Season Tickets.

Will you be buying a season ticket for the 2021/22 season?

• I'm a current season ticket holder and I'll be renewing

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I'm a current season ticket holder and I won't be renewing

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I'm not a current season ticket holder but I'll be buying one this year

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'm not a current season ticket holder and I'll not be buying one this year

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Anonymous Poll

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
For the 2nd season running Season Tickets for the following year haven't gone on sale before the end of the current campaign.

With no word yet on whether fans will be allowed into grounds for the start of the new season pitching the sale of tickets must be very difficult for the club.

Then there's the fact that all current season ticket holders will be due a rebate on their current tickets, the amount of which will depend on whether they took
the streaming option or not.

Swansea are offering all current season ticket holders renewal for £99 which is great value (despite having to watch Swansea) but not something I think Cardiff
can do due to the different rebates people will be getting.

I think Cardiff should sell very cheap season tickets to *everyone* this year in an attempt to fill the ground and get people into the habit of attending games again (and
in turn hope they renew at full price the following season), though the problem with that is they may have to actually refund money to people who didn't claim their
streaming token.

All in all it's going to be a difficult season for the club financially with no parachute payments and minimum season ticket takings.

Anyone not renewing you was a holder this year? Anyone not a holder this year but are going to buy a ticket for next season?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
It'll depend on the circumstances for me. I've had a ST since 2001. I'm happy to renew if the price is right [which I'm sure it will be] but I'd like to know how much chance I have of going in person and its tricky for anyone to provide any certainly. All the indicators suggest to me the price will be fair and I'll be able to go in person but I'll be keeping a watching brief and decide close to price deadlines. I don't think I envisaged watching the whole of this season through my laptop and phone.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
I’ll be renewing. My understanding is that I get a rebate/credit for next season, less the £10 a game streaming thing.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I’ll be renewing. My understanding is that I get a rebate/credit for next season, less the £10 a game streaming thing.

Ah, but if you had even one home game streaming, then every home game will be used - ie £10 for each of our home games will come off the credit.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits

Aye, any current season ticket holders would be daft not to renew this year unless circumstance meant they couldn't attend.

I know a family of 4 who each have a ticket and they used their kids £50 ticket for the streaming pass.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
Ah, but if you had even one home game streaming, then every home game will be used - ie £10 for each of our home games will come off the credit.

Watch only one game and you get charged for 23 how is that?

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Watch only one game and you get charged for 23 how is that?

You agreed that you'd get £10 knocked off for every game fans were unable to attend.

"All 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders will be eligible to apply for a Cardiff City TV streaming pass, enabling them to watch the Bluebirds' home league matches while access to CCS is restricted.

In addition, to compensate for matches played behind closed doors, Season Ticket Holders applying for a streaming pass will also be entitled to a partial credit that can be used towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket.

This credit will be calculated from the pro-rata price of each behind-closed-doors match on your 2020/21 Season Ticket, minus the price of a Cardiff City TV Match Pass (£10) for each of these fixtures. Please note, £10 is the minimum Match Pass price permitted under the EFL’s newly agreed framework.

Alternatively, Season Ticket Holders may choose not to apply for a streaming pass, and will instead receive a full pro-rata credit against behind-closed-doors matches, for use towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket."

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits
You agreed that you'd get £10 knocked off for every game fans were unable to attend.

I watched 2 streamed games and it was shitty so I never bothered again so that cost me £230 is the right?

NumberAde

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✪✪✪ CHAMPION ✪✪✪
PICKEM 20/21 WINNER
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
💩 CRAP JOKE 2022 💩
Credits
I'm not sure how many clubs can survive if grounds remain closed, or only partially open, come August. A lot of clubs kicked the can down the road by selling season tickets last year. Some fans have credit for about 28 games.

The other thing is, how sure can we be that we can watch all 23 games at home? There could be a new variant that puts us all back into lockdown, there could be an arbitrary number of infections that trigger grounds getting closed.

All in all, a nightmare.

Travis Bickle

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🏁 1500 PAGER 🏁
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🏅 LIFETIME AWARD 🏅
£ RICHEST MEMBER £
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
👌 CARDIFF LEGEND 👌
🔥 500,000th POST 🔥
1 MILLION THREAD VIEWS
$ BANK $
Credits

Sir Barry Shitpeas

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Aye, any current season ticket holders would be daft not to renew this year unless circumstance meant they couldn't attend.

I know a family of 4 who each have a ticket and they used their kids £50 ticket for the streaming pass.

I made the idiotic mistake of using mine instead of one of my kids ones
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Yeah I know, that’s why I said “less the £10 a game”

Whilst I didn’t particularly enjoy the games, I feel like I did my bit to support the club.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Yeah I know, that’s why I said “less the £10 a game”

Whilst I didn’t particularly enjoy the games, I feel like I did my bit to support the club.

well, some didn't know that, unfortunately.

It was annoying for me, given the choice it was always Sky coverage for home games over the club stream but c'est la vie.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Ooh, one person not renewing. I knew I shouldn't have made it a secret vote.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
well, some didn't know that, unfortunately.

It was annoying for me, given the choice it was always Sky coverage for home games over the club stream but c'est la vie.
Really?

This is the email I received

With the 2020/21 Sky Bet Championship season set to commence behind closed doors, Cardiff City FC can provide the following options to Season Ticket Holders, following dialogue with its Supporters’ Club.

Option 1:
Apply for a streaming code to watch the Bluebirds' home league matches while access to CCS is restricted. In addition, to compensate for matches played behind closed doors, Season Ticket Holders applying for a streaming pass will also be entitled to a partial credit that can be used towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket.

Option 2: Season Ticket Holders may choose not to apply for a streaming pass, and will instead receive a full pro-rata credit against behind-closed-doors matches, for use towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket.​

The email contained the following link 2020/21 Season Tickets | Streaming Vouchers & Credit | Cardiff - https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news/202021-season-tickets-streaming-vouchers-credit?utm_source=STUpdate&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=streamcreditupdate

Follow the link and it clearly says:

"In addition, to compensate for matches played behind closed doors, Season Ticket Holders applying for a streaming pass will also be entitled to a partial credit that can be used towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket.

This credit will be calculated from the pro-rata price of each behind-closed-doors match on your 2020/21 Season Ticket, minus the price of a Cardiff City TV Match Pass (£10) for each of these fixtures. Please note, £10 is the minimum Match Pass price permitted under the EFL’s newly agreed framework.

Alternatively, Season Ticket Holders may choose not to apply for a streaming pass, and will instead receive a full pro-rata credit against behind-closed-doors matches, for use towards a 2021/22 Season Ticket."

I was "rolling the dice" a bit, I'll be honest. I was hoping we'd only miss a couple of games so it would only cost me £20/£30. With hindsight I might've acted differently in fairness

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Yeah, it was a definite gamble. It could well have been a logistical nightmare to allow ST holders to opt in to the pass on a per game basis, I guess.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now