Nine league defeats out of ten – have Cardiff City ever been this bad at home?

the other bob wilson

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Agree with much of this, the unfair criticism of Smithies, the withdrawal of Harris, how much more effective Ng looked on the left, and the fussy referee who was booking players on both sides for really innocuous challenges.
On the inability to use our possession effectively, it reminds me a little of Wales in the 2018 qualifiers, when sides realised that if they sat back and let us have the ball, we struggled to break them down. Even after Giggs came in and changed formation we still suffered the same problem. That was until he introduced Kieffer Moore which gave us something different. Of course we have Kieffer, we just don’t have the quality of service he gets when he plays for Wales. Giles provided some of that but he really hasn’t been getting it from elsewhere, sort that out and maybe we’ll be ok.

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
City dominate possession, but struggle to create chances against an ordinary looking Blackburn.

i was wondering where your quiz was, never mind i look forward them :thumbup:

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
City dominate possession, but struggle to create chances against an ordinary looking Blackburn.

Bob I usually agree with most of what you say and always enjoy reading your articles.
But I am surprised how negative this is based on the performance yesterday.
This season, and much of last, you have regularly called for 2 things: Firstly a better style of play, particularly the avoidance of route 1 hit and hope football. Secondly the introduction of youth - particularly from the academy.

In the last 2 matches we have played two of the best teams in the division. We have matched both of the them, playing a much more attractive and constructive style of football. IMO we were unlucky not to have had 4 points from these games.
We all know that the senior players in the squad have been useless and that their ability to pass the ball is beyond limited. But these are not players Morison brought here. We are in a relegation battle and it is unfair to put the burden of staying up solely on our youngsters. He is using them but not putting all the responsibility on them.

I didn't like the way he called out Isaak Davies and he comes over as arrogant at times. But so did Murinho Ferguson and Clough. I'm in no way comparing him to them but self belief is important. For someone who has never managed before what he is trying to takes bollox - if he fails he is out of a job at the end of the season. i think he has made a lot of changes for the better but the priority must be to stay up. Some of our youngsters have great potential and in my view he is using them in the right way.

the other bob wilson

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
Bob I usually agree with most of what you say and always enjoy reading your articles.
This season, and much of last, you have regularly called for 2 things: Firstly a better style of play, particularly the avoidance of route 1 hit and hope football. Secondly the introduction of youth - particularly from the academy.

In the last 2 matches we have played two of the best teams in the division. We have matched both of the them, playing a much more attractive and constructive style of football. IMO we were unlucky not to have had 4 points from these games.
We all know that the senior players in the squad have been useless and that their ability to pass the ball is beyond limited. But these are not players Morison brought here. We are in a relegation battle and it is unfair to put the burden of staying up solely on our youngsters. He is using them but not putting all the responsibility on them.

I didn't like the way he called out Isaak Davies and he comes over as arrogant at times. But so did Murinho Ferguson and Clough. I'm in no way comparing him to them but self belief is important. For someone who has never managed before what he is trying to takes bollox - if he fails he is out of a job at the end of the season. i think he has made a lot of changes for the better but the priority must be to stay up. Some of our youngsters have great potential and in my view he is using them in the right way.
I think I've already set out what most of my answer to you would be in a reply I've just made in the thread on our manager's post match comments. Morison's comments on Isaak Davies have affected my perception of him no doubt, but, even if he hadn't said anything then, I'm a bit concerned that he is losing his nerve somewhat both in terms of the number of attack minded players he selects (it's only been two recently) and his declining use of the younger players who, with the possible exception of Joe Ralls at times, are the ones who have been showing the creativity to split defences in open play.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
I think I've already set out what most of my answer to you would be in a reply I've just made in the thread on our manager's post match comments. Morison's comments on Isaak Davies have affected my perception of him no doubt, but, even if he hadn't said anything then, I'm a bit concerned that he is losing his nerve somewhat both in terms of the number of attack minded players he selects (it's only been two recently) and his declining use of the younger players who, with the possible exception of Joe Ralls at times, are the ones who have been showing the creativity to split defences in open play.

How much of this decline in attacking players down to the fact that maybe we don't have the players to play the style Morison wants at Championship level? We were leaking loads of goals and are 7 worse off than Hull, so practically a point. I know a lot of that is from Mick's time, but we had to come from 3 down and 2 down for some draws. Maybe Morison is slowly realising our limitations at this level. :fedup:

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits

You can argue his managerial career rests on this. He's been thrust in, maybe didn't really want it? Maybe he did. But, the key thing at stake for Morison is his reputation. He doesn't have the luxury of being mid-table, he needs points on the table and, that's where he is in conflict with himself because we probably have players to eke out wins by playing ugly long ball football. But, doing that taints him as someone of the same cloth as McCarthy and Warnock.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now