❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Can only see this post where The Night Manager has been mentioned, which is based on a John Le Carre book and on Amazon.

As usual, I tend to watch one episode of something a week (old habits die hard), so I am two weeks into this. A decent yarn so far, but I am afraid that I just can't see Hugh Laurie as a straight actor. He will be forever Bertie Wooster and for that reason, I couldn't watch House either.
I thought House was massively over rated but Laurie is a decent straight actor. Know what you mean though - if its in your head there's no shifting it. I like programnes where I don't know the cast as there is no baggage there.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Can only see this post where The Night Manager has been mentioned, which is based on a John Le Carre book and on Amazon.

As usual, I tend to watch one episode of something a week (old habits die hard), so I am two weeks into this. A decent yarn so far, but I am afraid that I just can't see Hugh Laurie as a straight actor. He will be forever Bertie Wooster and for that reason, I couldn't watch House either.
Yeah I must admit, when I see Hugh Laurie in things I'm seeing Bertie Wooster or Prince Regent

1NR5GGX.png

Although it doesn't take long for that to fade away because fair play to the man, he's a terrific actor.

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
@Boo

I just came across this video. Not sure whether you'd be interested or not, but I found it pretty interesting - aligns with some of my thoughts/theories about the film :thumbup:

Top man, I'll take a look in a bit

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Has Schits Creek been mentioned on here yet? All six series are on Netflix, a sitcom about a rich family that got done over by their accountant and end up penniless. One asset they were allowed to keep was a town bought as a joke for their son 'Schits Creek', they they end up living in a motel.

It's fairly light and each episode is only 21minutes but all the characters are well written, it's one of those shows where you can't decide who your favourite character is.

We're only half way through the first series so far and it's very enjoyable, I'm lead to believe it gets better and better too.

Joecity

Pickem World Cup Winner 2018
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
🔥 1 MILLIONTH POST 🔥
Credits
Just watched Three Kings again. Superior Iraq war/heist/caper film circa 99..

David.O.Russell film.

Clooney, Ice Cube, Whalberg and Spike Jonez..

Yes that's right the Spike Jonez as Conrad.

Proper A listers one and all.

Can't imagine you haven't all seen it but just in case

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Stumbled across "Polar" on Netflix last night and thought I'd give it a go as Mads Mikkelsen was playing the main character. Absolute garbage and gave up when Matt Lucas emerged as the Bond-type arch-villain.

:fedup:

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
On the plus side Mrs TDA and I are working our way through Harrow on Prime, but which may have been on mainstream TV in the UK. Cardiff"s own Ioan Gruffydd in the lead role as a pathologist (with a secret) living in Australia.

Lovely line in one episode where the apprehended culprit says to him something along the lines of "You're English, so you'd understand the need to exterminate these (racial slur)", to which he replies, "Well, actually, no, I'm Welsh!"

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Barbarians looks interesting. Anyone watched it yet?

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Has anyone watched Avenue 5? It stars Hugh Laurie, the missus started watching it but I wasn't interested until I read online that it's an Armando Ianucci show so suddenly I'm a bit more keen on it.

Ainsley Harriott

Give your meat a good ol' rub
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
Just finished the last episode of 'The Boys' on Amazon Prime while I munched my dinner. Great stuff and the way they left it makes it look like there might not be another season.

Just did the same last night.

I think it's too massive a series for Amazon to let it go.

"Soldier Boy" is meant to be a spin off coming soon, but they'll be back with The Boys.

Hughie's mum was never talked about.
Starlight's dad was never talked about. Both seemed to walk out with no other words spoken.
Black Noir is a vegetable.
Homelander, Billy and the CEO guy are still there.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Mr Inbetween Mr Inbetween (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/

Ray Shoesmith is a hitman for hire who makes a life out of balancing his criminal activities with his obligations to friends and family. He tries to be a father to Brittany (Chika Yasumura), his daughter with his ex-wife, Jacinta (Natalie Tran), a loving boyfriend to Ally (Brook Satchwell), and a good caretaker to his sick brother Bruce (Nicholas Cassim). Ray also covers for his friend Gary (Justin Rosniak) when needed, and follows his boss Freddy's (Damon Herriman) orders without question. Ray deals with criminals and monsters in his own violent way; this behavior, however, starts to take its toll and affects his relationships.

Everybody stop what you're doing and find a way to watch this series. The first two episodes have aired on FX on Sky in the UK. After watching the first episode, I couldn't wait to see more so I downloaded them immediately off da intanetz.

The main character is incredibly endearing, yet me (nor my partner) can figure out exactly why that is. It's really dark and 'laugh out loud' funny. It's got a sweet side too, so the tone of it is unlike anything else I've seen for a while. It's almost perfect.

9.5/10 for the first series. It's that good.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
I watched Avenue 5, not up to Armando Ianucci's usual standard but has some laughs in it.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Mr Inbetween Mr Inbetween (TV Series 2018– ) - IMDb - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/

Everybody stop what you're doing and find a way to watch this series. The first two episodes have aired on FX on Sky in the UK. After watching the first episode, I couldn't wait to see more so I downloaded them immediately off da intanetz.

The main character is incredibly endearing, yet me (nor my partner) can figure out exactly why that is. It's really dark and 'laugh out loud' funny. It's got a sweet side too, so the tone of it is unlike anything else I've seen for a while. It's almost perfect.

Looked into it and sounds good. Uk preniere tomorrow on Fox UK, which alas i dobt subscribe to

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits

Looked into it and sounds good. Uk preniere tomorrow on Fox UK, which alas i dobt subscribe to
Yeah I'll be looking into this as well. That's quite a recommendation and I feel like Heisenberg wouldn't steer you far wrong.

Heisenberg

Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
↯ INB4 CHAMP 2021 ↯
Credits
Argh bugger. I'll see if there's a way for me to share it with you using Google Drive or something. Keep your eyes peeled for a PM in the next few days :thumbup:

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Argh bugger. I'll see if there's a way for me to share it with you using Google Drive or something. Keep your eyes peeled for a PM in the next few days :thumbup:
Nice one:thumbup:

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
I did see on the web the other day that another season of Dexter is going to be produced and released this time next year starring the same guy.

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I did see on the web the other day that another season of Dexter is going to be produced and released this time next year starring the same guy.
Is Dexter any good? Never bothered to watch it

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits

Not sure whether this is good news or not. Enjoyed it when I binged all the series a few years ago but although the ending left this possibility, I felt it had run its course

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Is Dexter any good? Never bothered to watch it
Loved it. 8 seasons and all of them enjoyable, season 4 probably the best season of any show I’ve watched.
People may argue it gets a bit “samey” but if you’re hooked I’d imagine you’d enjoy them all.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now