☘ 100 PAGER ☘
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
$ BANK $
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
Credits
1683581036893.png

1683581103767.png
I'd love it if we could get him back next season.

What a picture that is - man against boys. Cumbongo shitting his pants the treacherous shit-house and Darling going in for some bitty.

Gonzo mckenzie

Club and Country Superstar
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
Thinking back to how we started the year I'm still not sure if our high possession stats were due to the players being better on the ball than our current style allows them to show, or simply sides being happy to let us have the ball as we could rarely do anything with it.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits

Popeye

Ballon d'Or Winner
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
₡ BOOKIES ₡
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
Overall crap season

Some decent performances but few and far between. I’d say our best home performance was probably Birmingham back in the summer, 1-0 when it should’ve been 6, summed up our woes in front of goal really.

We were better away than we were at home, or at least seemed that way.

Glad we survived but think it’ll be a slog again next season given our embargo situation.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Firepower up front has been the main cause of frustration for me this season.

Seems to me that for large parts of the season we were making quite a few chances against most teams, just unable to get the goals that were needed. Remember thinking half way through the season that we weren't playing that bad in the main, just not scoring.

A while ago SL made a point that this squad were easily good enough to survive, just that the pressure they had put themselves under had crushed confidence and belief. Quite surprised we avoided relegation tbh so shows that there was some fight and spirit in the camp after all.

I do still think Morison was on the right path and his sacking wasn't football related. Shame though as I feel that if Morisons team had just a little more firepower we could have have a very good season to build on going forward.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Firepower up front has been the main cause of frustration for me this season.

Seems to me that for large parts of the season we were making quite a few chances against most teams, just unable to get the goals that were needed. Remember thinking half way through the season that we weren't playing that bad in the main, just not scoring.

A while ago SL made a point that this squad were easily good enough to survive, just that the pressure they had put themselves under had crushed confidence and belief. Quite surprised we avoided relegation tbh so shows that there was some fight and spirit in the camp after all.

I do still think Morison was on the right path and his sacking wasn't football related. Shame though as I feel that if Morisons team had just a little more firepower we could have have a very good season to build on going forward.
Quite. Our worst finish in 20 years I believe but I feel the team has been more abject previously. Lack of firepower especially pre Robinson made us too easy to negate but we play reasonable football and create chances

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Quite. Our worst finish in 20 years I believe but I feel the team has been more abject previously. Lack of firepower especially pre Robinson made us too easy to negate but we play reasonable football and create chances
Not as sold on Robinson as some, he's a wide player playing striker. Let's be honest, a decent striker sold by one Championship club to another goes for more than £1.5m.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Not as sold on Robinson as some, he's a wide player playing striker. Let's be honest, a decent striker sold by one Championship club to another goes for more than £1.5m.

But when he arrived he had a positive impact on our goal scoring.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
But when he arrived he had a positive impact on our goal scoring.
Tbf, even you could've had a positive impact on our goal scoring.

Longer term I think is bright, I can see Etete - Davies forming a big man, little man partnership along the lines of Bothroyd - Chopra/McCormack, both just need more experience.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Tbf, even you could've had a positive impact on our goal scoring.

Longer term I think is bright, I can see Etete - Davies forming a big man, little man partnership along the lines of Bothroyd - Chopra/McCormack, both just need more experience.

Yeah ok can't be arsed with this shit today

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ JASON PERRY
I ❤ ISAAK DAVIES
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Woody

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
😎 FORUM LEGEND 😎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Credits
First day of the season, I remember walking away from the Norwich game full of optimism. Beating hot favourites for promotion allowed me to overlook that our goal was a bit jammy and of course I was unaware that the hot favourites for promotion would go on to finish 13th.

I don’t think we’d have ended up in the state we did, had we kept Morison. We’ll never know what he did to warrant the boot, but even If it was justified, not having someone lined up to take over was naive in the extreme and it’s a shame that Hudson was put in the position he was.

I’d have preferred Sabri’s “mission accomplished” to have been more than keeping us up by the skin of our teeth, though he did at least produce our first derby win for ages and our first non-embarrassing fixture with Swansea, even if that one was a loss.

I never really believed we’d go down this season and I think that’s down to the view that even when we were shite, we looked like we had more about us than the clueless performances under Warnock, McCarthy or Harris.

I’d be happy enough to keep Sabri for next season, but probably not gutted if we went down another route, provided it’s a sensible one (unlikely). Though I’d be very sad to see Sol go, if that was the case. I think our squad’s in a better place than before the big overhaul, though we definitely need someone who can fill Philogene and Kaba’s boots next season, or we’ll struggle big time.

bluethrough™

Ballon d'Or Winner
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
Credits
Is it today that VT and SL are meant to be having "the chat"?

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
After a season like that I think everyone involved with the club, particularly the fans, could do with a lift, some positive news. Unfortunately with the transfer umbongo it’s hard to see much positivity coming our way.
My guess is that in the next couple of days we’ll hear that Sabri’s been given a two year contract and then he’ll spend the summer scraping around Europe for freebies and loans.

PointyHead

Ballon d'Or Winner
❶ 1 YEAR ❶
Credits
Didn't say. Sabri said he'd be with the family, off on holiday? Sounds very much like a "whatever" from his perspective.

Next season will be critical imo, so the managerial appointment needs to be the right one. I'd prefer the board to take the time and flly assess what's out there, who wants the job, who fits the future, etc than doing the easy thing of extending Lamouchi. If after doing due diligence they conclude he's the right man for the job, then great.

Barry Clunt

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
Credits
Didn't say. Sabri said he'd be with the family, off on holiday? Sounds very much like a "whatever" from his perspective.

Next season will be critical imo, so the managerial appointment needs to be the right one. I'd prefer the board to take the time and flly assess what's out there, who wants the job, who fits the future, etc than doing the easy thing of extending Lamouchi. If after doing due diligence they conclude he's the right man for the job, then great.
This is what he said yesterday -

“This week, as soon as possible. Tomorrow. I am on vacation now and I'm going home. I am ready to meet my chairman, my owner, when they want….My home is Cardiff or London, so I'm here still”

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
~LAST MAN STANDING~
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
This is what he said yesterday -

“This week, as soon as possible. Tomorrow. I am on vacation now and I'm going home. I am ready to meet my chairman, my owner, when they want….My home is Cardiff or London, so I'm here still”
Well, that cleared that up :shrug:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now