⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
A proper thread for restaurants and eateries in and around Cardiff.

We've skirted around the topic a bit on here so I thought it might be good to have a proper dedicated thread which I'll kick off now with a sublime recommendation.

Culley's restaurant at the Coal Exchange has been mentioned on here before and today me, the missus and the little 'un went to give it a go.

28OeWBw.jpg

Lovely place, nicely decorated and not too busy today.

sRTebDF.jpg

oaa7lbd.jpg

Me and the missus went for the £12 a head Sunday Roast which was absolutely delicious, easily the best Sunday dinner I've ever eaten. Gorgeous meat, perfectly cooked veg and lovely gravy.

4iFMn9o.jpg

Service was a bit slow considering that it wasn't busy but the food is absolutely 10 out of 10.

The little 'un went for the burger and fries which looked great and she enjoyed very much. We all opted for the chocolate brownies for dessert which also was lovely.

In total with our drinks and my cappuccino the bill came to £62 and was worth every penny. Great surroundings and great food.

KKOInO5.png

Mad Al

Dwarf Quiz Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
A few of my favourite eating places in town
DorothysFishBar-Cardiff-UK.jpg
img_20171220_1317060191186303305.jpg
front-new-1024x571.jpg

And I miss this place, it was very old school and nice grub at reasonable prices, shame it's gone as it was a Cardiff institution, The Louis.

92_big.jpg

Mad Al

Dwarf Quiz Winner
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🏁 50 PAGER 🏁
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Always had a good curry in here, The Eurasian Canton
GZncaHCYO7sehYLQ9PXqEq_YEE60aWO0EMH6ua0LrIVc3KyMAJ.jpg

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Looks a nice place that @Colonel Cardiffi

Not sure about the tray it’s served in mind or is that for 2 people and then you dish it out yourself onto plates?

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Looks like a prison tray :hehe:
Yeah it does :hehe:

It might not look like it but all the food served in that oven tray is already portioned out for 2 people, there's 2 big chunks of beef and two pieces of chicken with stuffing underneath it, 2 yorkshire puds etc

Absolutely everything in that tray is delicious as well, normally there'll be one or two things I didn't fancy much but everything was spot on, well worth the £12 a head.

EDIT: And plenty of gravy as well, proper meat gravy. Some places skimp on gravy for some reason but not here.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
upload_2019-9-15_20-5-25.jpeg

Delboyo

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ JASON PERRY
Credits

We've skirted around the topic a bit on here so I thought it might be good to have a proper dedicated thread which I'll kick off now with a sublime recommendation.

Culley's restaurant at the Coal Exchange has been mentioned on here before and today me, the missus and the little 'un went to give it a go.

28OeWBw.jpg

sRTebDF.jpg

oaa7lbd.jpg

Me and the missus went for the £12 a head Sunday Roast which was absolutely delicious, easily the best Sunday dinner I've ever eaten. Gorgeous meat, perfectly cooked veg and lovely gravy.

4iFMn9o.jpg

Service was a bit slow considering that it wasn't busy but the food is absolutely 10 out of 10.

The little 'un went for the burger and fries which looked great and she enjoyed very much. We all opted for the chocolate brownies for dessert which also was lovely.

In total with our drinks and my cappuccino the bill came to £62 and was worth every penny. Great surroundings and great food.

KKOInO5.png

Looks lovely but 62£ for posh Sunday Dinner and a burger.

:disgust:

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Yeah it does :hehe:

It might not look like it but all the food served in that oven tray is already portioned out for 2 people, there's 2 big chunks of beef and two pieces of chicken with stuffing underneath it, 2 yorkshire puds etc

Absolutely everything in that tray is delicious as well, normally there'll be one or two things I didn't fancy much but everything was spot on, well worth the £12 a head.

EDIT: And plenty of gravy as well, proper meat gravy. Some places skimp on gravy for some reason but not here.
I’m sold :thumbup:

Hartley

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Looks lovely but 62£ for posh Sunday Dinner and a burger.

:disgust:
Price of eating out these days with kids. It’s the drinks they really rip you off. 3 quid plus for a can of San Pellegrino soda in some places. Disgraceful.

Don’t get much change from 80 quid for a family of 4 going to places like Nando’s or Frankie & Bennies.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
GTA 21/22 WINNER
Credits
Always had a good curry in here, The Eurasian Canton
GZncaHCYO7sehYLQ9PXqEq_YEE60aWO0EMH6ua0LrIVc3KyMAJ.jpg
When I worked in Portcullis House I worked with this mad bloke from Aberdare who always insisted that we go out "for an Eurasian" after a night out in town. Aah I was innocent then!

Last edited:

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Price of eating out these days with kids. It’s the drinks they really rip you off. 3 quid plus for a can of San Pellegrino soda in some places. Disgraceful.

Don’t get much change from 80 quid for a family of 4 going to places like Nando’s or Frankie & Bennies.

Are you trying to wind me up?

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits

28OeWBw.jpg

sRTebDF.jpg

oaa7lbd.jpg

4iFMn9o.jpg

KKOInO5.png

Sounds ok. Might pop in and try the place.

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Chai Street in Canton is good for a quick pop in and out type of place. I know places like this are springing up all over the shop but this one has both an interesting menu and they produce healthy food too. There’s also one in town and on Wellfield Road.
C4F4EB2F-A257-47D4-BFB7-3022453F7896.jpeg

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
Chai Street in Canton is good for a quick pop in and out type of place. I know places like this are springing up all over the shop but this one has both an interesting menu and they produce healthy food too. There’s also one in town and on Wellfield Road.
C4F4EB2F-A257-47D4-BFB7-3022453F7896.jpeg
Looks like an interesting place.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now