Season Tickets.

Will you be buying a season ticket for the 2021/22 season?

• I'm a current season ticket holder and I'll be renewing

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • I'm a current season ticket holder and I won't be renewing

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I'm not a current season ticket holder but I'll be buying one this year

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I'm not a current season ticket holder and I'll not be buying one this year

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Anonymous Poll

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Yeah, it was a definite gamble. It could well have been a logistical nightmare to allow ST holders to opt in to the pass on a per game basis, I guess.

A gamble for whom?

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
In that instance, he gambled on only having a few games closed. Same as everyone who took that option.

It wasn't a gamble. They'd only give credit for each game played behind closed doors, had there only been a few games behind closed doors the streaming option would have been terminated at that point.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
It wasn't a gamble. They'd only give credit for each game played behind closed doors, had there only been a few games behind closed doors the streaming option would have been terminated at that point.
What I meant by gamble, was that I thought I was taking a chance that I’d only have to watch a few games on the stream.

Had I known that it would be every game, then I might’ve acted differently.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
What I meant by gamble, was that I thought I was taking a chance that I’d only have to watch a few games on the stream.

Had I known that it would be every game, then I might’ve acted differently.

Ah, fair enough. I wanted to see every game, preferably in person but otherwise on the TV so I just saw it as getting what I paid for.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Ah, fair enough. I wanted to see every game, preferably in person but otherwise on the TV so I just saw it as getting what I paid for.

Yeah, to be honest I didn't really enjoy the streams. Not the same without the fans

The Colonel

Gaffer
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
👌 1000 PAGER 👌
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
FOURCAST WINNER 21/22
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
Credits
If cinemas and restaurants are opening next week then as long as we don't get another 'rona wave the stadiums should be running as normal next season I would have thought.

THere, that's my rubbish contribution to the thread.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
If cinemas and restaurants are opening next week then as long as we don't get another 'rona wave the stadiums should be running as normal next season I would have thought.

You did it well.

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits

The idea that pubs, restaurants, theatres and cinemas will be allowed to customers indoors, but sports still won’t be allowed crowds in bloody big outdoor stadiums is completely ridiculous to me.

Boo

Balloon Door Wanker
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
✤ 400 PAGER ✤
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I'm not sure if I'll renew.

One important consideration is keeping my seat. I'm half way up the Ninian Stand and near enough on the half way line - and end of a row. Perfect seat. And of course I'm surrounded by my mates.

However, I don't want to shell out again just to retain the seat if we aint allowed in. It just doesnt stack up.

And even if we are allowed in, if the pubs are shut I'm not that bothered anyway. I'm not a big drinker but its the social side of attending that more appeals these days.

Without the social aspect, I'm not sure I want to make the effort any more. As the OP suggested, I may be out of the habit now and found other things to fill my Saturdays. It's going to have to be very well priced I think to convince me.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
citycash.png

Just had this email - city cash deadline now June 25th so I suspect we'll get season ticket details a week or two before then.

philstantsrifle

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
Credits
Didn’t stream a single game this season.

Serious question though; where the hell has the last 15 months gone??! Crazy really.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I'm not sure if I'll renew.

One important consideration is keeping my seat. I'm half way up the Ninian Stand and near enough on the half way line - and end of a row. Perfect seat. And of course I'm surrounded by my mates.

However, I don't want to shell out again just to retain the seat if we aint allowed in. It just doesnt stack up.

And even if we are allowed in, if the pubs are shut I'm not that bothered anyway. I'm not a big drinker but its the social side of attending that more appeals these days.

Without the social aspect, I'm not sure I want to make the effort any more. As the OP suggested, I may be out of the habit now and found other things to fill my Saturdays. It's going to have to be very well priced I think to convince me.
I agree. Even though I live nearby I'm not sure I'd go to many games without the social side of it. Tricky position for the club. Need to recoup losses but bribe fans back. Long term a lot of clubs are bound to be in a lot of trouble

D

deleted

I'll be renewing for the three of us. I wasn't even aware of the streaming service :facepalm::mare::homer:

given the reliance on vinny, how many ST holders would be willing to forgo the credit to help the club towards financial stability. I know I'm fortunate enough to say this but I'm happy to renew at full price if it helps keep the doors open.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
I've got £3.18 to spend :fedup:

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I'll be renewing for the three of us. I wasn't even aware of the streaming service :facepalm::mare::homer:

given the reliance on vinny, how many ST holders would be willing to forgo the credit to help the club towards financial stability. I know I'm fortunate enough to say this but I'm happy to renew at full price if it helps keep the doors open.
Good question. I may well do if they promise to prioritise ST holders and have a streaming service in place if its needed - it's then a gamble as it was this season. Numbers are bound to be down as though as it'd perfectly understandable for a big chunk of ST holders not to renew in light of the uncertainty, general restrictions, breaking the habit or financial concerns. The club are keeping their powder dry which is fair enough but plays into the uncertainty.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now