Question for android phone/tablet users

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
How the hell do you turn off notifications for the offline finding/find my phone notifications? The bloody notifications are going off anything up to every 15 mins and it's doing my nut in.

It's only been happening the last few days on both phone and tablet. I'm not aware of having any software updates recently. Having looked online, it just says to toggle off the notifications, but can't do it cos it's greyed out and not letting me switch the notifications off.

Anyone else had this and found a fix for it?

UnderstatedEnlightenedAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
How the hell do you turn off notifications for the offline finding/find my phone notifications? The bloody notifications are going off anything up to every 15 mins and it's doing my nut in.

It's only been happening the last few days on both phone and tablet. I'm not aware of having any software updates recently. Having looked online, it just says to toggle off the notifications, but can't do it cos it's greyed out and not letting me switch the notifications off.

Anyone else had this and found a fix for it?

UnderstatedEnlightenedAmericanalligator-size_restricted.gif
Don't know if it will help, but you can turn off notifications through the Lock Screen tab in settings

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Don't know if it will help, but you can turn off notifications through the Lock Screen tab in settings

Wouldn't that turn off all notifications, which is something I don't want to do, as it's useful for emails etc?

Haven't long switched off the tracking that Google saw fit to follow my every movement on. Not that I've got anything to be hiding from them, but still, it didn't sit right with me that they knew exactly every place I'd been to since last April.

Ainsley Harriott

Give your meat a good ol' rub
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
Do you still want 'find my phone' to be on? So just notifications off?

Or can the whole thing go?

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Wouldn't that turn off all notifications, which is something I don't want to do, as it's useful for emails etc?

Haven't long switched off the tracking that Google saw fit to follow my every movement on. Not that I've got anything to be hiding from them, but still, it didn't sit right with me that they knew exactly every place I'd been to since last April.
Probably, but maybe if you did that would it un-grey the other button????

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Probably, but maybe if you did that would it un-grey the other button????

Nope. Just tried and it's still not letting me toggle off the offline finding notifications from find my phone. Makes it even more annoying when I'm actually holding/using the phone or tablet when it sends these notifications

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Nope. Just tried and it's still not letting me toggle off the offline finding notifications from find my phone. Makes it even more annoying when I'm actually holding/using the phone or tablet when it sends these notifications
Is there a stand alone app that can be deleted?

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Do you still want 'find my phone' to be on? So just notifications off?

Or can the whole thing go?

Want the whole thing to go if possible. I know where my bloody phone is, it's in my hand, pocket or sat right next to me, so don't need their help to find it. There just doesn't seem to be any way of deleting the sodding thing though

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Want the whole thing to go if possible. I know where my bloody phone is, it's in my hand, pocket or sat right next to me, so don't need their help to find it. There just doesn't seem to be any way of deleting the sodding thing though
Crossed with my post, but isn't the app "Find my Device"? Just delete that in Settings?

Ainsley Harriott

Give your meat a good ol' rub
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
Credits
Settings > Security > Find My Device > Toggle off at the top.

If you have an app too:

Settings > Apps > Apps > find the app > Notifications > Toggle "Allow Notifications" off.

Does that work?

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

If you have an app too:

Settings > Apps > Apps > find the app > Notifications > Toggle "Allow Notifications" off.

Does that work?

Was the first thing I tried. Like I've said it doesn't let me toggle off any of the settings for it. The force stop doesn't work either.

The phone has given me the option of reverting back to the factory 'Finder' app, whatever that is. So will see if that makes any difference. Although that also doesn't seem to allow notifications to be toggled off either

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

If you have an app too:

Does that work?
I can see the first option on my phone :thumbup:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now