💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
$ BANK $
Reaction score
Reactions
25,318 51 51
Country
Qatar
Credits
Pontlottyn had the highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the 1990s. They were thinking of putting it on a sign by the bridge. :hehe:
Apparently my maternal grandfather was born in Pontlottyn in the 1890's. Having a real problem tracing that branch of the family tree, so maybe I will have to think more laterally on this.

:sherlock:

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
7,389 14 562
Credits
So you still can't find an example of Welsh as essential when it's not.
Essential to whom? Do you think it's essential for me, a non Welsh speaker, to be dealt with by somebody who had to speak Welsh to get their job?

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
32,872 134 104
Country
European-Union
Credits
Essential to whom? Do you think it's essential for me, a non Welsh speaker, to be dealt with by somebody who had to speak Welsh to get their job?
I don't think you're really getting the point I'm afraid.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
7,389 14 562
Credits
So you've got a bee in your bonnet about something you admit doesn't exist?
I have no bees and certainly no bonnet.
The job link is on the thread.
The points I made are clear, lucid and unambiguous.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
7,389 14 562
Credits
So you've got a bee in your bonnet about something you admit doesn't exist?
Last year you had your knickers in a twist about a change of house names in Wales. That resulted in a miserable petition which eventually reached a pitiful 18,000+ signatures, by hard-core nationalists. Nationalists who in all probability were born with the smell of burning cottages in their nostrils. This year the agenda has moved from not changing house names, to not allowing people to live in a local village, which should be kept just for locals, or shop in a local shop which also should just be kept for local people, who live locally.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Last edited:

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Reaction score
Reactions
32,872 134 104
Country
European-Union
Credits
Last year you had your knickers in a twist about change of house names in Wales. That resulted in a miserable petition which eventually reached a pitiful 18,000+ signatures, by hard-core nationalists. Nationalists who in all probability were born with the smell of burning cottages in their nostrils. This year the agenda has moved from not changing house names, to not allowing people to live in a local village, which should be kept just for locals, or shop in a local shop which also should just be kept for local people, who live locally.

:hehe::hehe::hehe:
OK Dai.

Malarkey

Ballon d'Or Winner
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
☘☘ 100 PAGER ☘☘
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
👥 GTA 21/22 WINNER 👥
Reaction score
Reactions
28,078 19 41
Country
Wales
Credits

Dr Lecter

Grumpy Old Twat
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,575 13 295
Country
Wales
Credits
small

Dr Lecter

Grumpy Old Twat
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
👑 KING OF THE FORUM 👑
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
💛❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼💛
Reaction score
Reactions
35,575 13 295
Country
Wales
Credits

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Reaction score
Reactions
7,389 14 562
Credits
Freedom to protest init!
There's no evidence presented in the article at all.
There's a percentage bandied about but with no information as to the amount of sales. There's pages of properties for sale in the area at a £1million plus, but they're not preventing young couples from buying them, as they are out of their price range.
Looks like a Welsh Nat political wind up to me.

Wavey

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Reaction score
Reactions
15,026 15 41
Credits
And what are the percentages of housing stock that are being bought up as buy-to-let? I'm not talking for the holiday let market, but more the buying for long-term renting. Some of the figures I've seen are truly staggering, and often are the lower end, more 'affordable' housing. And the crying shame is, that these are often bought by locals themselves, hoovering up the available residential properties as they play the my portfolio is bigger than your portfolio games.

Then there's this 'help to buy' or whatever the scheme is called, where a first time 'buyer' part buys part rents. Ooh but you can own up to 25% of the property they cry. But then you look at how much the mortgage will be, on top of the rent that also needs to be paid, making the monthly costs absurd. Often leasehold flats/apartments properties, so likely to also have to pay the ongoing maintenance charges as an added additional cost.

I may have it wrong, but in my mind, this has damaged the first time buyer market a lot more than those buying holiday homes. And the only argument they seem to want to give is, well look at the likes of Holland, Germany etc where most people tent rather than buy, so get used to it.

As a general rule of thumb, things tend to double in price every 10yrs. But I know plenty of people who have not had a single pay rise since pre-2007/8, making things less and less affordable with each passing year. Gone have the days where you work to live. You're lucky nowadays to be able to work to even exist.

Car prices is another one. What they now ask silly prices for a lump of metal, plastic and wiring. A lot of people need a reliable car to ensure the Mrs or kids are safe etc. Can't afford to buy, so why not lease it. £1,000s lining the pockets of these car companies, and after 2,3,4 yrs, what do you have to show for your efforts?

It won't be long before people won't have anything that they can call their own. It's a joke, and a particularly unfunny one. Welcome to modern day UK :nope:

Latest Fun Bets