Supermarkets selling essential goods continued

Eat Y'self Fitter

Kicker Conspiracist
⭐ PLATINUM VIP ⭐
❻ 6 YEARS ❻
☘ 100 PAGER ☘
PICKEM 17/18 - 1st Place
Credits
Well, that's the thing, we don't really know - if there's a long term strategy it's not being communicated.

I thought it was widely acknowledged that the long term strategy is to keep transmission rates and deaths as low as possible until a vaccine is available. Was that not your understanding?

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
I thought it was widely acknowledged that the long term strategy is to keep transmission rates and deaths as low as possible until a vaccine is available. Was that not your understanding?

I think most people would say that was bleeding obvious. I appreciate I blurred the lines between tactics and strategy, sure, but what are WAG planning? Are we to have numerous of these firebreaks? What is the goal with regards to business? What happens to hospitality and tourism sectors?

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
I think most people would say that was bleeding obvious. I appreciate I blurred the lines between tactics and strategy, sure, but what are WAG planning? Are we to have numerous of these firebreaks? What is the goal with regards to business? What happens to hospitality and tourism sectors?
With things so fast changing they're not making any cast iron commitments but I think the intention is no more firebreaks this calendar year. I think its considered likely another firebreak will be required in the first months of 2021 and then the longer days and weather should see less transmission. The hope is there will be an effective vaccine available soon after

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
With things so fast changing they're not making any cast iron commitments but I think the intention is no more firebreaks this calendar year. I think its considered likely another firebreak will be required in the first months of 2021 and then the longer days and weather should see less transmission. The hope is there will be an effective vaccine available soon after

Yup, get all that but with regards to things like hospitality, tourism what are the plans for supporting those industries which in some parts of Wales are vital to local economies?

Looking at events in Europe, this isn't going away anytime soon - Germany going into localised lockdowns, France's contact system not really working due to few people downloading it etc.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL
I ❤ NG
WEED CLUB
🍺 BEER CLUB 🍺
Credits
Yup, get all that but with regards to things like hospitality, tourism what are the plans for supporting those industries which in some parts of Wales are vital to local economies?

Looking at events in Europe, this isn't going away anytime soon - Germany going into localised lockdowns, France's contact system not really working due to few people downloading it etc.
I don't know is the honest answer. There is a commitment to announce what follows the firebreak before 2 November. Tourism will be in its off season but may get some delayed demand if permitted. I suspect hospitality will go back to its pre firebreak state and Christmas office parties be strongly duscouraged.

QuantumMechanic

Ballon d'Or Winner
❸ 3 YEARS ❸
Credits
I don't know is the honest answer. There is a commitment to announce what follows the firebreak before 2 November. Tourism will be in its off season but may get some delayed demand if permitted. I suspect hospitality will go back to its pre firebreak state and Christmas office parties be strongly duscouraged.

Christmas office parties will go ahead, I've little doubt, much like family Christmas meals will.

Jimmytaff

Sir Jim, Earl of Llandaf
💎 DIAMOND VIP 💎
👑 FORUM KING 👑
❹ 4 YEARS ❹
~LMS Deutschland~
🖕 FUCK THE TORIES! 🖕
🗐 10 PAGER 🗐
❼ WHITTINGHAM ❼
I ❤ KEV MCNAUGHTON
I ❤ BRIAN CLARK
I ❤ RUBIN COLWILL