Muff Buffington

Wales Regular
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
1,055 16 7
Credits
Spotlight on the troubles: A secret history

BBC-i, 7 parter about the trouble in N.Ireland. Interviews galore with all sides and mental footage of a crazy time in British history. Loads of things I didn't know. Very well made, very watchable.

It's got everything that a gripping tv drama would have, politics, violence, double crosses, kidnaps, assassinations, murder squads, SAS units, beatings, international arms smuggling, money laundering, riots, bomb making. You name it and it's in there by those that did it but it's obviously real life. You couldn't write a film so mental.

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐🗐🗐 200 PAGER 🗐🗐🗐🗐
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
35,785 1,069 109
Credits
Nigella’s got a new show on BBC2

Not a fucking clue what she was cooking but I enjoyed watching it

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
44,830 1,333 77
Credits
Spotlight on the troubles: A secret history

BBC-i, 7 parter about the trouble in N.Ireland. Interviews galore with all sides and mental footage of a crazy time in British history. Loads of things I didn't know. Very well made, very watchable.

It's got everything that a gripping tv drama would have, politics, violence, double crosses, kidnaps, assassinations, murder squads, SAS units, beatings, international arms smuggling, money laundering, riots, bomb making. You name it and it's in there by those that did it but it's obviously real life. You couldn't write a film so mental.
just watched the first episode of spotlight on the troubles: a secret history. it was very interesting and well worth a watch gonna watch another episode in a bit. cheers bud :thumbup:

BLUE TUESDAY

FORUMS ADONIS
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⌚ GOALTIME WINNER ⌚
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
WEED CLUB
Reaction score
Reactions
11,548 190 8
Credits
just watched the first episode of spotlight on the troubles: a secret history. it was very interesting and well worth a watch gonna watch another episode in a bit. cheers bud :thumbup:
I'm going to have a look at that now :thumbup:

Muff Buffington

Wales Regular
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
Reaction score
Reactions
1,055 16 7
Credits
the programmes get better as the troubles get worse if that isn't too much a contradiction in terms. All sorts of dodgy shit going on. Even though we lived through it being reported I didn't really know the half of it and I thought I did. The IRA haven't really been formed as an active military force by the end of the first one. When the UDF and the provos and the Army are in full swing it's utter bedlam. Absolute chaos. And the bombs. Fuck me I forgot how brutal they were over there.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
~LMS Belarus~
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
44,830 1,333 77
Credits
the programmes get better as the troubles get worse if that isn't too much a contradiction in terms. All sorts of dodgy shit going on. Even though we lived through it being reported I didn't really know the half of it and I thought I did. The IRA haven't really been formed as an active military force by the end of the first one. When the UDF and the provos and the Army are in full swing it's utter bedlam. Absolute chaos. And the bombs. Fuck me I forgot how brutal they were over there.
just watched the 2nd episode :thumbup: i'll watch another 2 tomorrow in between first dates :hehe:

CCFCC3PO

Wales Regular
Writer
Reaction score
Reactions
572 1 2
Credits
Is Dexter any good? Never bothered to watch it
I didn't like Dexter. The voice overs got on my nerves, and it just got a bit silly towards the end. Definitely a 2-3 season show. Saying that, I thought the ending was good compared to many people who hated it. Will I watch Season 9? Probably.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
23,711 792 84
Credits
Nigella’s got a new show on BBC2

Not a fucking clue what she was cooking but I enjoyed watching it
She's getting us all to eat banana skins. Probably a ruse to get us used to a 5G covid injection. Got my bananas on order anyway.

TDA

fully paid up member of the silent majority
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
Reaction score
Reactions
16,438 672 40
Credits
I didn't like Dexter. The voice overs got on my nerves, and it just got a bit silly towards the end. Definitely a 2-3 season show. Saying that, I thought the ending was good compared to many people who hated it. Will I watch Season 9? Probably.
I gave up on Dexter after the first episode of the 6th series, but that was a couple of years ago. I think I will give it another go and report back :hehe:

TDA

fully paid up member of the silent majority
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
Reaction score
Reactions
16,438 672 40
Credits
Watched the first hour of Knives Out on Prime last night and will finish it this evening.

A spoof whodunnit with a decent, but aging cast. There's a very wrinky Jamie Lee Curtis ( cue @Travis Bickle ), Don (Miami Vice) Johnson and Christopher Plummer, who must have been exhumed especially for his role. Even Daniel Craig looks well past his sell by date.

Not recommended by any means, as the ham acting is awful. Still good to see some oldies though. :old:

Colonel Cardiffi

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎩 700 PAGER 🎩
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIE ₡
Reaction score
Reactions
75,198 2,350 224
Credits
Watched the first hour of Knives Out on Prime last night and will finish it this evening.

A spoof whodunnit with a decent, but aging cast. There's a very wrinky Jamie Lee Curtis ( cue @Travis Bickle ), Don (Miami Vice) Johnson and Christopher Plummer, who must have been exhumed especially for his role. Even Daniel Craig looks well past his sell by date.

Not recommended by any means, as the ham acting is awful. Still good to see some oldies though. :old:
I love a good ham acting murder mystery and I watched Knives Out back last year in the hope it would be a big overblown whodunnit in the style of "Clue" (anyone remember that film?) but it wasn't really so I was left a bit disappointed in that way.

Jamieccfc

Fuckin’ diabolical
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
14,996 451 55
Credits
Finally watched 1917, brilliant film, the horror that those young lads must’ve witnessed is frightening and those who survived likely done it again 20 years later

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🏁🏁🏁 50 PAGER 🏁🏁🏁
Reaction score
Reactions
8,607 117 13
Credits
Just started watching an Aussie series called Mr Inbetween. Can't remember how I found it, may have been recoomended on here.

I'm only 2 episodes in but its the story of a divorced father who on the one hand is trying to sort his life out with his kid, trying to sort his love life out with a new girl and by night is a bit of a thug and hitman.

It's very different from anyuthing else I've seen but I think I'm going to enjoy it

Colonel Cardiffi

Gaffer
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎩 700 PAGER 🎩
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIE ₡
Reaction score
Reactions
75,198 2,350 224
Credits
Just started watching an Aussie series called Mr Inbetween. Can't remember how I found it, may have been recoomended on here.

I'm only 2 episodes in but its the story of a divorced father who on the one hand is trying to sort his life out with his kid, trying to sort his love life out with a new girl and by night is a bit of a thug and hitman.

It's very different from anyuthing else I've seen but I think I'm going to enjoy it
Yes that's a very good show, binged right through both seasons.

Where did you manage to watch it? I was lucky someone on here was kind enough to upload the vids somewhere I was able to view them.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

On the forum