Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Where did you do your research?
Census results. The article cited on here is completely lopsided. It ignores how many homeowners in any given area of Wales, own a second home outside of that area, or a second home in the same area as their primary home.
The narrative that outsiders are buying up all the homes is unproven.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Animated GIF

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
So it's not all West Walians hoovering up homes in Cardiff and keeping their West Walian mansions as well then?

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
So it's not all West Walians hoovering up homes in Cardiff and keeping their West Walian mansions as well then?
I would agree with you if you could show me comparable numbers of Cardiffians, fleeing to Gwenydd, in search of a better economic future.

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Census results. The article cited on here is completely lopsided. It ignores how many homeowners in any given area of Wales, own a second home outside of that area, or a second home in the same area as their primary home.

You lost

Get over it

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
We don't know how many West Walian economic migrants have purchased second homes in Pontcanna either as an investment or for other family members.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
We don't know how many West Walian economic migrants have purchased second homes in Pontcanna either as an investment or for other family members.
Loads I bet, the sneaky bastards.

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Bit late for today’s episode but here we go….

A16AD781-6064-4B26-9333-C63127D915C1.jpeg

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
You lost

Get over it
Not interested in a political article, especially one that neatly fits into a nationalist argument, or an insufficient local council list, which could fairly be described as having a dog in the fight.

Statements about the 'heartlands' or 'language planning' are merely emotional and political. They are not fair, balanced, or comprehensive. Trying to appeal to the public, by using the argument of exceptionalism, is not really something which smacks of a winning formula.

Steve R

Ballon d'Or Winner
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 30 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Arfur Ap Llewellyn Europe

Indy Wales
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
GTAM WINNER
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Splott Dai won't be happy but Drakesy lad and Plaid's tactics to sort out the horrendous 2nd home / holiday let crisis in Cymru are ALREADY working, despite the main changes not taking place until 2023.

Second homes are being offloaded already, and ending up in the possession of local first time buyers.

Woooohooooo!!

:wales:

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Splott Dai won't be happy but Drakesy lad and Plaid's tactics to sort out the horrendous 2nd home / holiday let crisis in Cymru are ALREADY working, despite the main changes not taking place until 2023.

Second homes are being offloaded already, and ending up in the possession of local first time buyers.

Woooohooooo!!

:wales:

The root cause of this so called problem is the fact that these houses/cottages were sold by Welsh people in the first place. None of them were sold to local young couples looking for a step on the housing ladder, all were sold for the maximum price possible which ruled out local buyers in the first place. The penalty, if any, should be levied at the original sellers.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
The root cause of this so called problem is the fact that these houses/cottages were sold by Welsh people in the first place. None of them were sold to local young couples looking for a step on the housing ladder, all were sold for the maximum price possible which ruled out local buyers in the first place. The penalty, if any, should be levied at the original sellers.
You have a fair point but they acted completely within the rules so any retrospective action would be a non starter

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits

There was exactly the same argument in 1963 when my parents bought a holiday cottage in West Wales. Lovely little detached house and garden cost £1,300 with a 30 year 95% mortgage from Llandyssul Council, who were desperate to attract buyers to the area. It had been empty for two years as young locals were more interested in either getting a council house or moving to Swansea.
Just reposting the point I made here a year ago.

The situation has its roots in the distant past, when the Welsh holiday industry was desperate to attract "the visitors", as they were called, from the Midlands. Many liked Wales so much, they bought a place of their own.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
You have a fair point but they acted completely within the rules so any retrospective action would be a non starter

If the incoming buyers had to pay more for their property, than local buyers then the local economy has already gained from the original sale.

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Just reposting the point I made here a year ago.

The situation has its roots in the distant past, when the Welsh holiday industry was desperate to attract "the visitors", as they were called, from the Midlands. Many liked Wales so much, they bought a place of their own.

I just disagree with a narrative based on nationalistic politics, i e Welsh cottages for local Welsh people. It ignores all of the economic benefits that newcomers have brought to the local areas. For example the building industry and all of the trades, have picked up refurbishment and redecoration projects on properties that would have just stayed empty.

TDA

The Fun Police
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏆 GOLD VIP 🏆
⚽ MODERATOR ⚽
🎲 GAMESMASTER 🎲
💰 JACKPOT! 💰
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 200 PAGER 🗐
🏅 UNSUNG HERO 🏅
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
$ BANK $
Credits
I just disagree with a narrative based on nationalistic politics, i e Welsh cottages for local Welsh people. It ignores all of the economic benefits that newcomers have brought to the local areas. For example the building industry and all of the trades, have picked up refurbishment and redecoration projects on properties that would have just stayed empty.
Do you mean the same nationalists who bemoan the loss of automatic rights to move to EU countries and drive up property prices there as well, which is what happened in France, Spain and Portugal ...... or maybe the Welsh didn't get involved in that :sherlock:

Dr. Lecter

Forum Racist
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
♂ FORUM ADONIS ♂
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
I just disagree with a narrative based on nationalistic politics, i e Palestinian cottages for local Palestinian people. It ignores all of the economic benefits that Israelis have brought to the local areas. For example the building industry and all of the trades, have picked up refurbishment and redecoration projects on properties that would have just stayed empty.
FYP

Worse

Ballon d'Or Winner
☢ TITANIUM VIP ☢
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
😈 Prince of Darkness 😈
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
Lecter Wrangler
Credits
Do you mean the same nationalists who bemoan the loss of automatic rights to move to EU countries and drive up property prices there as well, which is what happened in France, Spain and Portugal ...... or maybe the Welsh didn't get involved in that :sherlock:

Somewhere on here is a graph which explains the amount of people living in the coastal areas of Wales, who own second homes in England or abroad.

Funnily enough it never gets mentioned.

:thumbup:

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now