and Wigan going into administration before their relegation to League One meant Moore was available for a reduced fee.

Having lost in the 2019-20 play-off semi-finals to Fulham, Harris is now in the process of strengthening his squad for another bid to return to the Premier League.

One area Cardiff will certainly need to strengthen is right-back, following the departures of four players in that position.

Lee Peltier joined West Bromwich Albion in January, Wales international Jazz Richards left in June after his contract expired, while Wales youth player Cameron Coxe has also departed and Dion Sanderson returned to Wolverhampton Wanderers earlier this month following the end of his loan.

"There's possibly the opportunity for him [Sanderson] to stay with us [on loan] moving forward," said Harris.

"Leandro Bacuna was exceptional in midfield and moved to right-back for experience and was very capable.

"But we are looking for a right-back to strengthen us in that area. Then after right-back we'll look at positions where we feel we're a bit short and need to tinker.

"Realistically the football industry, even the Championship, is going to be based on loan players, free transfers and probably swapping players as well, which we don't often see in this country but is a real realistic element we could see moving forward."

Source - Neil Harris: Cardiff City boss warns of tight transfer budget - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53770133
Talking a lot of sense there and comes across well - bit of class the way he talks about Ward.

Will be interesting to see if there are swap shops.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
The reference to swapping players is interesting. I wonder if there is already something in the pipleine :sherlock:

Delboyo

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I hope that we do get our transfer dealings done early and not sign someone out of desperation on a 5 year contract with minutes to go.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits

This should be the message every season. In previous seasons other clubs have looked at us with our billionaire owner and rinsed us dry.

Putting the message out there that we're not working with a war chest will do wonders for our negotiating position.

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
A winger that can cross a ball would be nice. We’ve strikers that could thrive on good service for once. Sell Hoilett to Warnock.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

No mention of a left back then?

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
One with Boro perhaps?
Hoilett/Etheridge for George Saville?
Saw an unsubstantiated rumour about Etheridge to Brum. Have they got anyone we'd be interested in?

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
The only time I recall us doing a swap in recent times was Odemwingie for Kenwynne Jones. It should be a decent way of us bringing one or two good players in but I imagine it could be pretty complicated what with the varying length of player contracts and wage demands etc

I would guess our two most likely assets would be Etheridge and Flint. Surely we could get a decent right back and midfielder in exchange for them.

Also the fact we are letting Ward go means we are still down to 2 proper strikers (and Paterson) unless he is looking to give some of the academy lads a chance, surely we will need another one.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now