New loan player is Sheyi Ojo from Liverpool

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Well, lets hope he doesnt read this message board, f**k me, what a way to welcome a new signing.:fedup:

So people should never discuss a loan signing then unless it's "rah rah rah greatest player ever"?

As I said, I hope he does well for us but you seriously just want to ignore his previous loan spells? We need to get over the WalesOnline inspired "he's from Liverpool, must be a star" fanboism. He's got a lot of pace and by the looks of things, needs to improve on decision making and consistency. He's a 23 yr old player who should be making strides to get regular first team football wherever he's at, not an 18 yr old with promise needed experience and game time to develop.

He's a fair bit going for him but for me there are a fair few red flags.

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
So people should never discuss a loan signing then unless it's "rah rah rah greatest player ever"?

As I said, I hope he does well for us but you seriously just want to ignore his previous loan spells? We need to get over the WalesOnline inspired "he's from Liverpool, must be a star" fanboism. He's got a lot of pace and by the looks of things, needs to improve on decision making and consistency. He's a 23 yr old player who should be making strides to get regular first team football wherever he's at, not an 18 yr old with promise needed experience and game time to develop.

Just as well he's on loan then, eh?

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits

Nothing to do with fanboism, Ill judge with what I see in a City shirt not slate the guy and pull him apart before hes even pulled on the shirt.

Unless you followed his loan spells closely you are just going off stats which may not be telling the whole story. He was aged 18 playing for Wolves and 20 playing for Fulham, I dont think he was expected to be the main man for either and obviously played a part in Fulhams promotion in 2017/18. Gerrard obviously thought enough of him to take him to Rangers, it fizzled out after a good starts it semms but he wont be the first or last forward player to suffer from loss of form and consistency. Maybe it was his attitude and he needed a kick up the backside so Gerrard dropped him, who knows? He wont be the first young player to have a wake up call. The position he plays, if he was consistently at the top of his game we wouldnt be getting him on loan in the championship.

Its funny you should mention Zaha, another player City fans never gave a chance and hes proven at Palace he is a terrific player. Maybe if City fans had given him a chance and not got on his back we could have benefited more from him.

We could sign Cristiano Ronaldo and some people would moan hes not Lionel Messi.

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Nothing to do with fanboism, Ill judge with what I see in a City shirt not slate the guy and pull him apart before hes even pulled on the shirt.

Unless you followed his loan spells closely you are just going off stats which may not be telling the whole story. He was aged 18 playing for Wolves and 20 playing for Fulham, I dont think he was expected to be the main man for either and obviously played a part in Fulhams promotion in 2017/18. Gerrard obviously thought enough of him to take him to Rangers, it fizzled out after a good starts it semms but he wont be the first or last forward player to suffer from loss of form and consistency. Maybe it was his attitude and he needed a kick up the backside so Gerrard dropped him, who knows? He wont be the first young player to have a wake up call. The position he plays, if he was consistently at the top of his game we wouldnt be getting him on loan in the championship.

Its funny you should mention Zaha, another player City fans never gave a chance and hes proven at Palace he is a terrific player. Maybe if City fans had given him a chance and not got on his back we could have benefited more from him.

We could sign Cristiano Ronaldo and some people would moan hes not Lionel Messi.

I've said I hope he does well but does that mean his loan history should be ignored? He's regularly failed to play over half the games when out on season long loan. Goals, assists aren't particularly impressive either. As I said, we're not talking about an 18 yr old, we're talking about somebody who is 23, an age where a player should be making the demand for a regular place - yes that's not going to happen at Liverpool... I hope he does well but the history isn't impressive. Maybe Harris can get that light bulb going on in his head, but if Gerrard couldn't then imo the odds are against it.

I agree with greater consistency we'd probably not get him, but greater consistency from out wide is PRECISELY what we need - Hoilett looks like his better days are long gone, Murphy is hit and miss at best, NML has seemingly disappeared and relies too often on knocking ball past full back and trying to use pace and Whyte is, well, toast because he's nowhere near the first team. Without consistency, then is Ojo necessarily an upgrade on what we already have?

Zaha did nothing due to not wanting to be here. It's ironic he's done nothing except at Palace and now wants out of there.

