☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
21,773 754 83
Credits
This surely has to be good news for us?
But I have questions

1. How will they select who the thousand fans are? Names out of the hat?

2. Where will Swansea get a thousand fans from?
Not quite sure it'll be good news for us in the short term... the WAG are (rightly in my view) taking the cautious approach to these things and it won't help that 2 neighbouring counties where lots of fans would come from are in 'lock down'.

Hopefully it'll be a resounding success in England though which will make Mark's decision easier for him.

BSP

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
15,193 241 27
Credits
This is great news. As long as these games go well, and I can’t really see how they wouldn’t, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see this being allowed at all grounds in the next few weeks.

Handily, Boros ground is the same size as ours too, so we can point to that when the Welsh Government has to make a decision.

BSP

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
15,193 241 27
Credits
Not quite sure it'll be good news for us in the short term... the WAG are (rightly in my view) taking the cautious approach to these things and it won't help that 2 neighbouring counties where lots of fans would come from are in 'lock down'.

Hopefully it'll be a resounding success in England though which will make Mark's decision easier for him.
Caerphilly and RCT might have had their restrictions lifted by the time we get the go ahead.
If not it might be a case of only allowing fans from within Cardiff and say VoG / Bridgend to attend.

Mushy Peas

Wales Regular
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
282 69 23
Credits
But even if the current local restrictions aren’t effective, and this second wave does arrive, then given how much more knowledge we have, how much more prepared we are than we were in March, how used to it we’ve become, the apparently much lower rates of people getting seriously ill or dying, it surely cannot possibly be anywhere near as bad as the first one. Given all that, I just can’t see us having to have an actual lockdown (such that it is).
Geriau doeth hen ffrind, chwarae teg:aya:

StDavidsWorld