☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
3,359 289 266
Credits
That's a ridiculous analogy. He owned the company, it was a business decision, but another example of someone having the right to free speech but then living with the consequences of voicing it.

That's all I've been trying to say - there is freedom to say what you want provided you are prepared to live with the consequences.
We are at cross purposes on this TH. I maintain that in both cases it was mass media backlash, which caused Ratners to cease trading and it was mass media backlash, which led to Iceland taking the decision to jettison their director.

The artificial mass media frenzy in both cases, created a situation where reputational damage finished Ratner's company, 28 years ago and the imminent threat of reputational damage to Iceland, led to the directors departure.

Ratner knew very well that he was selling crap, he was the one buying it. With Iceland they knew about their directors blog, his opinions on Wales, as well as his opinions on Scotland, but they chose to ignore it for years.

Dr Lecter

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
5,965 28 24
Credits
We are at cross purposes on this TH. I maintain that in both cases it was mass media backlash, which caused Ratners to cease trading and it was mass media backlash, which led to Iceland taking the decision to jettison their director.

The artificial mass media frenzy in both cases, created a situation where reputational damage finished Ratner's company, 28 years ago and the imminent threat of reputational damage to Iceland, led to the directors departure.

Ratner knew very well that he was selling crap, he was the one buying it. With Iceland they knew about their directors blog, his opinions on Wales, as well as his opinions on Scotland, but they chose to ignore it for years.
:towel:

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
3,359 289 266
Credits
I think @Worse and @QM Redux need to "read the room" here.

Maybe confine your ongoing feud to the bickering thread, calm it down a bit or put each other on ignore. When your squabbles of a detrimental effect on other people and the board, it's time to take a step back.
Really, maybe you should be asking why someone joined in July, then spent a great deal of time targeting one member on here, trawling through social media pages, like Facebook and Twitter making hundreds of obsessive, malicious, false allegations and accusations.

You know the score, because you removed two posts that were clearly nothing but malicious slander.
The history of using this forum to make deeply slanderous allegations, about someone he doesn't even know, is there for anyone who cares to check.

One of the first posts was to the Colonel, :shrug2:pointing out that he would be very unhappy to find out that Worse was Splott Dave etc, etc.

I've seen the modus operandi he employs, used hundreds of times on Twitter, by very small groups of extremist poltical activists.

To view the identical tactics used, you only have to go on Twitter and look at the activist groups and individuals, who are dog piling onto Prof David Miller of Bristol Uni.

Roy Cok

Ballon d'Or Winner
☘☘☘ 300 PAGER ☘☘☘
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Reaction score
Reactions
6,055 48 12
Credits
Really, maybe you should be asking why someone joined in July, then spent a great deal of time targeting one member on here, trawling through social media pages, like Facebook and Twitter making hundreds of obsessive, malicious, false allegations and accusations.

You know the score, because you removed two posts that were clearly nothing but malicious slander.
The history of using this forum to make deeply slanderous allegations, about someone he doesn't even know, is there for anyone who cares to check.

One of the first posts was to the Colonel, :shrug2:pointing out that he would be very unhappy to find out that Worse was Splott Dave etc, etc.

I've seen the modus operandi he employs, used hundreds of times on Twitter, by very small groups of extremist poltical activists.

To view the identical tactics used, you only have to go on Twitter and look at the activist groups and individuals, who are dog piling onto Prof David Miller of Bristol Uni.

Fuck off with it all Dai you're boring people.

Roy Cok

Ballon d'Or Winner
☘☘☘ 300 PAGER ☘☘☘
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Reaction score
Reactions
6,055 48 12
Credits
Can I vote to ban Dai and QM arguing the Jew stuff for a week? I'd press yes quicker than Mrs.R could butter a Mexican Chicken Oval Bite.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
Reaction score
Reactions
16,256 202 38
Credits

It's match day. Can we just call a truce for the day?
A day with no drama ?
Apart from a 94th minute winner for City of course!

steve davies

Just a misunderstood slap head
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
🗐🗐 20 PAGER 🗐🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
8,835 947 28
Credits
here we go again a thread about nugent invaded by the dynamic duo with their personal spats. drags the board down in my humble opinion cant you just DM each other to death :shrug2:

QM Redux

Ballon d'Or Winner
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,121 102 282
Credits
Can I vote to ban Dai and QM arguing the Jew stuff for a week? I'd press yes quicker than Mrs.R could butter a Mexican Chicken Oval Bite.
Well, if that means he doesn't spout his crap thus not necessitating a rebuttal, great.

Means he start talking abut football mind, and he's clueless at that too.

QM Redux

Ballon d'Or Winner
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,121 102 282
Credits
here we go again a thread about nugent invaded by the dynamic duo with their personal spats. drags the board down in my humble opinion cant you just DM each other to death :shrug2:
Point of order; he made factually incorrect statements, I corrected the main one.

If I was being nit picky I'd have pointed out he's too thick to know slander refers to spoken word not written.

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
☘☘☘ 300 PAGER ☘☘☘
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
38,582 1,115 114
Credits
Really, maybe you should be asking why someone joined in July, then spent a great deal of time targeting one member on here, trawling through social media pages, like Facebook and Twitter making hundreds of obsessive, malicious, false allegations and accusations

Well actually maybe you should be understanding when I’m being a poster and when I’m being a moderator and quick.

We let a hell of a lot go on here, it’s NOT North Korea and when the mod team asks people nicely to do something, or not do something it would be nice if people abided by it.

Honestly, the last thing we like doing is getting all formal with warnings and deleting posts.
We get some things right and we get some things wrong but everything we do is for the good of the board.

Now I don’t want people to stop arguing with/debating/taking the piss out of TH the poster, but I do ask that people listen to TH the moderator so I don’t have to go full Kim jong un

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
3,359 289 266
Credits
Saturday Night Live, a show devoted to comedy and comedians on US TV, is the latest outlet to come under fire from
those who would censor free speech.

QM Redux

Ballon d'Or Winner
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
1,121 102 282
Credits
1) The "joke" was antisemitic, did you not notice that Splotty?
2) It was also based upon lies given the vaccination statistics and demographics of Israel.

Have a nice day!

TH63

_______
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
☘☘☘ 300 PAGER ☘☘☘
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KIEFFER MOORE
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
PICKEM World Cup 2nd
Reaction score
Reactions
38,582 1,115 114
Credits
Wasn't even aware of this until you posted this.

Quick search for Saturday night live under "news" on google, came up with a "The Times of Israel" article which was critical of the joke.

Still, at least nobody got beheaded over it

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Reaction score
Reactions
6,808 757 11
Credits
Was anyone else not completed staggered to discover that this is a very thinly veiled excuse to post a 5-minute video rant about Israeli human right violations?

I don't really understand why Splotty wants to dedicate so much time to "educating" the members of a football message board on this stuff, especially when he has spent many years cultivating precisely zero credibility with that membership. Surely if one wished to wage some kind of anti-Israel campaign, there would be thousands of more productive places to do it?

Dr Lecter

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
5,965 28 24
Credits
Was anyone else not completed staggered to discover that this is a very thinly veiled excuse to post a 5-minute video rant about Israeli human right violations?

I don't really understand why Splotty wants to dedicate so much time to "educating" the members of a football message board on this stuff, especially when he has spent many years cultivating precisely zero credibility with that membership. Surely if one wished to wage some kind of anti-Israel campaign, there would be thousands of more productive places to do it?
Pretty sure he’s banned from other platforms though (Twitter etc.) on account of him being exactly what he professes to despise.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now