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I've said I hope he does well but does that mean his loan history should be ignored? He's regularly failed to play over half the games when out on season long loan. Goals, assists aren't particularly impressive either. As I said, we're not talking about an 18 yr old, we're talking about somebody who is 23, an age where a player should be making the demand for a regular place - yes that's not going to happen at Liverpool... I hope he does well but the history isn't impressive. Maybe Harris can get that light bulb going on in his head, but if Gerrard couldn't then imo the odds are against it.

I agree with greater consistency we'd probably not get him, but greater consistency from out wide is PRECISELY what we need - Hoilett looks like his better days are long gone, Murphy is hit and miss at best, NML has seemingly disappeared and relies too often on knocking ball past full back and trying to use pace and Whyte is, well, toast because he's nowhere near the first team. Without consistency, then is Ojo necessarily an upgrade on what we already have?

Zaha did nothing due to not wanting to be here. It's ironic he's done nothing except at Palace and now wants out of there.

For a side with such shit wingers at this level how the hell we got in the play-offs from where we were when Harris took over I never know:facepalm:

Thank fuck you are not giving the team talk.

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Sadly, Sex Jacket has done his ACL. Probably having sex with many beautiful ladies in his Sex Jacket.

EgLuzEBWAAA-KRk.jpg

Ladies flip flops NQAT:sherlock:

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
For a side with such shit wingers at this level how the hell we got in the play-offs from where we were when Harris took over I never know:facepalm:

Thank f**k you are not giving the team talk.

Are you saying our wide players aren't a problem? If not, then why would Harris bring in a wide player?

We've done well under Harris but it's a work in progress, we've areas that need addressing. Don't think it's too controversial to post that?

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Are you saying our wide players aren't a problem? If not, then why would Harris bring in a wide player?

We've done well under Harris but it's a work in progress, we've areas that need addressing. Don't think it's too controversial to post that?
He has brought him in because we needed cover for Tomlin and also needed to add to that area because who knows how long NML is going to be out for.

He hasnt brought him in because all of the wingers at the club are shit, which is more or less what you are implying in your previous negative post.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Welcome Sheyi I wonder if he will slot into the no10 role or will be on the wing and we have someone going out I think NML situation is health related.

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Zaha's a terrific player no doubt about that but he was absolute dogshit when he was here.

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
He has brought him in because we needed cover for Tomlin and also needed to add to that area because who knows how long NML is going to be out for.

He hasnt brought him in because all of the wingers at the club are shit, which is more or less what you are implying in your previous negative post.

I've not said they are all shit as you claim. I've said there are issues with them. I don't think it's wrong to say Hoilett has declined or NML has been hit or miss. I also don't think anyone can say Murphy has been either successful or consistent. As for Whyte... I don't doubt we'd be looking to move him on. If we're to be successful with Moore we need to have players out wide getting crosses in, whih we tend not to do - wide players cutting inside instead. The change in emphasis at full back could well help - Tutu and Bennett getting forward more - but we still need our wide players to improve with their service into the box.

Not sure what the issue with NML is - doubt anyone does. I'd expect Ojo to be starting games early on and hopefully he can do well.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I got a chant aswell instead of "Please dont go" Sheyi Ojo repeatedly

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I've not said they are all shit as you claim. I've said there are issues with them. I don't think it's wrong to say Hoilett has declined or NML has been hit or miss. I also don't think anyone can say Murphy has been either successful or consistent. As for Whyte... I don't doubt we'd be looking to move him on. If we're to be successful with Moore we need to have players out wide getting crosses in, whih we tend not to do - wide players cutting inside instead. The change in emphasis at full back could well help - Tutu and Bennett getting forward more - but we still need our wide players to improve with their service into the box.

Not sure what the issue with NML is - doubt anyone does. I'd expect Ojo to be starting games early on and hopefully he can do well.
You pointed out all their negatives, never got nothing positive to say.

Hoillett, NML and Murphy are good wingers for this level and both Hoilett and Murphy can play behind the striker too. It didnt go unnoticed Murphy had some of his best games for a us post lockdown without the fans there to get on his back. Maybe if fans were more supportive instead of complaining what players cant do instead of what they can do then it will give the confidence players more confidence to become more consistent.

Then again, this is a fanbase that once booed Peter Whittingham so I wont hold my breath.

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
He'd fallen out with Moyes, wanted to be back at Palace, didn't want to be with us...
Fans moaning because he tried tricks and they didnt come off. Didnt make him feel welcome at all.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now