💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Despite being a Panini sticker nerd as a kid, I've just realised I'd never actually studied their badge before.

That castle wall through Norwich is impressive mind. I've driven round it possibly 100 times now and it can take about 40 mins depending on your route and the traffic.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Rapist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ JOEL BAGAN
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
DALMAN & CHOO OUT!
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Despite being a Panini sticker nerd as a kid, I've just realised I'd never actually studied their badge before.

That castle wall through Norwich is impressive mind. I've driven round it possibly 100 times now and it can take about 40 mins depending on your route and the traffic.
Btec Blue Matt

lardy

biggest fucking hypocrite on the internet
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits

Yeah there's not much to do in Norwich, is there?

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits

Had to delve into the archives for that, enough said!

Actually Norwich is quite a nice place, but it's not worth the effort it takes to get there.

Martin John

Ballon d'Or Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Looking at Norwich fans complain about such a small change (an improvement imo) makes me wonder how we ever let the rebrand happen

Costa Coffee Crew

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I think they have done a good job with this. Evolving the badge but remaining true to the history of the club. There are 3 main reasons why clubs change their badges:
  • The need to simplify badges in the digital age.
  • The need to ensure the badge is trademark protected.
  • A bonkers Chairman decides it should be so.
The first 2 are valid.

On the subject of changing badges I am surprised the latest version of the Wales badge did not attract more criticism. When the traditional badge was changed in 2010, my understanding was that the main reason was to ensure the new badge could be trademark protected as protections on the old badge had run out. When it was changed again in 2019 my guess is that the main reason was to simplify the mark. But IMO this wasn't necessary. And even if it was, I think the new badge / logo is too much of a departure. To me it looks like a Bavarian Beer Keller.

Most of what the FAW has done in marketing branding and communication has been excellent but this was a mistake.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Looking at Norwich fans complain about such a small change (an improvement imo) makes me wonder how we ever let the rebrand happen
Most fans were up in arms. There was a march and a shit load of complaining but how do you stop a megalomaniac?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Most of the hardcore fans, but I still saw thousands of red shirts/scarfs in the crowd
It made me sick when they handed out red scarves and plenty were happy to take them. The fact they had to give them away showed how desperate they were

lardy

❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Fantasy Football 21/22
Fantasy Football 18/19
Credits
I hated the rebrand as much as anyone else, but really what could the fans do? It was the games authorities who had some clout to say no.

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
I think they have done a good job with this. Evolving the badge but remaining true to the history of the club. There are 3 main reasons why clubs change their badges:
  • The need to simplify badges in the digital age.
  • The need to ensure the badge is trademark protected.
  • A bonkers Chairman decides it should be so.
The first 2 are valid.

On the subject of changing badges I am surprised the latest version of the Wales badge did not attract more criticism. When the traditional badge was changed in 2010, my understanding was that the main reason was to ensure the new badge could be trademark protected as protections on the old badge had run out. When it was changed again in 2019 my guess is that the main reason was to simplify the mark. But IMO this wasn't necessary. And even if it was, I think the new badge / logo is too much of a departure. To me it looks like a Bavarian Beer Keller.

Most of what the FAW has done in marketing branding and communication has been excellent but this was a mistake.
I love the design they came up with for the new Wales dragon.

It's simple yet it says it all, for me it's an iconic design, I think it was very nicely done and I'm quite proud to see it on flags and shirts.

Just imagine how shit it could've been.

screenshot-1570.jpg

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I love the design they came up with for the new Wales dragon.

It's simple yet it says it all, for me it's an iconic design, I think it was very nicely done and I'm quite proud to see it on flags and shirts.

Just imagine how shit it could've been.

screenshot-1570.jpg
I preferred the old badge but warming to this one slowly. I think it's a real shame to lose Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae but guess it makes sense from a branding perspective

Glos Blue

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 22/23
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🎰 HIGHEST ROLLER 🎰
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
💰 BIGGEST WIN 💰
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
I preferred the old badge but warming to this one slowly. I think it's a real shame to lose Gorau chwarae cyd chwarae but guess it makes sense from a branding perspective
It’s now on the back of the shirts but I agree, it’s a shame to take it off the badge.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now