NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
What do we all think about Ramsey's future at the club? He has a 2 year contract, and although we barely saw him this season, I still think it made sense to sign him.

I am not expecting us to see any more of him next season than we did this, and even though we would only be guessing on how much he is on, we'd probably get more game time from others on a similar wage.

But, he must have a future at the club. He still has pulling power, he is still a big name, and he is about to start the next chapter of his sporting life. I think that, unlike Bale, he does have plans to stay in the game in the future. His own lad is on the books at the club. Is the club missing an opportunity, here, to get Ramsey on some coaching courses, and to get him a role at the club for the longer term? There's no guarantee that he'd be a great coach or manager, but he has a winning mentality. He may be too nice to be a manager, who knows, but I think it would be a lot easier to persuade people to join the club, whether that's at Academy Level or higher, with someone like Ramsey around.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
What do we all think about Ramsey's future at the club? He has a 2 year contract, and although we barely saw him this season, I still think it made sense to sign him.

I am not expecting us to see any more of him next season than we did this, and even though we would only be guessing on how much he is on, we'd probably get more game time from others on a similar wage.

But, he must have a future at the club. He still has pulling power, he is still a big name, and he is about to start the next chapter of his sporting life. I think that, unlike Bale, he does have plans to stay in the game in the future. His own lad is on the books at the club. Is the club missing an opportunity, here, to get Ramsey on some coaching courses, and to get him a role at the club for the longer term? There's no guarantee that he'd be a great coach or manager, but he has a winning mentality. He may be too nice to be a manager, who knows, but I think it would be a lot easier to persuade people to join the club, whether that's at Academy Level or higher, with someone like Ramsey around.
Would depend what he wants to do but even in an ambassador role showing prospective players round the club he'd be an asset.

It seems so hot and miss who gets an opportunity and who does well as a manager but Rambo has played at the top level, is bright and seems charismatic so I wouldn't bet against him being a successful manager if his heart was in it.

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
Would depend what he wants to do but even in an ambassador role showing prospective players round the club he'd be an asset.

It seems so hot and miss who gets an opportunity and who does well as a manager but Rambo has played at the top level, is bright and seems charismatic so I wouldn't bet against him being a successful manager if his heart was in it.

I wouldn't really want to be looking at Rambo doing well at a similar sized club and wondering "what if?" like we had with Toshack. He'd have plenty of contacts, and probably a fair few team mates will be managing in the future too.

HotshotHamish

Club and Country Superstar
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
If he fit and healthy he’s still one of the best midfielders in the championship
When he strings a run of games together he’s still very, very good
Forget about future roles just hope we can keep him fit and get 30 games out of him next season

toobluetobeblue

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
If he fit and healthy he’s still one of the best midfielders in the championship
When he strings a run of games together he’s still very, very good
Forget about future roles just hope we can keep him fit and get 30 games out of him next season
Even 20/25 games would be acceptable imo, but if he doesn't play, much like the season gone, the cost won't match the return, on the pitch at least.
Wonder what he is thinking, future wise:shrug2: Would he be interested in staying on here? If so it's a no brainer, get him his badges, and give him the u 21 team to start with, he has worked with some top managers, so surely would have picked up a few tips etc.:aya:

stantys tattoos

never sober
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
PICKEM 21/22 WINNER
PICKEM 19/20 WINNER
GTA 22/23 WINNER
~LMS Belarus~
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🔥 FIREMAN STANT 🔥
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

giphy (56).gif

Credits
I think he still has a lot to offer as a player. If we get 20 games out of him next season I would take that given his age and how prone he is to injuries. Great for the club to have such a skilled and experienced player in the dressing room but for now lets concentrate on his playing abilities for next season and worry about his future roles when he hangs up his boots.

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Fucking get shot of him.

I'd love a job where I'm on about 15k a week and have about 10% attendance sitting on my arse at home

Fuck me football fans are deluded mun.
He tucking us up more than a tory mp ffs

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Fucking get shot of him.

I'd love a job where I'm on about 15k a week and have about 10% attendance sitting on my arse at home

Fuck me football fans are deluded mun.
He tucking us up more than a tory mp ffs

Glad you've finally seen the light.

Nugent

***Top 10 poster***
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
₡ BOOKIES ₡
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🚗 MARIO KLARTS 🚗
Credits
Glad you've finally seen the light.
It's why I don't go to watch em anymore.
Overpaid wankers, sitting in mid table.
Walking into stadiums with beatz headphones and sliders n socks on.

Fucking Poofs mun.

I'll only go back when they deserve it. Fighting for promotion

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits

Fucking Poofs mun.

Norris Cole

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits

Fucking Poofs mun.

Plastic Pete is off again.

Bazzle Shizzlepizzle

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits

I’m pretty certain Rambo is already doing his coaching badges. I don’t really go with this idea that you have to be a bit of a bastard to be a manager, I understand where the idea comes from but aI just don’t buy it. What Rambo has is great experience at the highest level at club level and internationally, but he’s also an intelligent lad. I think he could have a good future in the game when he hangs his boots up.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I’m pretty certain Rambo is already doing his coaching badges. I don’t really go with this idea that you have to be a bit of a bastard to be a manager, I understand where the idea comes from but aI just don’t buy it. What Rambo has is great experience at the highest level at club level and internationally, but he’s also an intelligent lad. I think he could have a good future in the game when he hangs his boots up.
I think there was a time where being a bastard as a manager helped but get the impression that's not tolerated anymore.

Bazzle Shizzlepizzle

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
I think there was a time where being a bastard as a manager helped but get the impression that's not tolerated anymore.
When you see the work that goes into some of these coaching ideas, formations and tactics and how complicated they are nowadays, you really need to have a brain in your head to be able to create and implement them and get your modern footballer to understand them. Football is no longer a simple game at the highest levels.

steve davies

Just a misunderstood slap head
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 20 PAGER 🗐
Credits
You are right he is doing his coaching badges and will be a big influence at the academy going forward. he will in the next 12 months take over the running of the academy with the main aim of trying to stop the drain of young talent leaving wales to play over the bridge. the amount of players we lose to the two Bristol clubs plus surprisingly Southampton is criminal

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
When you see the work that goes into some of these coaching ideas, formations and tactics and how complicated they are nowadays, you really need to have a brain in your head to be able to create and implement them and get your modern footballer to understand them. Football is no longer a simple game at the highest levels.
Think there's also a broader societal thing going on most likely. Also pre Bosman the manager had control over your career - now players know they'll get paid either way, the manager probably won't last longer than them and the club won't want to pay a fortune for a player being frozen out by the manager. Would be very hard to rule by fear in the modern game

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
It all depends how much we're paying him, it really is that simple.

If the rumours are to be believed, we're paying from £0 to £80k a week (with or without shirt sales/sponsors etc).

A question nobody can answer.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
It all depends how much we're paying him, it really is that simple.

If the rumours are to be believed, we're paying from £0 to £80k a week (with or without shirt sales/sponsors etc).

A question nobody can answer.
Me and Henry know but if I told you I'd have to kill you

Bazzle Shizzlepizzle

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
You are right he is doing his coaching badges and will be a big influence at the academy going forward. he will in the next 12 months take over the running of the academy with the main aim of trying to stop the drain of young talent leaving wales to play over the bridge. the amount of players we lose to the two Bristol clubs plus surprisingly Southampton is criminal
Is this true. Fantastic news if it is.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Recent Posts

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now