Planning Application Made For Llanrumney Sports Complex

philstantsrifle

Player of the Month
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
354 107 2
Credits
Agree. It’s been a long time coming and is much needed. The next step has got to be finally competing the link road from southern way to the docks. Cardiff will then finally have a decent ring road.
It looks like the Parkway station won’t be too long away either, that will surely take a fair bit of traffic off the roads.
M4 relief road linked up to a rover way dual carriageway would elevate all of the east Cardiff congestion.

Why haven’t the council completed the ring road though? Is there an official reason?? It surely can’t be those lovable families living opposite the steelworks obstructing the development.

philstantsrifle

Player of the Month
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
354 107 2
Credits
It’s actually only 1.2km long. I don’t know if you’re aware, but that small stretch of dual carriageway cost £57m!!!
I agree - it’s great. I’ve been travelling back and forth to the bay daily from east Cardiff for about 15 years (pre Covid), and that new road would save me a good 6/7 mins on my journey into work. But rover way at 4:30/5pm is a no go zone... it’s marginally quicker to crawl back up newport road in the traffic than brave the queues/ get stuck behind teenagers racing their horse and carts on rover way.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
👌👌👌 1000 PAGER 👌👌👌
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🏅 LIFETIME
ACHIEVEMENT 🏅
I ❤ NEIL HARRIS
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
Reaction score
Reactions
79,952 756 52
Credits
M4 relief road linked up to a rover way dual carriageway would elevate all of the east Cardiff congestion.

Why haven’t the council completed the ring road though? Is there an official reason?? It surely can’t be those lovable families living opposite the steelworks obstructing the development.
The steelworks could be the problem, they have those big trucks crossing the road, plus there’s a high voltage sub station roadside there. And where would the pikeys tie up their horses :hehe:

Last edited:

philstantsrifle

Player of the Month
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Reaction score
Reactions
354 107 2
Credits
The steelworks could be the problem, they have those big trucks crossing the road, plus there’s a high voltage sub station roadside there. And where would the pikeys tie up there horses :hehe:
yes... that’s a fairly obvious point that I missed. A bridge over the steel works crossing would cost a bomb.And those horses on a dual carriageway would cause chaos.....

BSP

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
16,646 257 28
Credits
I agree - it’s great. I’ve been travelling back and forth to the bay daily from east Cardiff for about 15 years (pre Covid), and that new road would save me a good 6/7 mins on my journey into work. But rover way at 4:30/5pm is a no go zone... it’s marginally quicker to crawl back up newport road in the traffic than brave the queues/ get stuck behind teenagers racing their horse and carts on rover way.
There’s no easy way, but I always go through Splott / Tremorfa if I have to make that journey at busy times.
That Parkway station is going to be a god send for east Cardiff. On top of that the plan is to create a local line from the east, linking onto the city line then onto a new line to Creigau.

Lawnmower

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Reaction score
Reactions
1,752 334 3
Credits
On the bright side, the pitches can also be used for Water Polo, surfing, waterskiing etc...
yes... that’s a fairly obvious point that I missed. A bridge over the steel works crossing would cost a bomb.And those horses on a dual carriageway would cause chaos.....
I’ve travelled in to Tremorfa and Seawall Rd for 26 years now. I get in early so the traffic isn’t bad then, but getting home is a crawl.

Has been a lot better since the COVID crisis.

Rover Way is a nightmare, and surely they could use some of the land from the steelworks as it looks like a lot of it is wasted anyway.

However you will only be moving the problem on to Southern Way.

Maybe the bridge in Llanrumney will take a bit of traffic away, but got me the easiest improvement would be to allow traffic at the Llanederyn interchange use the ( completely empty) bus lane if they are turning left.

This is the pinch point where the queuing starts and does my head in !

The other issue is the lights by Tesco. They often cause a backlog.

The odd scrap wagon parked in the road so a couple of travellers can have a chat and God help us a gypsy funeral don’t help either 😂

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now

Members online

On the forum