• Total voters
  • Anonymous Poll

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
So the only answer is to shoot them? How do we manage in this country :nope: we have it the wrong way round get all UK police with a hand gun

Do we have as many incidences of routine traffic stops revealing an outstanding charge against someone failing to turn up to court on a gun related case?

Do you think tasering someone diving into car either to drive off or get a gun from the car would be the wrong approach?

kiffa

Craft Beer Casual, Wolfpack Maverick
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Do we have as many incidences of routine traffic stops revealing an outstanding charge against someone failing to turn up to court on a gun related case?

Do you think tasering someone diving into car either to drive off or get a gun from the car would be the wrong approach?

Not if you actually use the taser and not the other deadly weapon you have

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Again, difficult to prove in a court of law in a split second response.

Police at that stage would have been well aware of the outstanding warrant - he dives back into car. In a situation that there *may* have been a gun in the car, police react. You hope they make the right decision, in this case a tragic mistake happened. It's hardly the case they had all the time in the world to check everything thoroughly before reacting.
What are you talking about?

She either
a. Meant to fire her gun = murder
b. Couldn't tell the difference between a bright yellow taser worn on her left hip and a glock 17 worn on her right = Gross negligence = Negligent Homicide
She literally said "Holy shit I've shot him" meaning she didn't mean to shoot him, meaning she fucked up.

This is not filing the report in the wrong drawer. Someone died, the very definition of negligent homicide.

JAMIECCFC

Cymru am byth
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❺ 5 YEARS ❺
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits

Well if she actually tasered him we would be having a different discussion where I would say well done and you would say “should’ve shot him with a 9mm”:hehe:

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
So the guy panics makes a "tragic mistake", gets in his car, gets shot and dies.
The police officer panics makes a "tragic mistake", shoots and kills the guy and shouldn't face criminal charges?

Facing criminal charges depends entirely upon the evidence. For those crying "murder!"... imo there's nothing there to support that.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Facing criminal charges depends entirely upon the evidence. For those crying "murder!"... imo there's nothing there to support that.
Literally NOBODY has said murder.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
What are you talking about?

She either
a. Meant to fire her gun = murder
b. Couldn't tell the difference between a bright yellow taser worn on her left hip and a glock 17 worn on her right = Gross negligence = Negligent Homicide
She literally said "Holy shit I've shot him" meaning she didn't mean to shoot him, meaning she fucked up.

This is not filing the report in the wrong drawer. Someone died, the very definition of negligent homicide.

You're sure the taser on her was bright yellow? It may have been, may not have been - and in a split second event, the reaction is to draw the taser, not look down to ascertain it was correct.

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
You're sure the taser on her was bright yellow? It may have been, may not have been - and in a split second event, the reaction is to draw the taser, not look down to ascertain it was correct.

I must have been - as has been discussed in this very thread

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
I must have been - as has been discussed in this very thread

A photo was posted of the other officer's taser, not the one in question.

You'd think they'd be the same type and make but that's still an assumption.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Well her colleague's taser was bright yellow.

And even under extreme pressure, I know my car keys are in my right hand pocket and my wallet's in my left.

kiffa

💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
A photo was posted of the other officer's taser, not the one in question.

You'd think they'd be the same type and make but that's still an assumption.

weak weak weak argument

Of course she would be issued with the same

pathetic

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits

We're not talking about tooling up Morrison's security staff and expecting them to uphold law & order. We're talking about trained police who will have protocol to follow to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen. Clearly, that protocol either wasn't in place or wasn't followed.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
Well her colleague's taser was bright yellow.

And even under extreme pressure, I know my car keys are in my right hand pocket and my wallet's in my left.

Well, I think we're glad to know that if ever faced with someone how failed to turn up to court on a weapon charge then dives back into their car here a gun *may* be, that you'd be able to throw your wallet to distract him an sprint back to your car and drive off without issue...

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
We're not talking about tooling up Morrison's security staff and expecting them to uphold law & order. We're talking about trained police who will have protocol to follow to ensure this kind of thing doesn't happen. Clearly, that protocol either wasn't in place or wasn't followed.

Morrisons customers are well behaved unlike Asda rabble who can't even follow a one way system or notice the no entry signs on aisles.

The officer involved was a 26 yr veteran. Do you think she failed to follow protocol.... or it was a tragic accident?

I'd hate to be a police officer.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Well, I think we're glad to know that if ever faced with someone how failed to turn up to court on a weapon charge then dives back into their car here a gun *may* be, that you'd be able to throw your wallet to distract him an sprint back to your car and drive off without issue...
My point is, he police department's regulations (as do most police departments) mandate that officers carry their gun on one side and the taser on the other.

If someone can't tell left from right, or after 26 years of training doesn't know what's where on their belt and what to do in a routine traffic stop, then maybe they're not the best person to be carrying a gun.

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Do you think she failed to follow protocol.... or it was a tragic accident?

Following protocol is meant to mean a mistake like this can't happen, that's why they have them so people know what to do in high pressure situations.

Yes, I'd hate to be a copper too, probably for very different reasons to you.

TH63

Wolfpack Leader
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
🏃 500 PAGER 🏃
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
PICKEM 18/19 - 1st Place
👂 Trusted Listener 👂
🐺 WOLFPACK 🐺
Credits
Morrisons customers are well behaved unlike Asda rabble who can't even follow a one way system or notice the no entry signs on aisles.

The officer involved was a 26 yr veteran. Do you think she failed to follow protocol.... or it was a tragic accident?

Oh this one is easy.

She failed to follow protocol.

QM Redux

Banned
Ballon d'Or Winner
❷ 2 YEARS ❷
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
Credits
My point is, he police department's regulations (as do most police departments) mandate that officers carry their gun on one side and the taser on the other.

If someone can't tell left from right, or after 26 years of training doesn't know what's where on their belt and what to do in a routine traffic stop, then maybe they're not the best person to be carrying a gun.

And again, you're talking of someone being put in a position here due to the nature of the outstanding warrant, there's a decent chance a weapon may be in the car.

Suspect jumps into car, your colleagues lives may well be in danger.

You've a split second to act.

Presuming there's a lack of similar incidents in the officers career, then implying they are incompetent is silly.

Activity
No activity at the moment...

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or register in seconds
with your social account
Don't have an account? Register now